• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

tcecil88 said:
I went to the LGS to look at the 2 Keltecs I posted about over on the Keltec thread. Gotta say I was not overly impressed, not bad, just not what I wanted.
Anywho, they did have this as new, unfired Gen 2 G23 with 5 - 13 rd. mags and all the original tupperware items for $459. Guess I should'a stayed home. :D Scratch another one off the list.

thx tcecil88!!

nothing against kel tec because every gun has it's place but you brought the right one home! you're gonna love it. (nevermind, i just noticed you've had plenty of Glocks :cool: ) i can't believe there are still unfired gen 2's around

Thanks, Express. The LGS said this came from a collection, which would explain the as new condition.
They also have a Gen 3 G19C for the same price, but I am not a fan of the C model nor the Gen 3 finger grooves.
This makes my third Gen 2 G23 and my 11th different Glock I have had over the years. Next to the Gen 2 G21, the G23 is my favorite.

tcecil88 said:
The front sight does screw in from the bottom. Welcome to Mossberg Owners, BTW. Glad to have you.

Thanks......that should make the Glock set a perfect fit for what I'm doing. Well, a perfect fit with some machining, filing and sanding.

I'm one of those who truly despises Glocks, lol. They're top notch guns, don't get me wrong......I've just never picked one up that felt right in my hands, although I haven't handled one of the new ones with the changeable backstraps.

Glock is one of those pistols you either love or hate. I have always liked them.
Be advised, the Glock front sight has an oblong shape where it goes through the frame. It might give you some fits fitting it into your heatshield.

I admire Glocks for their engineering and their durability, just don't feel right so I've never put a lot of trigger time into one. Thanks for the heads-up on the oblong base......thankfully I'm an Industrial Maintenance Tech with access to a full machine shop so it should be a pretty straightforward project once I get the pieces in hand.

Congrats on the new one tcecil88!

Good lookin 23's gentlemen! I've got an OD 23 in the safe as well...

Hey Tim4k5, sounds like you have the project all worked out.

When it's done throw a picture in our forum we'd like to see how it turns out.

Good luck and have a good one, Matt - ATI

ATIgunstocksUSA said:
Hey Tim4k5, sounds like you have the project all worked out.

When it's done throw a picture in our forum we'd like to see how it turns out.

Good luck and have a good one, Matt - ATI

Don't want to steal the thread. just want to say I appreciate when Vendors jump in on the conversation. It shows they care about their customers and enjoy being part of the community!

As for the thread topic, OD Green and Black guns are Beautiful!

I have put about 75 rounds though it now and I really like it so far. I just need practice coming off of shooting the CZ A LOT.
Do not believe what you hear about the 10mm being this heavy recoiling beast. Well maybe it is the Glock platform with its flexi frame and seriously overbuilt heavy slide but the recoil on the 29 is sweet.I haven’t shot any factory rounds but I am shooting the heaviest published reloads for my components. The sight plane seems long for a short slide, I like that. The factory night sights are great, Meprolight made and very bright .
I have CC’d it twice , IWB , 3 or so miles around the neighborhood on night walks with my pooch and it feels good, thick but good , again coming off the CZ this feels real thick but again I like it for this, mainly for the stubby grip.
Another cool thing is that it takes the G20 15 round mags . I will use these for open carry on the trail, cross country, personal protection while hunting sidearm.
Anyway I am liking it a lot and if anyone else has a 10mm we have a reloading thread going for it in the ammo section

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1083-1.jpg

IMG_1073-1.jpg

Glock 29 Gen3 , 26 rounds of Hornady XTP 180 grain hollow point ,one 10 rd mag/w Pearce base plate, one 15 rd mag/w A&G grip extension
IMG_1098.jpg

Those Pearce PG-29 baseplates make a HUGE difference in the gun, don't they?

How is the holster working out?

You and me are like two peas in a pod. CZs and 29s are stone cold kewl.

nitesite said:
Those Pearce PG-29 baseplates make a HUGE difference in the gun, don't they?

How is the holster working out?

well I installed the base plate last night so I haven’t tried them yet, Right now I am using a size 15 Uncle Mikes $11 open top IWB holster. Just going to keep it in that for general trigger cover and gun protection. Haven’t got the Safariland yet, Dec 5th says tracking.

nitesite said:
You and me are like two peas in a pod. CZs and 29s are stone cold kewl.

Yeah we are,…. they are completely different to shoot though aren’t they ?
The CZ is like cheating and would be the pistol I would go to war with because it will put out eye’s , the Glock 29 is a better jack of all trades IMO
A little nicer to pack IWB too lol
CZ 75 SP-01 20 rounds of Federal 124 grain HST +p, one factory 19 rd CZ mag
IMG_1099.jpg

tcecil88 said:
I went to the LGS to look at the 2 Keltecs I posted about over on the Keltec thread. Gotta say I was not overly impressed, not bad, just not what I wanted.
Anywho, they did have this as new, unfired Gen 2 G23 with 5 - 13 rd. mags and all the original tupperware items for $459. Guess I should'a stayed home. :D Scratch another one off the list.

That Glock IS a far cry from the Kel Tecs...but looks like you found a winner. Congrats...

What are you going to carry it in...?!

My rig is a High Noon Split Decision... pictured with my G30SF.

HIGHNOONGLOCK-1.jpg

Thanks, Shooter,
I found a used kydex belt slide for it at anther LGS. I think it is an Uncle Mikes. It seems very secure and adjustable for cant. I will probably invest in a hybrid type IWB holster for it a little later after Xmas. I ordered all my goodies for it today. I will post pics after I get it built how I want.
That is a sweet looking holster/pistole combo, Shooter!

Fun With Grip Tape Part 2

This is sort of a funny story/PSA. A buddy of mine ordered a Glock decal grip set from one of the myriad of companies that sell Glock accessories.

Below is the grip set. Pretty nice texture, they are made to be resistant to oils etc...Run about $12
20121205_224735.jpg

20121205_224747.jpg

This is some stuff I bought to make the steps to my deck/front door less slippery in the rain. Pretty tough stuff handles everyday use and weather. Does everything its supposed to and stays sticked to where I stuck it. Run about $12 a roll

20121205_224807.jpg

20121205_224817.jpg

You may notice some slight similarities.

Just thought I would share. I think its funnier than my buddy does.

Re: Fun With Grip Tape Part 2

I bet he is pretty upset with himself after spending 12 dollars on a simple home depot supply.

Hahahahaha, funny the similarities you can find in things if you look.

I learned a long time ago when I started working on Glocks that a roll of skateboard tape or walkway tape is worth alot of money when you are working on other people's guns. :D

Back