• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: 12 and 20 differences

I've known variations of "standard" LOP across different manufacturers but I'm not aware of any differences between guages (all else being equal).

351 power said:
just picked up a 12 recently and really noticed the extra stock length. must be just to compensate for recoil difference i guess. thinking about taking off .25" what do you guys think? has anyone tried this? btw, these are both great shotguns. have had good times with the 20

what model number is the 12ga,,,,,and 20ga?

you can get the 88 with a 14" or 14 1/2" LOP either 12ga or 20ga right from mossberg.

My Phoenix KickLite stock came in

My impression is that it's a quality piece. Feels very solid and sturdy. There's a tiny bit of wobble in stock but nothing that concerns me at this point.

As for shooting impressions, the recoil reduction is noticeable. It was much easier to bring it back on target after shot. Best of all, my shoulder feels much better.

I can't wait to get back to the range again.

The obligatory pic:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360542671.104306.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360542671.104306.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 349
Re: My Phoenix KickLite stock came in

Very nice Tom!

Thanks for sharing your impressions. Where is the wobble coming from?

looking good.thanks for the review. enjoy. :)

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice Tom!

Thanks for sharing your impressions. Where is the wobble coming from?

The stock wobbled a bit on the buffer tube. The rest of it is very solid though. It was also very easy to attach to the receiver (it took longer to get the old stock off).

So far, very impressed but I want to get more range time with it.

One more thing I forgot to mention: It came with a 5 round shell carrier to mount on the stock. It's the only piece that felt cheap. At first I wasn't going to use it (I have a 3GunGear side saddle on order) but I mounted it anyway. It feels a sturdier now that it's attached but we'll how well it holds up.

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to hearing more feedback regarding your long term experience with the Phoenix stock.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Sweet!

The more ammo the better! :D

My thoughts exactly! Eight in the gun, seven in the side saddle and five on the stock. A nice even 20 rounds of 00 buck! ;)

Looks good. Is that the Phoenix Technology KLTM88 SHT-286? If so does anyone know if it will also fit the Mossberg 500? The stock looks the same as the more expensive Phoenix Technology KLT001 SHT-280 which also come with forend that I don't need.

Nick Burkhardt said:
Looks good. Is that the Phoenix Technology KLTM88 SHT-286? If so does anyone know if it will also fit the Mossberg 500? The stock looks the same as the more expensive Phoenix Technology KLT001 SHT-280 which also come with forend that I don't need.

It's the KLT001 SHT-280. It came with the forend (which I can't use unless I swap the slider tube on my Mav). It should fit a 500 just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

magpul stock

Anyone have one of these?

SGA870_1_PDE.jpg

While I like the tactical stock look this looks like a nice addition to my gun!

Re: magpul stock

I have seen them but do not have one. I like the design and would like to try one. If you try it out give us a review.

OK looked at magpul site says 500/590 SGA stock fall of 2013 guess I'll have to wait the one for the 870 is available though!

I own several other magpul stocks, but not the one they're making for the 500/590.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I'd care much for that one. I'm just not a big fan of how it looks on the 870, so I don't think I'd like it any better on the 500.

But I do like the Magpul M93 buttstock and own a Moe stock and two CTR stocks on other guns and am a big fan of them. I also used to own a PRS stock. They are all very good quality.

L.O.P

On a budget but like to change my stock to something a bit shorter and with a bit more padding! Heard about the limb savers but that adds length! Not a huge fan of the tactical stocks would like something that still looks like a stock but offers good recoil reduction! And maybe a bit shorter in length too

Back