• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Fits Mossberg Shockwave Shotguns Only

Heck yea...Good find Rampo. I like the looks of it. My only concern is the point of aim with a sight on the rail. Would point of impact be low?

Goodies are coming on line....yeehaw.

I shot Stogie with the sling attached from the rear grip, tucked close to my body, under my left elbow, and back to the front swivel. I fired several rounds and felt it was comfortable, and then fired from the hip without the sling. I like the hip shot without the sling. It is more natural, less thought, less time. The sling offers no benefit when shooting, to my thinking. It is an interesting concept, but I'll stay with "basics". I do like my sling for carrying a Shockwave.

My favorite so far is Federal LE1321B Tactical Flitecontrol 15 pellet plated #1 Buck. It has the ability to be slug precise inside of 20 yards, spread starts at 25 yds, can really hold a one man pattern out to thirty yards and is likely to be effective beyond fifty yards. This has to be ordered online, but I have stocked up on it. The one possible downside is that the pattern is too tight for home defense inside a dwelling. It recoils very mildly.

I disagree, but only on that one point. I want a tight pattern inside my house. I don't want any chance of an errant pellet going through a wall and injuring one of my family. I want them ALL on target.

Really, almost any buckshot load is going to throw a very tight pattern at "inside the home" distances. The real advantage IMHO, is that the #1 buck is less likely to over penetrate and it creates a more devastating wound, compared to fewer but larger pellets.

Fits Mossberg Shockwave Shotguns Only

Heck yea...Good find Rampo. I like the looks of it. My only concern is the point of aim with a sight on the rail. Would point of impact be low?

Goodies are coming on line....yeehaw.

Well, I wrote to the seller and he has this same setup on his Shockwave, so I ended up ordering it. No gunsmithing was required. Should be here on Friday. I'll have to fool around with the POA/POI. Right now with the standard front sight I'm shooting high. For example, with a standard profile target at 7 yards, if I want a center mass hit, I have to aim at knee level. I do also have the rail mount laser which should take care of indoor aiming. Below is the picture from ebay. From what I can tell, the rail is an Aimtech ML3A1SWH "Warhammer" tactical rail. More to follow....

.War Hammer Heat Shield.JPG

I was afraid this was gonna happen. You are leading the point to ensure I buy ANOTHER Shockwave. That looks awesome.
I did not have the POA/POI problem you are having for long. She'll come around....it just takes more foreplay.:oldman:
I look forward to seeing your review on this rail. It looks like a sweet set up.

Last edited:
I've found a simple way to do a mild stipple texture on the rear grip. I am thinking of doing the stipple and then insert this medallion.
This may be a bit over the top, but I was raised that way.
I will share a secret:
My Granddad described a good lookin' girl as:
"A little bit of loose, wrapped up tight, with crooked poke-outs." Use it if you like, just give credit to Cap'n Bill.
Stogie Medallion.JPG

Couple of things trouble me about GG&G:
1. Stuff seems to cost about twenty-five dollars more than I feel like paying for it.
2. Deceptive pricing on the swivel mounts. $28 for front and rear is a deal! Oh wait, that's just one, but you don't find that out until you dig deeper...
3. They sell the mounts, but the swivels are not included and cost extra...even after the $25 dollars more than I really want to pay for the mount.
I'm not exactly stingy on my gun purchases(bought two Shockwaves in one shot), but these folks have done some things that have caused me to pause.

Maybe this will help. GG&G is having a 25% off sale on all GG&G produced products and free shipping on orders of $50 or more through Wednesday, September 6.

Gunhand> I just finished putting the Mesa Tactical Telescoping Stock adapter and a Shockwave Arm Brace on my Shockwave. Looks like I'll be heading to the range this weekend!!!
index.php

Nice job, @Gunhand . We'll be looking forward to your range report

Well, I wrote to the seller and he has this same setup on his Shockwave, so I ended up ordering it. No gunsmithing was required. Should be here on Friday. I'll have to fool around with the POA/POI. Right now with the standard front sight I'm shooting high. For example, with a standard profile target at 7 yards, if I want a center mass hit, I have to aim at knee level. I do also have the rail mount laser which should take care of indoor aiming. Below is the picture from ebay. From what I can tell, the rail is an Aimtech ML3A1SWH "Warhammer" tactical rail. More to follow....

.View attachment 16141

Is it here yet? :rolleye:

I just finished putting the Mesa Tactical Telescoping Stock adapter and a Shockwave Arm Brace on my Shockwave. Looks like I'll be heading to the range this weekend!!!
Nice idea.. I didn't know it was kosher to do that, but it makes sense since it is not a stock, it's a brace and having a pistol grip doesn't change anything either. I wish I could have a shockwave where I am.

Nice idea.. I didn't know it was kosher to do that, but it makes sense since it is not a stock, it's a brace and having a pistol grip doesn't change anything either. I wish I could have a shockwave where I am.

Thank God I live in the free State of Nevada, and the Shockwave is not prohibited.

Back