• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Maverick 88 Home and Yard defense (More)pics

Sorry if this is wrong but I saw this thread and was hoping for help.

I have the same stock and I am looking for information about the sling you have.

bdlawnic, Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

Its some sort of single point sling, I did a quick image search and found very similar slings from UTG to Troy Industries... SOG Tactical, I personally have a Botach Tactical single point bungee sling.

Also, I recommend taking a look at our "Sling" subsection and pose the question ther about what youre looking for and we'll see what we can come up with!

I think I picked it up from MidwayUSA. and use an Uncle Mike's Super Swivel. The sling has two disconnects connected to a "Y" with a hook type latch that I used to attach to the Super Swivel.

Re: New Pics

Hey Jeepman,
What is the stock you have on there? ATI? Do you like it, does it reduce recoil much?
What is the heatshield? How well does it fit? I heard some of the scatch the barrel and won't stay put.
Thanks
-sbaker

]Hey Jeepman,
What is the stock you have on there? ATI? Do you like it, does it reduce recoil much?
What is the heatshield? How well does it fit? I heard some of the scatch the barrel and won't stay put.
Thanks
-sbaker
They are both ati recoil is not bad at all & the heatshield has been just fine. :D

Thanks Jeepman. I was hoping the ATI would help reduce the felt recoil some. Being new to shotguns I was a little overwhelmed after shooting the 88 for the first time. Seems to have a lot more recoil that the few few others I have had a chance to shoot. One bird gun and one side by side stagecoach gun.
-sbaker33

Finally...

So I finally got my first shotgun: Maverick 88 with the 28" All Purpose Barrel. First impressions are pretty good so far minus the rattling fore end which I've heard is somewhat normal? Definitely need to give this gun a good cleaning as it it covered in that packing grease I've read about. First upgrade on the agenda will be a 18.5" barrel as this will be my primary HD weapon. Followed by an ATI Talon Adj Stock or just a Limbsaver in the mean time! I hope to continue to use this forum for insight and keep the updates coming! Thanks!

---
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332302416.741594.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332302416.741594.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,360
Re: Finally...

Congratulations Sir!

As far as the forearm rattle, it's just one of those endearing qualities us Mossberg owners have come to love from our shotguns. It's not only normal, but the loose tolerance in the forearm contributes to the platform's reliability in all conditions. With tighter tolerance you may get less rattle, but the action becomes more succeptible to locking up when dirty. Once you start havin fun put'n holes in stuff, you'll forget all about it... :D

Congrats on the new shotgun, she looks like a beauty! Let us know how it shoots after the upgrades.

Nice. Looking forward to hearing about your first trip to the range with her.

Nice gun. Congrats. I've been considering picking one of these up myself. Been looking around for the 8 shot security model. Don't worry about the rattle. It's normal and as the above user said, it helps contribute to the reliablity of the gun. I can't tell you many times I've gotten my mossbergs snowy/muddy and they just keep on chugging.

Finally...

Updated pic: 18.5in barrel, Limbsaver, simple shot sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333173006.485244.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333173006.485244.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 1,298

With the 18.5" barrel that is one helluva impressive shotgun!

When you get into shooting it with slugs or buckshot, make sure you don't try leaning into the gun while seated on a bench or table. Stand with 75% of your weight on your weak-side foot and let the recoil bring you upright.

Awesome looking SD shotgun, for real!

I wonder why that forearm looks more like the one on my wife's 20 gauge 500 than the forearm on my Maverick 88? This is what the forearm on my 88 looks like:

31023big.gif

and here is the forearm of my wife's 500:

50450.jpg

Ironically, mine now has a pistol grip on it and her's has a Compstock. Take care. Tom Worthington

Find the answer to that Tom and you get the carrot. Many before you have tried to decipher the Mossberg Code, you can try …..You’re going to need this
12742.jpg

:lol:

Nice!

All joking aside Tom, all of us here have been struggling to make any sense of Mossberg's SOP on parts for years. It's almost like they have a giant bin full of forend assemblies and they just reach in and grab whatever to assemble each shotgun. If there is a pattern to it, we may need to contact Prof. Robert Langdon for help...

Well, it does seem to suggest that the 500 fore end and Maverick fore end are interchangeable, but that isn't true, is it? Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom396 said:
Well, it does seem to suggest that the 500 fore end and Maverick fore end are interchangeable, but that isn't true, is it? Take care. Tom Worthington.
the complete assembly including the metal tube, they are interchangable. the mavericks without the pinned forearm, use a shorter metal tube.
your alternative to getting a new tube is to modify the forearm to match like I did.

Back