• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fiber Optic Sights

I've got a set of Williams Fire Sights on a turkey/deer barrel for my 500c (22" Vent Rib) and I've got a set of magnetic Tru-Glo's that I used on my 930 when I got my last turkey with it. I'll try to post some pictures.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Have any questions about Fiber Optic Sights? Is there a particular model you like to use? Let's see some pics and discussion...

oh heck yea I have a question :

What is the diameter/thread size of the front bead on my Mossberg 12 ga. 590 ?

I want to get a neat lil' one from Truglo, Inc ; but they got 1/2 a dozen different threads/sizes

MarinecoatMarine said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Have any questions about Fiber Optic Sights? Is there a particular model you like to use? Let's see some pics and discussion...

oh heck yea I have a question :

What is the diameter/thread size of the front bead on my Mossberg 12 ga. 590 ?

I want to get a neat lil' one from Truglo, Inc ; but they got 1/2 a dozen different threads/sizes

Just like LES said, its a 5/40. Some of the kits from TruGlo include several screws, but that may be primarily the universal sets like the turkey 3 dots for vent rib barrels...

Anyone seen these from Trijicon? Its a shotgun fiber optic to replace the factory bead.

Mossberg Green Fiber Optic for Vent Rib Barrels
SH03-G.jpg

From Trijicon;
The green fiber optic shotgun sight collects ambient light to provide a brilliant aiming point in a wide range of lighting conditions. The fiber is capped with a sapphire jewel to help evenly distribute the light while protecting the lamp from solvents and puncture. This bright and rugged sight is ideal in tactical and defense roles and can also serve well in hunting applications, including upland game, waterfowl and turkey.

Constructed of anodized 6061-T6 aluminum, it’s built to withstand shotgun recoil, white-hot barrel temperatures and years of field use.

As I'm planning to get a 930 with a 24" VR barrel, I'd like to give this a go!

Re: SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

Heres what we're usin from TruGlo!

Its the TruGlo TruBead Turkey Universal Dual Color

Pictured on Allisons 500 .410 fixed full choke 24" VR barrel.

These came with a set of screws and parts to make it mountable to darn near any VR barrel. Theyre adjustable and Ally loves them!

Attachments

• TG01sml.JPG
    TG01sml.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,169
  • TG02sml.JPG
    TG02sml.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,170
Thanks LES! Dan turned us on to these and Allison has been using them ever since!

Finally got a chance to snap some pics of the new Aimpro Fiber Optic front sight I installed on my 590a1...

This thing is awesome! It lights up like a laser in the sun and is incredibly bright even in low light. Aimpro did their homework on the fit making installation a breeze. Haven't had a chance to geet out to the range with it yet, but I'm sure looking forward to it...

MikeD said:
I've got a set of Williams Fire Sights on a turkey/deer barrel for my 500c (22" Vent Rib) and I've got a set of magnetic Tru-Glo's that I used on my 930 when I got my last turkey with it. I'll try to post some pictures.

Williams Fire Sights on my 500C
500c_firesightsd_001.jpg

500c_firesightsd_002.jpg

500c_firesightsd_003.jpg

My bad, the sights for my 930 were the clip on sights not the magnetic sights. I only used the read along with the factory red bead on the 930.

Mossy_930_001.jpg

Mossy_930_003.jpg

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice!

For real! I like those alot!

Man, I wish my skin had turned out as nice as those you have pictured...

I have a 500A .12-gauge slug barrel, 18.5" smooth bore with open rifle sights. Are there any FO sights made for this type barrel/sights?

Dave, I'm gonna say yes... But I'd have to see your current sights before I could make suggestions.

Others may know what youre lookin for though! :D

Rossignol said:
Dave, I'm gonna say yes... But I'd have to see your current sights before I could make suggestions.

Others may know what youre lookin for though! :D
Here are a few angles of my open sights. Hope this helps! Thanks...Dave

Attachments

• barrel_01.jpg
    barrel_01.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 1,004
  • barrel_05.jpg
    barrel_05.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,004
  • barrel_10.1.jpg
    barrel_10.1.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 1,004
Dave,

it doesn't look like your front sight is going to be easily updated without the use of a gunsmith. The rear appears to be set in a dovetail so you might have more options there.

This is a little out of my area of expertise, but that's my first impression based on your pics.

Yup, I'll second that one.

Your front post looks to be permanent, but you should be able to find a replacement for the rear sight. You'll need something that'll seat in the dovetail cut-out...

Back