• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Blackhawk's NEW SPECOPS Adjustable Shotgun Stock- Mossberg

Re: Re: Blackhawk's NEW SPECOPS Adjustable Shotgun Stock- Mo

tnxdshooter said:
ripjack13 said:
well, just think about it this way...it's better for them to test it and get it right, than for you to use it and get hurt. or worse....

good things come to those who wait...patience is a virtue....

i'll shut up now....

Still no more word on Gen 2? Has anyone tried the mesa tactical leo stock? They cost a fortune. Do they really work any better than the Black Hawk Knoxx?

Ive heard that the enidine recoil reducing system is hands down the best out there on the mesa tactical. That is why so many police departments use them. However, i use the knoxx it works fine and here soon i a going to try the ATI Talon Tactical. Whicever one i like the best is the one i will keep.

Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Re: Blackhawk's NEW SPECOPS Adjustable Shotgun Stock- Mossbe

Well these things are finally available. http://www.emergencyresponderproducts.c ... hstge.html
Blackhawk gave my friend this link and told him the date it would be available. They were not lying because it went up as available two days ago when they said it would so he ordered one after months of waiting. Cant wait to see it in person and shoot it…..good price too! I just loaded up 100 slugs this weekend .. woot !

Figures, since I just broke down and bought the Gen 1...

Not so fast, he got an email today that said sorry, end of November so here we go again. However the site says Remington is available now....whatever, I told him to get a Hogue cuz I want to try it too lol

Ah man, I bet he's pissed. I can picture the expression on his face reading that e-mail. Something like this...

Well we had a big day planned but it will have to wait....We will be shooting in the snow....which I love

My spec ops gen 1 broke last week, where the polymer meets the aluminum it became loose. It felt like the stock was loose on the receiver, but the bolt was nice and tight. Called customer service and they were very nice, they sent me a prepaid return label and I shipped the stock back to them. They promised me a short turn around time and most likely they would send me a new stock back. I inquired about the gen II and was told they will be shipping in December to dealers. I'll update this post when I get my replacement stock back, so far their customer service seems excellent along with their product.

Welcome aboard Underdog,

Sorry to hear about your issue, but I'm glad they got you fixed up. Be sure to stop by the new member area and introduce yourself to the crowd...

Ok, it has shipped. He got the tracking number comming from NY

They are shipping :cool: Just found mine of the front porch 12-7 after a long wait.

IMAG0404.jpg

Pete

Very nice!

Congrats on the new stock and welcome aboard! Let us know how it works out for you...

Anyone has the gen2 stock? can you give some feedback? I have ati talon with scorpion pad and im thinking about changing to the spec ops gen2.

I'd stay away from the Gen II SpecOps.

The pistol grips have been snapping off while firing and they're under a factory recall. Save yourself a headache and pick up a Gen 1. I've been running mine issue free and approaching 500 rounds.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I'd stay away from the Gen II SpecOps.

The pistol grips have been snapping off while firing and they're under a factory recall. Save yourself a headache and pick up a Gen 1. I've been running mine issue free and approaching 500 rounds.

That's what I wanted to confirm. i heard alot about the grips snaping out. Whats the difference between the 2? Is is just cosmetic? I wonder if the gen1 can compare with the ati talon scorpion recoil pad...

Don't have any experience with the ATI stock, but my SpecOps eats up recoil to the point of making 12ga full loads feel like a pillow fight. They made some "improvements" to the ergos on the Gen II, but I actually prefer the lines and feel of the original design.

As far as other differences.......well the grips don't snap off of the Gen 1. :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Don't have any experience with the ATI stock, but my SpecOps eats up recoil to the point of making 12ga full loads feel like a pillow fight. They made some "improvements" to the ergos on the Gen II, but I actually prefer the lines and feel of the original design. As far as other differences, well the grips don't snap off of the Gen 1.

Thank you LES. i really appreciate the input. I feel the recoil bad with my ATI. I have alot of recoil even with slugs. I think the spec ops can help me then. You don't happen to know where is the best place to buy cheapest? Im looking so far at $100. does that sound about right?

Around $100 sounds about right.

Paid $110 for mine locally if I recall. You can find them a bit cheaper sometimes on-line, but after shipping you're back up to $100 anyway.

Back