• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bersa

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"

IMO, Bersa is one of the highly underrated and overlooked brands out there in the market, but they make some great shooters.

Post em if you got em...

Here's my little Thunder .380 CC (concealed carry model)...

It was my wife's EDC for the last couple years until she "stole" my LCP. It's a great little pistol and surprisingly accurate for its diminutive size. I love the brushed nickel finish. Not a bad all around pistol and a great price at around $300.

You can usually find the standard models for around $250-$279. I liked the CC for the more compact and contoured shape. Even though they're smaller, the CC models actually have an eight round mag vs the standard model's seven rounders.

I've got a set of custom walnut grips being made that should be in middle of next month. I'll post up a new pic once she's wearin her new shoes...

My custom grips came in last week. They're checkered walnut with the Bersa logo. I'm extremely impressed with the fit and the workmanship. They really dress up the 380 CC nicely...

BersaThunder380CC8-1.jpg

BersaThunder380CC3.jpg

BersaThunder380CC2.jpg

BersaThunder380CC5.jpg

BersaThunder380CC4.jpg

Well here ya go, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bersa :D

Bersa makes great pistols and are priced to own, ranging from $250-$425. Very reliable and perfect for anyone that doesn't want to shell out big $$$ for a big name brand. Their Thunder 380 and Thunder 380cc models are comparable to the Walther PPK/PPKs and are less than half the cost. The Thunder 9, 40, and 45 models are also popular carry options.

These are my most common carry weapons,other than my S&W 36.
The .45 UltraCompact hits about 2" low and 3" left at 15 yards.That's all I need to know.
I haven't fired the .380 in so long I don't remember exactly,but I can fix that.
Bob

Attachments

• Bersas.JPG
    Bersas.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 1,162
Very nice!

I've never fired any of their bigger pistols, but my Thunder 380CC is one sweet shooter.

I own 4 and love them all.
A 45UC a .380 and a .380CC as well as a Firestorm .22 (Firestorm is a Bersa incognito)
CopyofGUNPictures009.jpg

The 45UC now sports a custom grip that looks exactly like this.
CarbonFiberGrips.jpg

Actually the grips on all my Bersa have been customized thank to a friend I met on another forum.
Check out his website. He makes some really cool grips for all kinds of guns

http://www.designergrips.com/

If you do buy from Designer Grips tell Paul that Lenny in Connecticut says HI!
My wife and I acted as his product test team a couple of years ago when he was first starting out making grips.

Yessir...

Took forever to get em, but was worth the wait. They really improve the comfort and feel of the pistol. How'd you like the Firestorm .22? My LGS is sittn on a BT .22 and I've been tryin not to buy it for a while now.

It is really a fun gun to shoot.
The only drawback is that to guarantee propper cycling with this fairly heavy slide, you must shoot really hot .22 loads.

CCI stingers is what the gun loves. It actually adds to the fun since when the light is right, you can see a fireball shooting these. :shock:

Ah thanks, that answers another question on mine.

The action seems like it's pretty tight and I've wondered about the reliability and ammo needs. I don't really "need" another plinker, but the combination of low price and the fact that you don't see to many of the BT .22s around makes me want to buy it. It's in the nickel finish and would look great with a set of Bersa's factory walnut grips...

My BERSA Thunder 45 Ultra Compact...

BERSATHUNDER45small-1.jpg

The Compact versions of the Bersa Thunder full size handguns were introduced at the end of the 1990s. Initially the name was "Mini Thunder" later changed to "Thunder Ultra Compact". Avalilable chamberings are 9 mm Parabellum, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. The .45 version is not available in a full size. Barrel length is reduced to 3.5 inches (3.6 for the .45 ACP caliber).

The Thunder Ultra Compact features a security key to activate a security locking system located on the left side of the frame under the take down lever, in the locked position the hammer cannot be cocked, the trigger won't work in double action, the slide won't cycle and the gun cannot be disassembled. Each pistol has an individual key.

Back