• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got Wood?

3AM, and I need to stop carving and hit the sack.

One side is shaped, and one remains.
20160508_025159.jpg
I did this with a small folding saw that uses a Sawzall blade, an X-acto knife, and a bit of sanding screen. The Dremel is just too dangerous for this work.

Besides, theres something Zen-like about slow careful hand shaping that absorbs you, and lets you forget about the rest of the planet for an hour or two.

It's kind of funny but my eyesight has never been worse in my entire life, but I've never done this work better. It's because my close sight has gotten better, and I have grown a lot of patience in my old age.

Lookin good Cad...
I love the sanding screen. I just recently started using it. It is so much better for rough removal. The plumbers 180 mesh is soooo underrated.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to more pix.

Leo looks like he's got a lot of character. I bet he was a handful in his adolescence! Oh, nice wood too.

That dog is so smart it is crazy, he had a lot of energy as a youngster, but always listened and learned quickly. He is one of those dogs that sticks to its owner like glue, can get a bit annoying when you can't even go take a piss without him following you to the bathroom. He is 12 so he has slowed down, but all in all, he is a incredible animal.

That dog is so smart it is crazy, he had a lot of energy as a youngster, but always listened and learned quickly. He is one of those dogs that sticks to its owner like glue, can get a bit annoying when you can't even go take a piss without him following you to the bathroom. He is 12 so he has slowed down, but all in all, he is a incredible animal.
Haha, I know it! My dog thinks that the toilet flushing is indicative of time for a walk or food. Many times I come out of the commode, and she's just staring at me, and I'm all flustered like "I just took a quick pee, chill out." Don't judge me!

Haha, I know it! My dog thinks that the toilet flushing is indicative of time for a walk or food. Many times I come out of the commode, and she's just staring at me, and I'm all flustered like "I just took a quick pee, chill out." Don't judge me!

Leo will bust down a block wall if he hears me pick up my keys, my full time navigator.

@ripjack13 if we were closer I would love to pay you for one of these......kinda random probably sorry I never read this thread and its huge but I saw this today and thought of you instantly. This is one of my favorite weapon replicas of all time

a gun stock club.....Eastern Seaboard Native thing.....scavenged musket stocks were made into these and they were brutal, I believe they started just crafting them out of wood when they realized they created a killer weapon by doing it

american-indian-gunstock-club.jpg

I was watching that movie last night!!
I just looked. Hell yea. I'll make one.....

I need to research that blade....see how it's attached.

yeah, I think its somehow pinned , dowel or something

google some pics , there are some awesome examples out there

Nice. There's a guy on my wood forum that makes those out of ebony....awesome stuff.
I have that on my list of stuff to make.

Back