• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Re: Mag tub cap with swivel stud attachment?

Conny Miller said:
Just so y'all know: I just called Mossberg and they are going to send me the swivel free of charge. I can't believe it. I didn't even ask for it; they offered it up. This is outstanding customer service. :D :D :D

thsmiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Re: Squeezing an extra round into your mag tube?

Nope. Never felt like I needed more than 5+1 for anything. Looks interesting though. I'm pretty limited to the type of buckshot I can get my hands on. I'm lucky if I can find anything other than Winchester Super X.

Re: Mag tub cap with swivel stud attachment?

Sniper - Does the sling stud in that aftermarket mag cap swivel or turn around, or is it tight in one spot?

I have the 8 + 1. I've used the Hornady TAP, but havent tried loading the extra shell. I just stop loading at 8...

I have some around here somewhere, I'll see if I can load another! Hmmm, a 590A1 10 shot!

Just to have it, my wife bought me a box of the Hornaday Zombie Max 00 as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. I can fit an extra shell in my mag tube. Mix any other shell in and you can't. Comparing the shells the Hornday is noticably shorter.

What an awesome wife!!!

I just tried loading my 8 round magazine with the Hornady. Its still an 8 round magazine. The Hornady shells are about 1/16" shorter than any other round I have in 2 3/4" or at least Winchester or Federal. I didnt compare them to any of the Remington or any birdshot. Only just the buckshot I have in those two other makes.

Better than that Rossingnol, She bought me the 590A1 to go with the shells. :D To realy let you know how good she is.... I pick up the STI Shdow .45 tomorrow that she bought me while she was in Houston last week. :eek: Late Christmas present.
I only have Slugs to compare them with. With only the zombie max the extra shell fits with less than 1/32 to spare. one slug in the tube and its 2/16 to 3/16 to long. Maybe the clearance is only there on the shorter tube.

What are the differences among the various Hornady 00 offerings? Which one is full power with the most spread? (I think the TAP is low recoil with tight pattern) I'm kind of stoked the 18.5" 590A1 may be a 6+1 gun ;) .

Funny,but I could squeeze six Federal 2 3/4" buck into my 18.5" 590A1 mag tube before I changed the spring and follower.

Doc18d said:
Better than that Rossingnol, She bought me the 590A1 to go with the shells. :D To realy let you know how good she is.... I pick up the STI Shdow .45 tomorrow that she bought me while she was in Houston last week. :eek: Late Christmas present.

Does she have any sisters just as awesome as her? I'm kidding. I love my wife. But i'll tell her about the presents you got...maybe she'll do the same next x-mas..lol

Good luck. Even most of the best wives don't get as good as she is.

Dang! And an STI??!!! Wow!

18.5" 590 mag extension

Hey guys, I just picked up my new 590A1 with an 18.5" barrel which I disassembled, cleaned, and lubed. When I took off the cap that retains the barrel I noticed a stop on the end of the magazine tube. If I wanted to add an extension how would I remove the metal cap at the end of the magazine tube to accomplish this task?

Re: 18.5" 590 mag extension

I was wondering the exact same thing just a few days ago and I found out that the metal retainer thing you are speaking of is removable. In fact most people opt to remove it and just throw it away because it is not needed. Getting rid of it also allows you remove the spring and follower from the front for cleaning the tube and etc.

Just use a pair of needle nose pliers and SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY start pulling it out one corner at a time from the middle. Be careful once the retainer is almost out because the spring is under a slight bit of pressure and the retainer could pop out at you. Make sure you do not use the pliers or anything else to "pivot" against the edge of the magazine tube otherwise you will damage it.

Brandon

Exactly what Brandon discribes.....just make sure take your time and lift from the center hole starting from the slot and go around the cap lifting very slowly. When and if you reinsert cap you may need a rubber mallet to gently tap it flush.

HTC Vision Custom

Ah, thank you guys. I figured it was just pressed in, but I didn't want to try it until I had consulted someone in the know.

A Million Thanks,

Erik

Re: Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

my follower arrived today...very good fit and finish, just waitin on that wolff spring...they're shipping dept isnt exactly on the spot it seems

Back