• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

Anyone have a recommendation on a good leather or kydex/leather pancake holster for the Glock 19? I have a BlackHawk Serpa II, but I'm looking for something that will pull the gun in closer to me. The attachment system + paddle thickness just don't do it for OWB concealed carry unless I'm wearing a big hoodie.

If you're looking for something with active/auto retention, I'm a HUGE fan of the Bianchi CarryLok holsters...

Bianchi: Model 82 CarryLok

It's my go-to rig for my 1911s...

...also picked one up for the SIG P220...

Even with heavier full-sized handguns it keeps the weight close into the body and doesn't allow an outward cant. The release is intended to be operated with the middle finger which keeps your trigger finger free and at the ready during the draw. I never really liked the idea of having to operate a release with my index finger so close to the trigger, especially since I always carry in condition one.

I carry my G26 during the work day when I'm not allowed to CC in the office, so it rides in a simple IWB for easy removal. That's the only reason I haven't picked up one of these CarryLok holsters for it yet...

That looks great! I have really been putting off a different OWB holster as I like the idea of retention. With my IWB the belt being tightened acts as a passive retention, but this looks like it would be great for me! Thanks LES, I'll have to look into one of these.

Anyone else upgrade to night sights from stock on a Glock? If so, did you notice a differance in accuracy?

I ask because before trading in the wifes G26 for her Taurus I decided to swap the night sights to my G19 since it wasn't going to affect the trade-in value enough to justify buying new ones. I placed the rear sight exactly, I think, were the stock one was as far as alighnment and I'm no longer shooting to the right. Weird. I was getting frustrated thinking I wasn't doing something right with the old sights, but maybe they were off just a tad or I couldn't focus on them correctly. Now I'm shooting tighter groups from one visit to the next with just a sight change.

Mine came with the Trijicon night sights. I never shot well with stock Glock sights so I opted to upgrade from the start.

The Tijicon sights are awesome.

I have always shot the 3 dot night sights better than the factory plastic sights. I think the metal sights are just more precise than the molded plastic ones. Just my 2cw.

Fun With Grip Tape

I was looking at getting the grip molded but I decided the angle and size is pretty comfortable for my giant hands. So I went after it with some marine grip tape I had laying around just for funsies:

20121126_083654.jpg

20121126_083717.jpg

20121126_083740.jpg

Re: Fun With Grip Tape

Looks like factory sticker kits I see, good work…don’t know if I have ever seen it on the slide before, but then again I am getting my first Glock this week and have only been looking at them in detail for about a month……so are they that slick that the tape really helps or is something you did because you’re bored…..little of both ?

oli700 said:
Looks like factory sticker kits I see, good work…don’t know if I have ever seen it on the slide before, but then again I am getting my first Glock this week and have only been looking at them in detail for about a month……so are they that slick that the tape really helps or is something you did because you’re bored…..little of both ?

This is the first Glock I've ever owned, I actually got it just last week. A little of both I suppose,not grippy enough for my preference and the $10 roll of grip tape from Ace Hardware in my garage was more attractive price-wise than sending it off to get molded.

Its not really slick but I've been shooting mostly an FNX40 the last couple months and the texturing on the slide and grip is much much more aggressive which I have grown to really like.

My latest acquisitition range report

I haven't seen many user comments about EFK Fire Dragon Dual action recoil springs so I thought I would share my experience today.

These are just a couple of side by side comparison pictures between a factory and the EFK:

20121126_132657.jpg

20121126_132711.jpg

20121126_132628.jpg

I purchased a Glock 35 last week and had not had the chance to shoot it until today. I started off with the factory spring first, firing 15 rounds from the bench at a rate of 1 shot every 2-3 secs. Then I switched out the recoil spring for the EFK and did the same thing. I found that it did in fact make a noticeable improvement in felt recoil. I repeated the process one more time to make sure I wasn't simply fooling myself into justifying the $60 I spent on it.

All in all I'm very happy with the result of the EFK spring and the Glock's performance(I've never been much of a Glock fan in the past :roll: ) I found I could confidently shoot 50 yards with less effort than usual it seemed, same could be said for 15 and 25 yd groups in general. I experienced 1 malfunction that occurred in the first 30 rounds but I chock that up to the new spring(Has a break in period like anything else). Next 170 rounds went without a hitch. I was shooting Winchester whitebox 165 grain.

Nicely done, I'm actually considering trading my Kahr for one of those in the near future.

Re: My latest acquisitition range report

Thanks for the report. I was actually thinking about one of these for my own G21.

Re: My latest acquisitition range report

You're welcome.

I should have put it in up there but if I was to put a number to it I'd say about 20-30% less.

Quick question for you Glock owners.......I've looked around online and haven't been able to find a real clear answer on this. I'm looking at picking up one of the ATI HALO heatshields for my 500 and was kicking around the idea of milling off the front post and replacing it with some type of tritium sight. I see Meprolight actually makes a set for the Glock with a tritium front post and a two-dot tritium rear aperture......Question is, how do the front sights actually attach to the Glocks? The pictures I've seen look like the screw in from the bottom, which would be perfect for my plans....

glad to see there is a Glock section here :mrgreen: i'm pretty new to the forum and joined to learn more about my 500A Rolling Thunder but now i have one more reason to visit. i am crazy about my Glock 23OD and shoot whenever i can. i carry loaded with Hornady critical defense and throw Winchester white box down range. of coarse when practice is finished i like to toss a few of my carry rounds down range just for good measure. they're not cheap! anyhow i'll leave you all with some pics and keep my eye on this thread :cool:

66698F41-CF47-47BA-985E-62772965F843-8028-00000D1393F9C51E.jpg

47C24E81-B548-4E23-9E17-F8FD7E1A8264-8028-00000D138B2DF4AC.jpg

21D2B5D3-1535-44A9-8499-06BE7C63A3DE-8028-00000D13749F603E.jpg

77C86B18-119E-4320-9D8C-3C46C80AB82D-8042-00000D166A03EA3A.jpg

I went to the LGS to look at the 2 Keltecs I posted about over on the Keltec thread. Gotta say I was not overly impressed, not bad, just not what I wanted.
Anywho, they did have this as new, unfired Gen 2 G23 with 5 - 13 rd. mags and all the original tupperware items for $459. Guess I should'a stayed home. :D Scratch another one off the list.
DSC01126.jpg

Back