• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

Yep, just did that ;). The little blaster jumps around in my hand a lot too, causing me to shift my grip a lot. I am going to try one of the Pachmayer grip sleeves for the 26/27. That may help my group size a smidge being able to maintain a consistent grip.

If I'm not mistaken low/left is usually due to squeezing the grip too tight, but it stands to reason with these little stubby pistols that the extra squeezing is necessary just to hang on to the damn things. That and the forward curvature at the base of the mag extensions likely worsens the muzzle drop when pressure is applied. Still better than trying to hang onto them with two fingers though...

I did try loosening my grip, group centered up some, but as you said, it became difficult to hold on too. I am going to try the Vickers plates and a rubber grip sleeve. Hopefully, that combo will give me what I need.

Took the new G19 and my G30 to the range today. Put 100 rounds in the new G19, flawless as expected. 50 rounds in the G30.
Something about the G30, I shoot it way better then the G19. Don't know what it is, but I really love that G30, just feels right in the hand, shoots like a dream.
I Wanted the g19 specifically because of the ammo cost when going to the range, so far I am happy with it. $499.00 plus dros fee and tax.

In a few weeks will be heading to Las Vegas for a job, while I am there, I am going to stock up on some not so calofornia friendly magazines for the glocks and the AR.

Not a bad Saturday, breakfast t my favorite beachside cafe, a little range time and high plains drifter is just starting on cable.

Side note, it is friggin 95 degrees here today, I have the shop all closed up and my big portacool on full tilt as we speak.

I saw that the other day. I am glad he did it because I could not bring myself to intentionally try to destroy one of my Glocks.

For my fellow Glock owners and especially G42 owners, I installed a Ghost Edge connector and a new trigger by OC Custom Triggers.
Huge improvement. The trigger is preset at the factory with a set screw to remove the pre-travel. I don't have a trigger scale yet but the new trigger combined with the new connector is now more like a normal Glock trigger in pull weight but much smoother. As a result, my group size shrank by a good margin and is better centered as well.
Very happy with mods and highly recommended. They make complete trigger packages too. EBay has them for $55. Check them out.
http://www.occustomtriggers.com

Last edited:
The only problem is POA vs. POI. I consistently shoot low left. The group is fist sized, but low left. I tried the thumbs forward grip, but that made me inadvertently activate the slide release, causing at least 3 stoppages. I rotated the pistol around in my hand trying to change where my finger contacted the trigger. No change in POI. I assume at this point I need professional help to fix my shooting. I am happy with the group size, just not the location of the group.

Here's a good target to help determine if it's the gun...or the gun owner !! :cool:

I picked up a Gen 4 G34 for GSSF as an upgrade from my G17. Looking forward to getting it sighted in in the near future.
I shot 477/500 with both my G17 & G41 on Saturday at a local indoor GSSF match, so hopefully the new 34 will shoot better.
I know Nitesite really likes his 34, so hopefully the same will hold true for me.
It's weird, I keep track of my shoot results, and I am almost always around the 470-480 mark. Twice I have gotten into the 490's. I need to work on trigger control and slowing down my shooting. I feel like if I do that, I will get into the 490's regularly.

Thank you, Sir.
I need to get a Glock family photo of sorts to post up. Since I moved into a stupid sub-division, it's hard to take my guns out and use the natural light to get good pics.

Olympic Arms is now selling barrels to convert your Glock 22 to shoot 9mm. The barrels are made of 416 stainless steel and use broach rifling with traditional lands and grooves.

Olympic Arms specifically states on the company website that the barrels are “excellent for shooting lead bullets.”

These 4.5″ barrels sell for $109.

Olympic Arms is also selling replacement barrels for the Glock 19. These barrels are made with the same material and in the same style as the Glock 22 conversion barrel above. The price on these is also $109. According to a Facebook post made by Olympic Arms on 13 August 2015, these are the first of many new pistol barrels the company will be offering. Barrels for SIG SAUER, Browning and H&K pistols are just a few that will be introduced in the near future.

That is a really good price for those barrels. If I owned a Glock, I wouldn't have any hesitation about buying one.

Many years ago, they made match barrels for the Glock.

Looks like they have a bunch of barrels for the 1911, sig, glock and hi powers.

https://www.olyarms.com/shop/

Back