• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Going to the range tomorrow

How right you are. Although it may seem like it, I'm not a Colt fanboy.

When I went to buy my first ever AR-15, I discovered the AR6520 was only about $50 more than the M&P-15 I had decided on. Since it was about as close as I was liable to get to the M-16s I fired in the military, I bought it instead. I specifically was drawn to the Colt because those M-16s all had the prancing pony.

This time I was looking for a good AR-10 when I stumbled on the LE901. It had nearly all the features I wanted and could take any mil-spec AR-15 upper as well. I would have bought it if it were made by any reputable company.

As for riding on reputation... I bought a Troy-Bilt string trimmer last summer. I think it lasted through 3 uses. I now have a Stihl.

My 10 man thinning crew went through 6 ms362's in two winters.....the crew used to always run the fire fighting saws in the winter for thinning units ....the firefighting saws are Huskies.
But they are kids and remember their logging elders all running Stihl so they asked and whined at me enough times and we got a fed grant so I ok'd the Stihls because they are a good crew, hard ass crew.
In the 4 years prior we had to only replace bars and a few usual parts that wear on all saws used by forest workers. The Huskies would do fire season then turn around and run 40 hours a week by 20 something's all competing to be Bull of the Woods

We had a bunch of stuff going on here, so I just today got around to taking the rifle to FedEx. Now we'll see how long the turnaround takes.

FedEx delivered it to Colt today. If I don't hear anything in a week, I'll give them a call.

I called Colt today. Even though they've had it since last Tuesday, it still hasn't been logged in. He said the folks that do that left early today.

Presumably it's still sitting in the box, somewhere.

I hate waiting, but I don't want them to get the idea I'm rushing. I want it fixed and fixed right.

I called Colt this morning. They confirmed that they have the gun and it is to be "repaired for function". I asked about turnaround time and was told it is usually about 30 days from the time it is checked out. I asked when mine was checked out an was told that was done on June 11th.

Yep, that I do.

Please understand, during this wait I don't expect a response when I post in here. I'm just using this thread to document what happens for future reference. There's a possibility someone else might find it useful in the future.

I called Colt yesterday. The guy verified its still in the shop, but had no other information. He did say rifles generally take longer than pistols.

Waiting stinks. :(

all it needs is a barrel and bolt....I'd opt for self repair next go if I had a Colt, meaning they send the parts type of self repair

Bad sign , a lot of folks in front of you

They said it's being worked on.

robot_hand-1.gif

I called again a few minutes ago. It's late on Friday and most people are gone. He is supposed to call Monday morning and get a specific update on my rifle and then let me know what's up.

robot_hand-1.gif

Back