• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Welcome to the club from NY and congrats on your new Mossy,she's a beauty. Is that a shell cuff on the stock?

Thanks for the pic. :D

old mossy said:
Welcome to the club from NY and congrats on your new Mossy,she's a beauty. Is that a shell cuff on the stock?

Thanks for the pic. :D

Yeah it's a shell sleeve. Just picked it up at Dick's.

Welcome to the forum from NY. Thanks for the pic,nice lookin' shotty. :D

My First 500 (model ID help)

It's a great day. Just picked up a new (to me) 500. Not only is it my first 500, it's my first firearm! :D
Anywho, could you guys help me ID my 500. I know these came with a 22'' barrel from the factory, but mine has a 20'' and same length mag tube. Is there anyway to tell the barrel and mag tube are OEM mossberg parts?

Thanks!

Re: My First 500 (model ID help)

As far as I know, 20" with a 7 shot mag tube is standard for the persuader... Model 50577, which I presume yours is. There may be some turkey models with a 22" barrel, but those don't come with extended capacity magazine tubes.

Nice find, and welcome to Mossberg Owners!

welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your "new to you" Mossy.

Looks like a #50577 persuader 8 shot.

Thanks for the pics good lookin' shotty. :D

AK,,,didn't see we were posting at the same time. ;)

Great, so it IS the persuader! I Appreciate gentlemen. Deffenitely a reassuring feeling knowing everything is OEM. Glad to join to club...

old mossy said:
AK,,,didn't see we were posting at the same time. ;)

Great minds think alike!... And at the same time ;)

ZombieFan said:
Great, so it IS the persuader! I Appreciate gentlemen. Deffenitely a reassuring feeling knowing everything is OEM. Glad to join to club...

Glad to have you!

Congratulations on your first firearm. Please try to get some instruction/training for it. Even if from a trusted adult familiar with firearms and safety, which cannot be expressed enough for new owners.

Be safe, and enjoy a lifetime of shooting.

I set this one up, Mossberg 500, pistol grips front and rear, 7+1 Magazine, Glow bead front site, Ghost site rear, heat shield, shoulder strap (not shown) 18.5" barrel, up to 3" chamber. Preferred ammo in home 00 buckshot, and Special Personal protection segmented slugs, and mini slug with buckshot. This is easy to handle and manuver in the home. I want to add a flashlight but have not found the mount I really like. 3" mags show a short flame from the barrel when shot :D it's a hand full, but it should be a great protection and security.

Attachments

• Mossberg 500.jpg
    Mossberg 500.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 204
Nice looking 12 gauge! I don't know about "Homeland Security" though :lol:
Unless that is your twist on "Home Defense" than by all means GO FOR IT! :)

I never could get used to the forward pistol grips like yours... I wanted to square it up with the center of my body and the pistol grip only felt best off to my right side.. Either way, Enjoy it!

Hey All,
New member here.
I have been eyeballing a Mossy 500 for about a month or two now.
As luck would have it, I happened to be in the right place at the right time last Saturday when I visited my local Gun Shop. As I was looking at all the shotguns hanging on the wall, I noticed one laying on the counter. I asked the guy about it and he said it was a Mossberg 500 just taken in on trade in.
The guy who previously owned it claimed he did not shoot it but a dozen or so times and it was too long for him. They were only asking $250 for it! I gave it a good once over and it is now mine!
It is a Model 500 Tactical Tri-rail (50575), and in great shape. I have been looking over this forum for ideas on decking it out, lots of good info and ideas here.
Btw, Since the gun shop I bought it from also has a range, I got to shoot it the same day.
This thing is a beast. I had several loose 12ga shells in my ammo cabinet left over from various hunting trips so I decided to give it a go. First I shot up all of my left over 2-3/4" slugs, and then I had a few 3" 000 buckshots. Needless to say, after those, I was done for the day. I am in the market for a recoil reducing buttstock.
This is a great gun. :D

Welcome to the club from NY and congrats on your "new to you " Mossy. You get a chance post a pic or two. :)

Wecome. That is the best $250 shotgun you'll ever own, and maybe the best period! FYI that gun will hold eight (8) rounds of common birdshot in the tube!

Back