• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Rip, I like it. That matches the curl in Michele. I suggest you change your signature.

Mornin fellas. It's a cool crisp wet start to the day. Normally I'm sound asleep now. But theres a bird outside my window all chirp happy.

Sposta be a rainy day ....stay dry.

Well Rip, a hot welding rod would fix it right now you know, but it'll leave a mark... That's my only existing tattoo. Self inflicted. :rolleyes:

Good morning you guys! No contractors at our house today and that means a day off to go to the movies and buy groceries and generally get the hell out of Dodge for a few hours.

Friday, I want to go out to the Rifle Club, pay my $200, and shoot my new Marlin. Hopefully it won't tattoo me.

I have owned 7 motorcycles but I've never owned one tattoo. It's a family thing. My dad and my uncles traveled all over the world in the military and they never got tattoos either.

They all went to Catholic school (as did Grandpa and Grandma) and I suspect that it was highly discouraged.

I don't remember anybody on Mom's side having tattoos either as they were all staunch Baptists. They would never have allowed my grandma or my mom to marry some carouser with a tattoo!

I think on one side it was prideful adornment, and on the other side it was sacrilegious desecration.

This is the religious Catch-22 under which I was born. :D

Now, I was born at the banks of the Ohio River, but I never got dunked in it or even stuck a toe in it that I can recall.

See, by that point in its confluence it had been joined by a large portion of meat packing and beer brewing enterprise, or the remains thereof--also whatever came off of the boats going back and forth daily, as this was not only the Ohio River but the southern end of the Erie Canal.

When I learned to swim it was in a trailer park swimming pool, out in the Arizona desert, where I could suck up the radiation and hear those screaming blowtorch jockeys coming off the Runway day and night.

Those planes never bothered me, and in fact they were a great joy and excitement in my life.

l'm not that far from the airport now, and I hear the National Guard from time to time. They get to fly straight up in order to avoid going over the town so they really lay into it when they hit the sky.

I still love it. I really do. Flying and watching planes fly--hearing them fly and just knowing that they fly.

But I am, to this day, very shy about radiation. It's cumulative you know & I'm pretty sure I've already had too much as a child.

You fellows all have a nice day and avoid unnecessary radiation when you can.

Last edited:
Good morning fellas. 71 and clear at 9 am in Tulsa. Looks like another 90s day.

I have had a passion for airplanes since I was a boy growing up in central Missouri. It has remained with me to this day, as has my passion for motorcycles, guns, and sharp pointy things.

You all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning MOers. Cloudy and 77 with some rain showers to the northwest. Unfortunately it looks as if they will either dissipate or miss us. We are down almost 7 inches of rain for the year according to the weatherman.

We are planning on going to the lake today, probably mid afternoon.

Have a great weekend.

Morning Mossbergians. For the next few days the wx is moderating. Low in the mid 60s and noon temps about 85. That lets me get the Kaw out for a morning ride without baking. 50 or 60 miles of curvies is enuff to relax me. Hope goes well for all of you.

Good morning MOers. Beauty of a day at the lake. I took a short ride this morning . The temp was about 70 and sunshine.

Not sure what the rest of the day has in store for me.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Mossberg World!

snoopy-life.jpg

Good afternoon Mossberg Owners. A cool, cloudy, sometimes rainy day at the lake. The temp is about 80 with scattered, widely, rain showers. It's a nice day to relax on the dock with friends.

I was hoping to go for a ride today but didn't feel like riding in rain. There is always tomorrow.

Not sure what we'll do tonight , I reckon just hang out.

Anyways, hope you all are enjoying the day.

Hey guys.
108 here and we are in day 23 of a record heatwave.

23 consecutive days over 100F.

Previous record was 21 days.

This is expected to continue a week.

Stay cool if you can folks.

Cadd, that is Arizona weather. The first summer (2010) I lived in Oklahoma we had 46 days in triple digits. They weren't consecutive though. Perhaps you'll get a break soon.

Oh, good morning Mossbergers. I was awakened by thunder storms this morning. The thunder and lightning have moved east and now we have much needed steady rain. The radar shows the rain extending back to the west at least 60 miles. It should be clearing out by noon or shortly after.

Have a great day .

Well no rain here buddy. Yosemite closed due to the fire danger. Dozens injured and dead up north by Redding. That fire is not much controlled, having burned 60k acres and still growing.

The heat alone is killing the unprepared.

My front lawn has about perished from the heat and the contractors walking over it for 2 mos.

We have some counters and sinks now, but the tile needs grout & there are no faucets yet.

I think most of the work looks sloppy. There's so much construction here anybody who owns a hammer can find work.

Finding a craftsman is a lost cause.

Finding a rat is easy. Check my attic.

I climbed up in the attic today to replace speaker wires the AC guys kicked loose. The new ductwork looks pretty good, but a few places they blew the alignments. I straightened that out, but I saw one duct that snaked around until it was 10' longer than necessary. It'll get shortened for the sake of airflow.

Another hot one today...105 in the shade by 4PM. It's not that exceptional. We live in the desert.

It's about 400 miles closer to Ollie than to me. Quite near his stomping grounds from what I know (which isn't much.) He has probably been serving on that Ferguson Fire for weeks.

Guys from Fresno and Clovis have been up there 2 weeks now. Guys from all over the state have been called up. It's a huge deal.

Good morning from Tulsa. Nice morning with temps in the high 60s and more rain. It has stopped for now and from the looks of the radar we probably won't get much more.

What a shame to watch the devastation from the fires on the news. It would be utterly terrifying to be in the way of the fire.

Mornin fellow mossybergers....

I know a guy who is close to the fires. he works in the forest clearing, after the fires. I get my manzanita wood from him. anyhow, he's all packed up and ready to scoot in case it happens to get to close for comfort. That must suck.
makes you re-evaluate your lifelong possessions.

I'm working in the shop today to make a tree looking stand/display for a baby shower picture display.

stay safe!

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I want to go out and shoot my Marlin today but I've got guys coming to grout the tile this morning. Also I was up way too late last night studying about this gun and I'm kind of exhausted this morning.

I may have confused some people about the Redding fire and the Ferguson Fire which are two different fires.

I believe Ollie is close to the Redding fire but much farther from the Ferguson Fire, which started first.

Back