• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

I modify all my Glocks as well.
Lightning Strike titanium striker and safety plunger.
I Love My Glock brand titanium depressor plunger
LWD 3.5 # connector and factory NY1 trigger spring.
LWD extended slide lock lever.
Aro-tek extended slide release, mag release and night sights.
Scherer Slug Plug mag guide.
Polish connector and trigger bar.
I have had 10 different Glocks since the mid 1990's and all have had similar modifications. Glocks were made for tinkering on so modify to your hearts content! :D

Aside from some stippling and an extended mag release mine is stock.

I have a set of match springs at home somewhere but i never did install them. I shot another gun that had the 3.5# trigger and I kept double tapping it unintentionally. I know it's just a training issue that can be resolved but I've kind of getten accustimmed to the the factory trigger.

Good to see another G34 shooter here!

I hope yours has been as good as mine. All I've done to my G34 is ditch the cheap adjustables and replace front and rear with steel Trijicons. Shoots plain-jane Speer Gold Dot 124-gr +Ps over my chrono @ nearly 1400-fps which IMHO effen' rocks...

I am thinking of getting rid of the finger grooves on my G30. They are too close together, I don't have any experience working with polymers though. I took a grinder to my G27 years ago and covered up that hackjob with a cut down Hogue grip. Ugly, but much more comfortable to me. Problem is, I don't want to take a grinder to my G30. Any suggestions out there?

Okay guys I have panned through the pages of pictures and discussions here in this thread. I will be in the market to get a pistol Next March for CCW. I have dwindled it down to Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact or the Glock Model 27 Gen 4... both in 9mm. Why would you guys say I should get a Glock?

From a guy who has an XD40sc and a Glock or two, I'll say that either would make a fine pistol.

However, the factory XD trigger breaks like a wet carrot. With that much over travel and a 3" barrel I was printing all over the place at 10-15yds. I was on the verge of trading it in, but eventually installed 'Ultimate Match Target XD Trigger Kit' from Powder River Precision. It's a smoothe shooter now with a crisp break, but only after a bit of work. The XD also has a higher bore axis compared to the Glock and is a bit top heavy. This is just my experience though.

The best advice I can give is to get out there and put both in your hands. One will feel better to you than the other and your choice will get easier. If the sales person will let you dry fire them go for it. With the weapon rendered safe, pull the trigger past the break and hold it all the way in. With the trigger held back, rack the slide and then slowly let up on the trigger until you feel the reset. You should notice a considerable difference in the break and travel distance before reset between the XD and the Glock. It's all about which one feels better to you...

Thank you for the info! I have held both and I honestly like the feel of the XD better. I have also held the 3.8" 40s&w XD(m). I believe the XD feels better and looks a little better. I will have to stop by the gun shop and talk to the man about dry fire and checking the reset. I will be able to get either one Just wondering what it word on the street was about both! Thanks Again!

Shoot before you buy. Practice reloads etc. Just because it feels good in the hand doesn't mean its the best fit. I've gone through many many guns before I settled on the Glock which ironically I ruled out initialy because I hated the way it felt

Sent from my G19 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I don't know anyone with a Glock though... My dad has a XD9 and a Taurus 24/7.. But he doesn't like to get out the XD for me to shoot.. I THINK it may be a 21st present haha in which case I wouldn't have this dilemma but I have shot the 24/7 and it sucks.. accuracy wise it sucks. He has it down right, but I can't get it too shoot worth crap...

Anyhow, Thanks again for all the information guys!

Gotta love that Glock 30... very nice tcecil88 !!

I carry my G30SF everyday...

I finished my Gen 2 Glock 21 "Veteran" and Gen 3 Glock 30 "Infidel". (I know, nick-naming guns is :ugeek:)
I modified them both as identically as possible.
Anyway, I just got the frames back from Aro-Tek where they installed the extended mag releases.
IMG00102-20121019-0943.jpg

I love the Glock .45's. Both of these are very soft shooting and accurate.

Looks like they do some nice work.

I can't help but think that Glock is getting further away from their self-proclaimed "perfection" with every new generation. The Gen III models are fine for me, but if I happen upon a Gen II for sale I'll jump on it in a heart beat...

I have not played with a Gen 4 Glock yet, but I am interested in trying one. I would still modify it because that makes it unique and my own. I think that for me, the Gen 2 was the best they made, but I have yet to find a GEN 3 G21SF at a LGS. I really want to handle one of those. I want the one with the Picatiney rail, but I heard they had alot of problems with the ambidextrous mag catch so they were discontinued.

Nice pair pf Glocks Tcecil88

My EDC containing my Glock 26. This is my primary CPL gun.
The mag pouch is something I slopped together real quick. Figured I'd rather just make one than buy one. Works just fine for me.
420807_122737021189130_101821363280696_91706_1979607108_n.jpg

glock.jpg

Back