• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gander Mountain going out of business!!!

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
They used to be my go to store. They have changed a lot over the years and are not what they once were but I am still a little sad to see them go.

Link: http://www.gandermountain.com/

All sales final. No refunds, no exchanges or adjustments for prior purchases. We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express Cards. Not all items in all stores. Inventory is limited to stock on hand. These stores are not participating in current circulars.
Gander Mtn – We Live Outdoors
What’s happening at Gander Mountain?
Gander Mountain is the nation’s largest retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine, apparel, footwear, shooting sports, and outdoor lifestyle. Gander Mountain has spent over 50 years igniting people’s passion for the outdoors. In every natural convention, from twisting trails to surging streams, we’ve challenged ourselves to discover something valuable to pass along to each of our customers. We are committed to staying the go-to place for outdoor enthusiasts who are constantly in search of great, high-quality gear to help them make more great moments in the outdoors.

Better Gear. Better Performance. Better Service. Better Value. All at Gander Mountain.
WE LIVE OUTDOORS.
In March 2017, Gander Mountain filed for voluntary Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and began the work to restructure the company and remain a part of the outdoor community. In May 2017, Gander Mountain and Overton’s were acquired by Camping World Holdings, Inc.

Camping World
Camping World Holdings, Inc. is the only provider of a comprehensive portfolio of services, protection plans, products, and resources for recreational vehicle (“RV”) enthusiasts. Through its two iconic brands, Camping World and Good Sam, the company offers new and used RVs for sale, vehicle service, and maintenance along with more than 10,000 products and services through its retail locations and membership clubs. Good Sam branded offerings provide the industry’s broadest and deepest range of services, protection plans, products, and resources. The Camping World brand operates the largest national network of RV-centric retail locations in the United States through over 125 retail locations in 36 states and an e-commerce platform. With both brands founded in 1966, product and service offerings are based on 50 years of experience and customer feedback from RV enthusiasts.

What does this mean for Gander Mountain?
The announcement of Camping World acquiring the Gander Mountain brand means that we will continue to be a part of the specialty outdoor market. Many of our customers that depend on us for their recreational lifestyle will continue to enjoy the great products and services that have been the company’s hallmark throughout its history. We at Gander Mountain believe that our best days are still ahead of us and we ask that you join us in welcoming and supporting this successful transition. Camping World shares the same passion for the outdoors as Gander Mountain and our customers, making for a great melding of businesses and outdoor communities.

Welcome to the team, Camping World! We are excited for the future and the infinite possibilities ahead of us to serve the outdoor community!

Check back in Fall 2017 for more details!

Well, it looks like it's going to be Camping world now...

I was going to get two... Had a coupon for $20 off every $100 spent. I'm talking about the Heritage Rough Rider .22 revolver. $120 on sale - $20 off at Gangrene Mountain with the aforementioned "Customer Appreciation" coupon. The flyer below from "gun.deals" did not say "out of stock" when I printed out the coupon. Checked stock online and went over to my "local" store in Lake Mary, FL to do the deal. I have a CWP so I was planning on walking out with two--one for my son and one for my daughter. Well, I should have called to verify stock as I would have been able to determine they were NOT participating in the sale as they were "going out of business"... :rolleyes: Oh sure, they had PLENTY of RRs, but at the normally inflated price of $199. :eek:

I am not at all saddened to see them go--well, maybe a little bit... Their prices were ALWAYS high unless it was something on sale in their flyer then they would be out of stock... :rolleyes: And this particular store failing may have had something to do with an Academy opening up about a year ago just across the street. There was just about NO ONE at the firearms counter and every gun in the case was probably $100 over other stores. They were VERY well-stocked with guns and ammo. A couple people were coming in to shoot at the indoor range which I think was $75/yr + $25/hr to use. There were the typical "Going out of Business" signs with the 10%-20% signs up. The liquidation companies raise the prices so they can artificially lower them--it is all a big scam! :mad: I suppose if you happen to be in the right place at the right time you might get a deal when they put the next series of "% off" signs up...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• roughriderbsad.JPG
    roughriderbsad.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Customer Appreciation.pdf
    166.4 KB · Views: 5
It's been going around up here for quite some time that GM was closing. First, just a few stores then all of them. Maybe they were trying to get Johnny Morris to buy them but he ain't biting. With the advent of Field and Stream and the expansion of Cabelas I guess they couldn't compete. The closest one in on the north side of Dayton, over an hour from here. Been there maybe 4 times since they opened.

All the old brick and mortar stores and strip malls will soon all become retail websites...with everything shipped directly to your door.

{ "And if you act now, we'll double your order...just pay separate processing and handling charges..." }

Which of course will bring back the scourge of the west...the bandit...stealing packages off of porches...because most retailers won't ship to secure PO Boxes.

It was nice place to see lots of inventory in one place. Fondle find what you like and go purchase down the street were its usually fifty to ahundred bucs cheaper. I liked going to browse but the LGS and Academy were always way cheaper. I really wouldn't mind 5 or 10 bucs extra to have option of handling so much invemtory in one spot. But could never justify paying literally 50 to a hundred more.

Well took the drive to town to check out sale. Heres the sign excludes guns and ammo. Well darn.20170507_144313.jpg

All the old brick and mortar stores and strip malls will soon all become retail websites...with everything shipped directly to your door.

{ "And if you act now, we'll double your order...just pay separate processing and handling charges..." }

Which of course will bring back the scourge of the west...the bandit...stealing packages off of porches...because most retailers won't ship to secure PO Boxes.
The irony is that GM was strictly a catalog we orderred from for many years before they opened up a store in MI. Same with Cabelas/Bass Pro, LL Bean, Orvis, etc.

It was nice place to see lots of inventory in one place. Fondle find what you like and go purchase down the street were its usually fifty to ahundred bucs cheaper...
Yeah, I'll admit to showrooming also, especially w/ electronics. I'm probably responsible for the future downfall of brick and mortar commerce.

images

My car parked outside of a our last Radio Shack.

Stopped into GM today. Despite the signs nothing good was really marked down that much. By the time it is there prob wont be anything left.

I was there yesterday...picked up:

PMAG 40 rounder for my Oly AR... $14.99 ( MSRP $19.99 )

Marlin Model 80 "clip" for my Marlin Model 80C... $10.99 ( MSRP $13.99 )

20 Pack of Gander Mountain Targets with pasters... $2.99 ( MSRP $ 4.99 )

Brand New GI 50Cal Steel Ammo Can...$13.99 ( MSRP $19.99 )

Saved $16.00

List of all Gander Mountain closings from: http://www.guns.com/2017/03/14/list-which-gander-mountain-stores-are-closing/

The full list:

Alabama – Gadsden, Mobile, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa
Georgia – Augusta, McDonough, Snellville
Illinois – Champaign, Algonquin, Springfield
Indiana – Merrillville, Greenfield
Minnesota – Rogers, Mankato, Woodbury
New York – New Hartford
North Carolina – Raleigh, South Charlotte
Tennessee – Chattanooga
Texas – Houston, Killeen, Laredo, Lubbock, Round Rock, San Antonio, Sugar Land, Texarkana, Waco, West Houston
West Virginia – Charleston
Wisconsin – Eau Claire, Germantown

The Warrington, Pennsylvania store can also be added to the list...I talked to the manager yesterday.

The Novi Michigan location is closing, I have not checked any others yet.

My closest one is Dothan Alabama. They said its closing store but will maintain presence in area ? Not exactly sure what that means. There is a large camping world right down the road.

Back