• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning folks. It's another sunny day here and I'm going to continue my massive boat yard clean-up project.*

My main objective is to be able to park my truck behind the fence instead of in my driveway. I still have lots of scrap iron taking up space and I need to haul it all off to the junkyard.

But I still haven't fixed the wires on my trailer since the dogs last chewed them apart and I will have to do that today. Also I'll be putting new tarps on the dog kennel.

* the "Boatyard" itself is not massive but quite tiny. Only the mess to be cleaned up was massive.

Good morning all ! Its 0345 start of a long 4 days. 30 Wounded Warriors arrived last night on post for the annual hog hunt. We will be busy taking them out to hunt hopefully put them in a position to shoot a hog enjoy some hunting and make some good memories. Yall be safe and have a great day. Count yout blessings.

Good morning Mossberg forum, and Scoop, Cadd, Dj, Mike, Shooter, Elbert, and Terry. Rain this morning when I awoke. We got about 2/10ths of an inch yesterday, looks like at least that much during the night. We can certainly use it.

Dj, I hope the hunt goes well, I am sure that warriors will enjoy the day. Cadd, every time I think of scrap iron these days I think of "Forged in Fire", it has become one of my favorite tv shows.

I hope everyone has a great day. Be safe and stay vigilant.

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

...and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

Good morning Mossberg forum. The rain has stopped and the coffee is hot and strong. Perfect morning.

Good morning Meanstreak and good morning to all!

We got just under 3" out here, looks like I`ll be mowing all Winter! :)
My new favorite bean juice is Laughing Man Colombia Huila.....

I hope y`all have a great day!

...and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

Good morning Shooter, and good morning all you Mossberg shooters.

I took my missus and a buddy out yesterday, and went shooting at the Rifle Club. Once again we had some Gusty winds but I did get in a few minutes of good shooting. Also I got the Khar .380 pistol broken in some, and it shoots pretty well now.

This was my best shooting of the whole day at 231 yards according to my range finder.

This would be more impressive, but it should have been a 15 shot group.
20171004_154122_resized(1).jpg

(The photo is rotated and Leeward would be down in the picture.)

Four shots missed the paper entirely to the leeward, and one was pulled because the rangemaster called cold.

The mighty Savage .223 varminter:
20170128_113922.jpg

I'm shooting the same combination of Hornady match-grade 75 grain .223 boat tail bullets over 25 grains of Varget Powder in matched cases.

However, The four shots which missed the target were in different cases, and they proved to be a little bit weaker shots. Since I saved 15th cartridge I will check that with a chronometer next time I go out.

Last edited:
Morning All!! TGIF, this week seems like its been dragging on for months. Hoping to hit the woods for some turkey/deer hunting tomorrow.

Good morning MO forum. We are spending the weekend at the lake. I hope to take the bike out and maybe do a little shooting as well.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning folks.

Is it Friday? It doesn't make as much difference once you retire.

Except that I tend to go fishing on Fridays for some reason. Consequently everytime I go fishing it feels like a Friday.

I always have to know when Thursday is, because I can't go shooting on Thursday as the rifle club is closed.

It used to be that I kept track of the days of the week easily based on what program I watched on TV after dinner. Since the invention of the TiVo I don't watch programs in any particular order with regard to days.

Sometimes it lapses over into years as with The Walking Dead. If I skip ahead 2 years on the schedule I find basically some different characters but the big picture has not improved.

No, I was never a big fan, but It's such a dim outlook on the humanity of us all, as well as our technical & mental abilities, that I quit watching the show completely.

Now that I am retired I watch less television than I ever watched in my entire life. The key here is that now I have time to do all of those projects that take too long when you have to work 5 days a week. Consequently I am working 6 days a week, and except for the sore bits of me it doesn't feel like going to work at all.
(Okay I'm not working all that hard all the time. . . )
I wish you all the same kind of luxury.

Good Afternoon Mossberg Forum !!

Busy morning...!!

Good morning all ! Its the final morning of wounded warrior hunt thank the good Lord. Its been fun but tiring. Met some good men and theyve had some success im not sure of total yet but i believe about 30 hogs taken so far. Finish up this last morning sitting in my truck i dropped off my last guy at a stand and decided im gonna sit in truck and drink coffee no hunt left in me. Yall have awesome weekend. Heres a couple pic in meat cooler. 20171006_180324.jpg 20171006_180336.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmm
BACON !!

Morning all. I made it out to the woods yesterday and saw a few turkeys and a couple deer. Had my first complete miss on a deer. Searched for blood all over and found none, finally found the arrow and it was clean. Hunting an open field, all I can figure is I misjudged the yardage (forgot my range finder). Better a clean miss then a wounded deer.

Good morning all mossyburgers. We have some nasty weather today. Hope you all have nice Sunday.
@MikeD glad you got some woods time. Il be agreed with you il take a clean miss anyday now i have met a few who say theyve never missed. Id say those prolly aint shot that many times either ;)

Back