• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fiber Optic Sights

Thanks for the pics, it helps!

I'm onboard with the others, unless that rear sight has a base that screws down... that may open another option or two.

Thanks everyone for the input! I kind of figured it wasn't going to be an easy upgrade. So I think I'll keep the open sights as-is (after all, this season my nephew saw me take a white-tail at 75 yards with a Foster slug, one shot through the lung!) so I think I'll keep it "sporty" and take my chances and show my nephew this Old-Timer still has it! :lol:

I also have decided to completely refinish the gun and wood stock with DuraCoat (T1-Tactical Black)....I'll post pics once finished....most likely won't be for awhile. I need to repair the BOLT, as the BOLT LOCK PIN somehow sheared and a piece is broken-off....I was able to locate a replacement PIN from Numrich Sales...they were VERY good with Customer Service!

Here's wishing everyone a GREAT 2012!!!
Dave

Yeah by the time you spend the money upgrading sights, especially altering the front post, you could have bought a new barrel complete with any sight combination you choose. Keep us posted on the refinishing. Looking forward to seeing it completed...

I too would like to see it refinished....I will require pix as well. before during and after...
;)

Thanks guys...I will certainly shoot pics before and after the refinishing...I might even dabble at making a short video of the process...we'll see what time will allow. I'm very attached to this 500A 12-gauge, as I've had it since I can remember, and have taken more deer with her than I could possible count.

Later.....BfloDave

ripjack13 said:
I too would like to see it refinished....I will require pix as well. before during and after...
;)
Thought came to mind...I know I can post up to 3 pics per message...so how do I create a photo album or post video?

See if this helps! ;)

Posting Pics on MO

You can do YouTube video by clicking the youtube tab in the full editor and it will look like this;
[youtube][/youtube]

Then insert the video url between the youtubey things!

I was looking on the web today for this very thing. The rifled barrel I just got at the gun show has Williams rifle sights and I'm thinking of taking off the cheek riser on my Knoxx stock and swapping out the sights on the barrel with a set of Williams Fire Sights and getting some vented rib fiber sights for my long barrel 835 and leave the quick point, laser and light for the Mav-88 for H/D. I really like the fiber sights on my Rossi .22.

Rossignol said:
See if this helps! ;)

Posting Pics on MO

You can do YouTube video by clicking the youtube tab in the full editor and it will look like this;
[youtube][/youtube]

Then insert the video url between the youtubey things!

Thanks for the tip! I already have a YouTube account, so it should be no problem!

Thanks bro!
Dave

Williams Fire Sights

Bought at Cheaper Than Dirt. $25.71 - $34.81 with shipping and tax. Removed the Iron Sights, a little stubborn on the front sight getting it removed. $187 rifled 24" fiber sight barrel for $134 plus cost of going to the gun show and taking the better half out to dinner which I need to do once in a while anyway.

Thanks Rossignol,

Next thing to do will be getting some fiber sights for the 28 inch barrel after the wife cools down a bit on my buying the 28 inch barrel for my Maverick from tnxtshooter. Got the notice in the mail that it is at the post office but by the time the mail ran the office was closed. Reluctantly she agreed to pick it up for me, else it will be another week before I can get it.

Oh. That means I need two sets of fiber sights for the 28 inch vented rib barrels. Hmmm.

Yep, I gotta be careful and do things slowly too sometimes!

Sight suggestions...

Just recently picked up my first shotgun. A Mossberg 500 field/deer combo. Anyway was wanting to put some fiber optic sights on the 24" rifled slug barrel and wondered if anyone had anything they'd tried and liked? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Re: Sight suggestions...

It has the rifle sights on it now, yes? Are they both dovetailed or is there a set screw in the rear?

Hmmmm... I say we move this over to the fiber optic thread in the optics sec and see what kind of response it gets there! ;)

Quite a newbie with guns so just looking for some advice... Hoping to get out and play with it for the first time this weekend :grin:

I'll see what I can find in the way of the sights.

Have fun shooting!!! ;)

Back