• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

Yeah, I saw that added in there but it was named out right by both names "Striker" and "Street Sweeper"

I do not own one but I am just outraged by their stupidity.. because I am sure they see a 6 shot .410 as a threat............ How do you all feel about the ban on shotguns with 6+ capacity? I understand if you have one already you are fine but... still

Itstrictmo, I'm sorry that you're having to find this stuff out the hard way. But that's one of the hard parts of growing up I reckon.

To answer your questions, yes, that rule would count for a rossi circuit judge, 8 round 590's would classify it as an assault weapon.

What they do is look through pictures on gun forums and see things that look scary to them, and they jot it down. Most of the politicians that try to write gun laws, don't have even a basic understanding of what they are writing laws about and are more of a danger to themselves and others in spite of it.

That is why most law abiding gun owners get all bent out of shape when they start submitting ban bills.

Just wait until after the New Year when they submit the newest ban bill. I can almost gaurantee that it will keep you up at night.

Do you have any new news on the latest? I have been thoroughly disturbed and troubled by the atrocity that they call a Gun Ban... I can't imagine it getting TOO MUCH worse :(

Can anyone answer this... Why are Pistol Grips soo evil?
Having a pistol grip on a gun is like stabbing their mothers in the leg with a rusty butter knife....

Nope, no info and nobody else does either until they actually submit it and it becomes available for us mere peasants to read.

But in an attempt to answer your question about pistol grips, because pitchforks don't have pistol grips :?:

Hell, I don't know.

Just because "they" say they are somehow "bad".

That's the best answer I've got.

John A. said:
...because pitchforks don't have pistol grips...

lol you don't know how accurate this probably is :p
I can't find a semi-legit reason too hate pistol grips other than just because it is a common feature on most modern firearms and is an addition too most "tactical" shotguns and rifles of all kinds. Just something that would wipe out a lot of firearms in the market

sadly, whatever the new bill will say, if you physically add it to a pitchfork, it will not make the pitchfork more lethal by adding it, or less lethal by removing it.

If a gun has ever seen a single day in military service, or looks like it could, expect to read its' name on the next list.

That is my guess.

Fair enough :p

They weren't too informational about what happens to the guns that aren't bought back.. Do they come for them and take them without "refund" or what?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I don't know what you're talking about.

All mine were lost in the flood a couple years ago...

Oh man... I am soo sorry for your loss! That must have hit you pretty hard! :cry:

Oh well, enough hypothetical contemplation for one night.

I'll see you guys in the mornin'.

Sorry to hear all you guys lost your guns that way!

Ric, I was in my mid 20's in 1994, similar to your age now. None of the '94 ban made sense to me as they sold it to the public as a crime reducer. You will drive yourself crazy trying to think of why a pistol grip is evil or has to do with crime reduction. With anything out of DC, think through what the real goal is, not what they are telling you. If crime reduction was the goal, they would be going after the proliferation of hand guns that are illegally owned and used by criminals. As I came to conlude then and think now, it's about control and power over people.

Here are some quotes of here's that I found. They say a lot about the stupidity we will be up against. She has no clue what our rights are. She wants total removal of all guns. Guns are ok to protect her but not us.
Feinstein - "Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe."

Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."

Feinstein possessed a concealed handgun permit in the early 70's "And, I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me." -- 27 April 1995

Y'all touched on a couple points in that 07 proposal, it mentioned any firearm that could be considered for military or law enforcement procurement, shotguns with more than a 5 round capacity, and shotguns with a revolving cylinder. Also "thumbhole stocks". I believe that one is because of the SVD and Dragonov rifles?

My first thoughts went to OFMs 500 Persuader 20" (7 +1) and the 20" 590 (8+1) and the Rossi Circuit Judge as well. Additionally OFM 500s turkey models with thumbhole stocks. This has nothing to do with anything accept for a vague resemblance to the Dragonov. So a thumbhole stock on a turkey gun makes one a smothbore 12 ga sniper. Not to mention makes you able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

It mentioned the folding and adjustable stocks with regard changing the over all length and concealability, I imagine pistol grips to that end as well? I dunno, perhaps simply because it makes firearms appear as their military counterparts.

How about the arguement no self respecting military would use a civy AR15? Doesn't matter I guess, they're still tryin to legitimize the "serious hunter" arguement. Serious hunters don't need these sorts of arms. How about get out of my life and leave me alone? I bought firearms I liked and have used them in manners consistent with traditional hunting and paper punching...

No matter. I too have in all truthfulness sold almost everything just to make ends meet. 590A1, 500, 1911, AR, just to put food on the table. Haven't said anything cuz I didn't wanna feel less part of this group. BUT, id like to be able to purchase those again in the future darnit. I still have a bird gun and a borrowed 1300... still here to fight though! ;)

carbinemike said:
Ric, I was in my mid 20's in 1994, similar to your age now. None of the '94 ban made sense to me as they sold it to the public as a crime reducer. You will drive yourself crazy trying to think of why a pistol grip is evil or has to do with crime reduction. With anything out of DC, think through what the real goal is, not what they are telling you. If crime reduction was the goal, they would be going after the proliferation of hand guns that are illegally owned and used by criminals. As I came to conlude then and think now, it's about control and power over people.

And there's the real motiviation behind it.

Keep throwing s**t at it until something sticks.

They continue to submit these types of bills every single year. At every single shooting that gets more than 2 days worth of cnn coverage until they can pass more restrictions on the american public at large spewing the same rhetoric thinking that if you repeat something enough that people will start believing it.

I don't even think they care that it's not going to reduce crime. They just want to do it. And will use any excuse or tragedy to further that.

And that makes me mad they would do that to start with, and sad for the families of the victims.

Itsricmo said:

As best as I can guess, some politician has probably seen a movie where a pistol gripped shotgun (or some other scaaaaaaary looking weapon) has come out from under a trench coat. Those darn pistol grips make it so much easier to conceal, don't you know? I'm surprised they haven't tried to ban trench coats or even clothing. Given how the TSA operates, I could see "random" strip searches coming to a street near you.

Back