• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. Sunny and 49, which is a lot better than the fog that had been forecast.

Cadd, happy belated birthday wishes to you. I hope it was a good one.

The Wannemacher gun show is in town this weekend. It's billed as the worlds largest. I have no idea if it really is, but it's quite the show. Guns, knives, and survival gear. Anyways, I imagine I'll get there at least one day over the weekend.

I hope you all have a great day. Be safe and stay vigilant.

Good morning all, woke to a nice 60 today down home ive missed it. Thought I would be cutting grass, but my neighbors son had done already, big blessing, he will be hansomly rewarded. @meanstreak, La for us is lower Alabama:lol:. Y'all have a great day.

Sounds like the neighbors son is a good kid.

I mowed my yard yesterday. Temps got up to an unseasonally 72* yesterday. Woke up this morning and it's 52 again.

Took me almost an hour to just get the mower started though.

Battery was dead and needed charged up from sitting all winter in the cold.

All 4 tires were flat an on the rim.

And I had to take the fuel line apart and prime the carburetor with syringe full of gas to get it to start.

Oh the joys of grass.

I wish I had a yard full of concrete instead.

I am one of the lucky ones.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I have to stop and think about that fact every now and then. The guy mowing my lawn is a grizzled gray-haired reprobate, who probably had a lot of crappy breaks in his life.

There, but for the grace of God, go I.

I've never been in combat but I have been a hair's breadth from destruction many times. In fact I have been unbelievably lucky as things go.

It's nice to be here.

Happy birthday , Cadd sounds like ya had good one.
@meanstreak that wanna gun show looks amazing my friend out in Ok says I should make the effort sometime.
As for us I woke at 430 Bama time to an amazing 68degrees , what a difference a few hours SW makes. I'm spend most of day out at mother Rucker visiting and do some shopping. The wife wants to go to movies with granddaughter to see Dumbo there is a chance of storms but zero chance il be in theatre for Dumbo movie. Y'all, enjoy your day and keep,above the dirt

Good morning you rascals. Mostly sunny and 58 this morning.

I did get to the show yesterday for about 4 hours. Picked up a Pocket knife, I'll try to get a picture later. Back to the show again today. I always wear my mossberg owner.com cap, just in case someone from the forum might be there.

John, that mower should be good all summer. One of the joys of spring.

DJ, ya got a good neighbor right there. Hard to find kids like that in the big cities.

Scoop, did get a ride in this week ?

Cadd, the best part of getting older is the fact we were fortunate enough.

Have a great day all. Be safe.

Good afternoon Mossberg owners.
I had a very uneventful birthday of fish tank cleaning and shopping and have been basically taking it easy.

Well unless you considered that I cleaned 9 aquariums in the past 2 days, hobbling around on my sore knee.

But I am happy to report that the knee is better and better, and I did not have the urge to put on a knee brace today when I took the wife out to the movies.

We saw a movie called Cold Pursuit and I would recommend it. Take a sweater if you go to the theater. You will feel twice as cold watching this.

I am also happy to report that Buttercup and little Leeloo have produced at least five healthy baby fry and they are happily swimming underneath the Sponge Filter, hiding from everybody.

20190406_091951.jpg

So by the way thank you all for the birthday wishes and I must report that we have six swimming fry!
20190406_165142.jpg
WooHoo!

I have no idea whether these fish will be male female beautiful or ugly. This is a hybrid of two species that don't normally breed.
I put them in such a high-stress situation that they shouldn't have bread at all but I guess these fish were particularly motivated and that is a good omen for the health of their offspring

Good morning you rascals. Mostly sunny and 58 this morning.

I did get to the show yesterday for about 4 hours. Picked up a Pocket knife, I'll try to get a picture later. Back to the show again today. I always wear my mossberg owner.com cap, just in case someone from the forum might be there.

John, that mower should be good all summer. One of the joys of spring.

DJ, ya got a good neighbor right there. Hard to find kids like that in the big cities.

Scoop, did get a ride in this week ?

Cadd, the best part of getting older is the fact we were fortunate enough.

Have a great day all. Be safe.

Here it is, Case XX 6265 ,circa 1965-1969. When I get it cleaned up and polished it should be a right nice knife. I gave $35, I think I did ok.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20190406_081845488.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20190406_081845488.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 3
  • thumbnail_IMG_20190406_081908711.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20190406_081908711.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 3
Good morning everyone. Cloudy and 61 this morning. The storms missed us last night. Later today we should make it into the mid 70s. Me thinks spring has sprung.

Scoop, glad you were able to take the bike out for a while. It's a good feeling.

Yesterday I went to the gun show again. Bought a couple of speed loaders for a couple of revolvers. The place was busier than I can recall it ever being. Lots of people buying. I'm going back today.

I hope you all have a great day.
Be safe and stay vigilant.

Good morning all. 61 and sunny this morning. Looks like decent weather for the next 4 days or so, then a chill moves in. Typical for this time of year. Nice weather during the week then not so nice weekend.

I went to the gun show yesterday but kept my money in my wallet. Over three days I got the one knife and two speed loaders for the revolvers. I was going to buy a rifle , a blot action Winchester, but by the time I got to the ATM and returned it had been sold. Save me some money, LOL.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning folks.

@meanstreak . . . you sure get the gun shows.

There are 20 more to come in Cal this year, but only one is within an hour's drive.
Actually 2, but one of them finished yesterday.

The rest are on the coast or SoCal, so 2.5 to 3.5 hours away under favorable conditions.

I shop online from my desk ;)

Good morning all. 55 and sunny. Nice week so far,but changes are a coming our way. Tomorrow the wind is supposed to be howling, 3- to 40 mph as a cold front makes it's way through. Then we have about 4 days of highs in the 50s. Welcome to spring..

@Cadd, yes we do. I think we must have at least one a month. Most are relatively small, but usally pretty good. Then we have the Wannemacher in November and April. Huge shows, biggest in the country.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning all, overcast but nice day back in N. GA. 2 days home here, do chores and pack up, headed Oconee Forest area for 5 days camping alone, well not including to hundreds of members of Ga Bushcraft coming for the "gathering" should be a hoot. Testing the new little titanium stick,burner this morning for,coffee. Its simply excellent packable lite efficient.
Enjoy your day. Reports from woods tommorow if I have service avail. 15548204568836839335973346977495.jpg

Good morning everyone. Taking back roads across N Ga to Oconee Nat Forest for,the weekend. Its a glorious day I never get tired tired of the beauty in this country, we are blessed. God bless the USA ! get out and enjoy if,ya can.
0410190840a_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning friends and neighbors! I got for a few minutes yesterday and hit a friend`s pond, did a little fishing and even less catching but it was a beauty of a day! High winds today and yard work....

103_0080 (2).JPG

Back