• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Mossberg 500 Persuader star washer removal.

JT10,

I used a flat head screw driver. I used the corner of the tip of the screw driver between two of the stars, and just turned the knob of the barrel retaining bolt to unscrew it out. The Star doesnt move, the bolt unscrews.

I did not throw mine away. I put it back on after I placed the GG&G mount betweent the lug and the bolt. I did the same thing. Used the the corner of the flat head screw driver to keep the star from moving. Screwed it in enought that it was in the lug, but not tight enough that it would bind on the GG&G Mount.

Hope it helps

Frank

***Update, Just saw your post update. Try my way before the hammer*** I have done this on two barrels with out a problem

Re: Mossberg 500 Persuader star washer removal.

Not the best pic, but should give you an Idea of how it should look to unscrew the barrel star.

Frank

Attachments

• Barrel Star.jpg
    Barrel Star.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 238
500 tactical flex question

hey everyone, i'm new here and just bought the 500 tac flex with 20'' barrel and had question about it. Since it's a 20'' barrel, and the mag tube is the same length as the barrel would i be able to use the shorter flex barrels? i would like to get the 18'' barrel with breacher but don't want to commit if it won't work. i tried looking this up, but all it shows is the 590 tac flex and i can't seem to find this specific gun. any info on this gun would be appreciated. I really wasn't able to do my homework on this gun accessory wise because they were going fast and this was the last one. i'm happy with it as is but would like to eventually have some barrell swap availablities. thanks so much

Attachments

• mossberg.gif
    mossberg.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 246
I have an issue with my Mossberg 500. I got it at a gu show and I took it out to the range the other day, and found out the magazine tube does not keep any shells in it. When I try to feed shells into the tube it won't click so I can place another shell in it. The spring tension just pushes it back out.

I hope someone can help me.

The shotgun functions fine other than that....right now its just a single shot though... not what I really wanted.

removing the flex adapter?

i recently purchased a 500 flex without knowing anything about the flex and now i realize i can only buy mossberg accesories does anyone have a tutorial on how to remove the flex adapter?

New 500 won't fire

Hello all, I recently bought a new 500 persuader tactical and I can't get it to fire. I took it all apart, cleaned it and reassembled, function check OK.

The trigger pulls, I hear the hammer hit, but there is no primer strike. Loading the same shell back in a few times and I get what looks like a very light strike.

It doesn't seem the firing pin is hitting the primer.

The bolt face shows some brass from me cycling it, and the circle is nicely centered around the firing pin hole, so it appears the bolt face is making good contact with the shell.

Any ideas? I did a few searches and found dirty guns as the most likely culprit. Mine is clean. Others mentioned extremely stiff firing pin springs and mine seems very stiff.

TIA,
BB

Re: New 500 won't fire

welcome, is it new to you or used ?, has it ever fired to your knowledge ?

Check and make sure that the shell retainer isn't cracked or bent. It is going to be on the right sight if the barrel is pointed forward and you are looking into the receiver

sorry about that, nothing like getting something new and not being able to use it . How far did you take it down to clean it ? sounds like it is cycling good and locking up good.
The hammer sounds like it is hitting nice and hard ?

I would suggest taking the bolt down and inspecting the firing pin. Make sure there is no excess lubricant and that the firing pin isn't damaged.

Re: removing the flex adapter?

Sorry for your luck buddy :( I always fear something like that would happen to a fellow member. To my knowledge it is NOT removable and you are stuck with only using mossberg components. In due time I think other manufacturers are going to have some stuff out for it but you are just going to have to wait it out :/

seebeewes,

Can you take off your stock, and post a picture of the adapter that remains in the receiver? Mainly looking from the stock into the receiver. I am guessing that it has a bolt that you can take off to remove the adapeter. It would be the same bolt to put on a regular stock.

It is my opinion that the flex uses all the same stuff that the normal 500 uses, and the flex system is just an adapter to Mossbergs products. I hope it is that simple.

Frank

thanks guys for the replys im trying to get my photobucket to upload from my phone so i can show you. i appreciate all the help

Back