• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

Real nice man!!! Are those all Winchesters in there?

If not Winchester, it could just be the lighting, my guess would be Federal Premium PowerShok and Federal Top Gun. Ooooh, I'm really leanin towards the Federal Now as the Winchester Super X will often look almost orange.

Final Answer:
Federal.

Its federal slugs brass up and the rest/mag are federal #6...need to pick up some 00 but right now 6 is my biggest load so it gets hd detail

I understand that man! If it was all I had, it would be next to the bed ready to go!

Im def gettin some flitecontrol soon...but moneys tight sometimes...not like i dont have a .40 full of hollow point right behind me to clean up any leftovers

I'll tell ya, at typical HD ranges, I'm talkin 7 yards or less... If you just want some 00 buck on hand, the Winchester Super X off the shelf at WalMart wont do you wrong. It get loose at ranges beyond 10 yards, but it will serve duty as an HD load nicely.

I've used it quite a bit for patterning and target shooting, even have video breaking clays with it at about 10 yards. I can link that video if you like.

Moral of the story, its in expensive and will get a heavier load in your hands in a pinch when something else is hard to come by. I cant afford to stay as well stocked on Fed FC either, so I use it sparingly.

Check out gun shows too for that FC...

ak8wuc.jpg

That's a WHOLE lotta sexy right there! Makes me wish we had a drool smiley...

Holy 590's!!! Awesome!!!

Why do I even click on these threads. Every time I do it cost me money. I was perfectly happy with my 930 and my 500c but now I want a 590!!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Do it, just get one! I have a 590A1, but still want another one! :D

Definitely get the 590A1, you won't regret it. Extremely well made with a 10 year warranty.

And, I also have a 930, and enjoy that one too......hehe. 2 year warranty on that one though.

I really wanna get the 5 shot 590A1 and then get a 24" VR 835 barrel with choke set!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I want the 5 shot 590a1 Mariner!

Those are sweet lookin guns arent they!

51273.jpg

drooling-smiley.gif

I love my 930 and I even liked my old 11-87 for the 3 shots I took before the trigger group failed (seriously, I sold it shortly thereafter).

The pump gun is a flawless workhorse that has never failed me.

MikeD said:
The pump gun is a flawless workhorse that has never failed me.

Absolutely, and its for that reason that I prefer it over anything else as an HD/SD/field gun!

Sux about the 11-87...

Here's my new, naked, all natural, Mossberg 590A1 LE model (51411) with 5 shot mag, parkerized. This is about as tactical as she is going to get. I plan on changing out the butt pad to a Limbsaver, will put an elastic shell carrier on the stock, and maybe a sling. Somewhere down the line, I may put a flashlight bracket on it, if it will fit.

I just put this together this afternoon. Major problem - It doesn't work. The safety will not move. It won't budge. I about wore a blister on my finger trying to move it. I'm in the process of letting the safety button soak with a few drops of oil under it over night. I'm not into gunsmithing, but I need to learn how to strip the shotgun anyway. If all fails, it will be sent to the factory for warranty service. Everything else appears to be in great shape and working condition.

DSCN0035.jpg

DSCN00332.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

Back