• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Nah, they are the same.......Some sites list them as 7 3/4" and some as 7 5/8". The shorter version is 6 5/8"

000Buck said:
Yes I completley understand. Amazon has just screwed me way less than anyone else. And it was usually because the item came from a company selling through amazon. For anyone interested, Heres what I'm putting together, for what I feel is a pretty good price. For starters I have a 500 Persuader or Cruiser(tbh, I dont know the difference. Barrel length?) the newer model that has the parkerized 18.5 barrel, reciever, and heatshield. With the nice blued internal peices. (Curious to see how long that lasts)
Kept next to my bed with the pistol grip stock attached, breach open, safety off, 3 inch 000 Buckshot laying in the chamber, with a 3 inch slug and another 000 Buckshot ready for follow-up.

For my complete home defense setup these are my plans,

New magazine tube :cry:...stupid pinned forend.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BA ... EQYI4JDKSE

Mako Tri rail forend. I really like the quality of this company.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F0 ... PDKIKX0DER

Magpul angeled foregrip....Might leave this on for clay shooting as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D2 ... PDKIKX0DER

Offset Rail mount for flashlight
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZY ... Z6Z4LCAKI5

Was considering this for a light. Reviews claim it to be quite durable.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00396 ... PDKIKX0DER

Hey OOOBuck,

Just thought I'd chime in here for ya & maybe avoid you some return shipping aggrivation.

Im not a guru by anymeans but,

I don't think the Streamlight you have selected there will work with that offset mount. Its too skinny. The mount states its for 1", the Streamlight is just over 3/4''. That streamlight model is more of a EDC pocket carry type of light. I have that exact offset, there's no making it smaller.

If your looking for cheap, any of the polytacs will most likely work or anything Surefire 6P size like the G2 nitrolon G2X or the 6P its self but Surefires are always more Skrilla. That 500lm Streamlight ProTac HL is a beast & a bargain for what it costs, it also has a 1''inch body. Also check OT Botach, got a email today & there blowing out some older Bayco Bright-Strike tac200's for $19, those are comparable in output to the Streamlight u have selected. They are basically a SF G2 knockoff.

Your correct, that Mako is a great forend, but the action tube your looking for is currently not available on Amazon. Check out Havlin Sales, you can find them in the vendor section. They are great, EXTREMELY knowledgeable & go way out of there way to get precise answers to you.

One more little thing i might mention is that the Magpul AFG1 you have in mind is a great forend addition but the generation 1 models have been known to not want to fit on certain trirails. You might want to check out the AFG2, its clearance tolerances are better. I have both & i know the gen 1 doesn't want to fit my awesome EGRO tri-rail (Thanks AK!!:cool:) but did fit my UTG tri-rail.

Like i said, im no guru... But I've returned ALOT of things due to variables that were afterthoughts. Damn I hate variables!!:lol:

I hope this is some helpful input for you.. Happy building OOOBuck!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

heat shield or no?

after hanging out with a pal in ohio for a week & shooting my new mossberg 500 chainsaw cruiser many times. i noticed the barrel does get a tad hot, & the way the hand is up n over the barrel due to the chainsaw grip, i realized i'd like to put a heat shield on it. i seen an ati heat shield rather cheap, but will this fit the chainsaw? and where is the best place to buy one?

Re: heat shield or no?

no, not with the breacher barrel. It doesn’t have a traditional 500 barrel/lug system either so you won’t be replacing the barrel with a standard 500 barrel either

I have never had a heat shield... Just have to remember not to touch the barrel that is all ;)

Although, Oli makes a good point! You are kind of in a sticky spot if you absolutely wanted a heatshield

Hey guys, I'm trying to buy a Mossberg heatshield for my 500. Looking locally on craigslist for a good deal. Is there a.way to identify a Mossberg heatshield over aftermarket ones? I know the heatshield doesn't serve that much use. But I like the look, makes me think of a trench gun which is awesome

In all honesty, you should look into getting an ATI heat shield. Better quality, more easily acquired and probably cheaper lol... They even might be the same heat shield because I know that ATI supplies the stocks for Mossberg Tactical Models

Main reason I want the.Mossberg version is that I heard its the best about not moving around. All the reviews in the past say the original is the best. Now if the ATI doesn't have that problem then ill have to check em out

I had a heat shield break at the spot welds during qualifications tying up the gun. I'm glad it wasn't during a serious in time of need situation. YMMV. tom.

I have a post on this thread about mounting an inexpensive composite HS on a 500 (not Chainsaw) with a 18.5" breacher barrel. Had to make a couple mods to the HS but it's holding up well.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5780

Don't know how much diffference there is with the Chainsaw and mine.

Something to consider anyway.

I don't mean to thread jack, but as.far.as.brands go, which is the best hs that won't move around from recoil on a standard 500 18.5 barrel?

I'm new around here and still learning my way around so please advise if I should be posting this elsewhere in the forum.

I just installed the Elzetta flashlight mount (quick release thumbscrew model) on my new 500 and I have to say I'm very happy with the ease of installation and the build quality. It is plastic but it seems very sturdy and solid. I went with the Streamlight Polytac (2)CR123A flashlight, partly because I'm on a budget, and coincidentally because I recently spent 3X the money on the light I mounted on my AR. Enough talking I guess, except to say that I wish I was a better picture taker. Oh, and in case you're wondering why the light is on the right, it's because I'm a lefty.

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

Kadelic said:
I'm new around here and still learning my way around so please advise if I should be posting this elsewhere in the forum.

I just installed the Elzetta flashlight mount (quick release thumbscrew model) on my new 500 and I have to say I'm very happy with the ease of installation and the build quality. It is plastic but it seems very sturdy and solid. I went with the Surefire Polytac (2)CR123A flashlight, partly because I'm on a budget, and coincidentally because I recently spent 3X the money on the light I mounted on my AR. Enough talking I guess, except to say that I wish I was a better picture taker. Oh, and in case you're wondering why the light is on the right, it's because I'm a lefty.

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

Welcome to the forums dude..

I must say.. Im very interested in the ''Surefire'' polytac.. must be a new model i missed when i was looking for a new light to put on my Remington 590A1.... =P

Nick Burkhardt said:
Kadelic, what is the model number for that light? Can you change the focus on it?

Before ppl get confused, Its actually a Streamlight Polytac, i was just busting balls.

Its believe its a 120lm-150lm light that utilizes a Cree XRE-R2 led. At least that's what I've seen in them first hand about a year ago. I haven't seen if they have upgraded the led lately. Its relatively old led technology compared to whats available now. But never the less its a half way decent little light. Ive always liked the polymer lights because of their ruggedness & no paint to scratch... Its comparable to the older Surefire G2 but with a LED.

There are two versions of the light, one with a larger bezel called the HP i believe & then theres the standard Polytac with a regular P-60 size bezel. The HP will give a slightly different beam pattern but have more throw. Neither are adjustable. Coast & the cheap Chinese lights are the only lights i know of that are adjustable on the focus.

Nick Burkhardt said:
I hope this is the correct place to post this. I just noticed that Cabela's has the Tacstar pistol style forend on sale for $19.99 http://www.cabelas.com/product/Barg...als/_/N-1102647&WTz_l=DirectLoad;cat105641280
Good find I always liked those when I was younger. Combine that with a pistol grip, 14" barrel and a trenchcoat and your ready for urban war! Lol I was a big punisher fan, forget all the whimpy characters that took the badguys to jail.

Kadelic- welcome to the forums. I'm new here to but there is some good info, sexy pics and nice people here. I see your a fellow Texan, I'm in Houston. How much did that light setup cost if you don't mind.

Back