• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Morning Mossberg Forum !!

...and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

Good morning fellow enthusiasts.

I put off a whole lot of cleaning, remodeling and repairs, until "after I retired". I've been doing an awful lot of that in the past few months.

Instead of going shooting today, I will be working to sort out my work area.

(I thought retired people weren't supposed to need a work area but then if you don't do some kind of work you're going to petrify quickly. I already creak like Miss Marple.)

I need to buy another workbench. Something steel that weighs 900 lb and I can hammer on with gusto. I located one but it weighs 1800 pounds and I will have to cut it in half.

I bought my wife a new aquarium for our anniversary and I spent most of yesterday shopping for decorations with her and setting it all up. This will be my 7th aquarium so I think I finally almost know what I'm doing and I won't kill half as many fish this time.

Good morning fellow enthusiasts.

I put off a whole lot of cleaning, remodeling and repairs, until "after I retired". I've been doing an awful lot of that in the past few months.

Instead of going shooting today, I will be working to sort out my work area.

(I thought retired people weren't supposed to need a work area but then if you don't do some kind of work you're going to petrify quickly. I already creak like Miss Marple.)

I need to buy another workbench. Something steel that weighs 900 lb and I can hammer on with gusto. I located one but it weighs 1800 pounds and I will have to cut it in half.

I bought my wife a new aquarium for our anniversary and I spent most of yesterday shopping for decorations with her and setting it all up. This will be my 7th aquarium so I think I finally almost know what I'm doing and I won't kill half as many fish this time.

What kind of fish are you getting? I have two mollies in a 10gal tank. I have a 40gal breeder tank I'm looking to get filled. It's for my grandson, but he cant make up his mind on what he wants in it....snakes, turtles, catfish, lizards....

I'm not sure what we'll put in the new tank.

The new one is a 16 gallon tall bow front and the old one is a plain 30 gallon tall.

I've had really good luck with silver dollars. They ate everything else but then five of 6 of them survived for 13~14 years. They grew from the size of a nickel to the size of my hand.

There is now only one left but he is big and healthy and 15 years old. I stuck a pair of Calico angelfish in there with him and two plecos.

This photo shows the 30 gallon tank. There are three little angelfish and one silver dollar which is about 5 inches long, and a plecostomus who is about 6 inches long.
20170924_215424_resized.jpg

This is our old plecostomus Morton and he lived for about 10 years. He was about 10" long in this picture.
20160202_070244.jpg

Good morning Mossberg forum. Clear skies again and about 15 degrees warmer than yesterday. It looks like the next two days are going to be exceptional, then rain Saturday night.

Hope you all have a great weekend .

...and my buddies Elbert, Scoop, Djcala, meanstreak, CaddmannQ, Terry, and MikeD !!

Good morning proud Americans! It's a lovely day here in Clovis but there is a haze of smoke I overhead.

California is having more wild fires and brush fires and we've had a lot of smoke the past few days.

I don't know yet if there was any arson involved in these fires but this is something that I have been concerned about for a long time.

31 people were killed and scores of homes were lost in this last Wine Country fire.

I don't personally live in an area where there is a great Danger from this, but I'm very happy that I picked a house 1/2 mile to the local fire department.

You all be safe out there.

Good morning everyone its finally opening day of archery down here. Woke early however wind has complete flip flopped from norm. Im considering not going out this morning the stand i have set for now is dead wrong wind. Discretion may have to prevail today i really dont want to mess up this spot its a long season. On a good note i received a message from my sister who lives up in Kotzebue Ak. She sent me this picture of present she sending me. Im excited to get it ive wanted one a good while. Yall all have an awesome weekend. IMG_14771.jpg

Good morning everyone its finally opening day of archery down here. Woke early however wind has complete flip flopped from norm. Im considering not going out this morning the stand i have set for now is dead wrong wind. Discretion may have to prevail today i really dont want to mess up this spot its a long season. On a good note i received a message from my sister who lives up in Kotzebue Ak. She sent me this picture of present she sending me. Im excited to get it ive wanted one a good while. Yall all have an awesome weekend. View attachment 16800

Happy hunting and that`s a nice ulu, congrats!

5.png

Good morning to Meanie and Elbert and Shooty and CQ and DJ and Rip and all the other morning visitors.

Dj, that ulu looks nice. I'd love to have one. Looks just right for heating one slice of pizza at a time.

Good afternoon folks and I'm freaking... I've got the song going around in my head about... Little Lulu I love youlu just the same...

That Ulu certainly doesn't come from the land of Uluwatu. Which is about 90 degrees from the Artic Circle.

In Bali.

In the technical world I am known as CaddmannQ or Cadd, but in the skateboard world I am known as Uluwatu or just Ulu. Named after a skateboard which is named after that beach in Bali which is a surfers paradise.

I got my first skateboard in the desert in Arizona but I really learned to skate in Duluth Minnesota. It's sorta like San Francisco: a huge hill that goes right down to the water.

The irony of the whole business is this: The only place I have ever surfed is the beach at the point in Lake Superior between Duluth and Superior Wisconsin.

Yes Lake Superior does throw up a good Surf, and in the winter time she throws up blocks of ice 10 feet straight up, and throws big Iron Ore Freighters up on their sides.

Good morning to Meanie and Elbert and Shooty and CQ and DJ and Rip and all the other morning visitors.

This is the first time I've ever seen ME as the designated survivor.

Members Online Now -1:48 AM
Scoop
Total: 65 (members: 1, guests: 52, robots: 12)

Wake up everybody! It's morning!

My online status must be hidden because I was here watching the Vegas videos.

It's not quite midnight yet here for another hour.

Back