• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

NewTactGuy said:
Heres a list of what I ordered:

If anyone is interested, I can do a review on each company I ordered from also..

Nordic get an A++ in my book, friendly service, and by far the fastest and cheapest shipping of any company Ive dealt with so far.

Aimpro Tactical Picatinnay Tri-Rail

Specter SOP 3 point Sling + Mounts

Nordic Tube Clamp + Rail

Fore-End vertical ergonomic Hand grip

High intensity Flashlight + Mount

I have the nice new 930 Sights , so I have not decided If I will go with any optics just yet.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

First off, welcome! That is a nice list of upgrades you have there, can't wait to see it when you are finished. I like the AimPro forend too but I think I am going to wait for this one, should be soon. I just think it looks better IMHO.
http://harristacticalonline.com/Mossber ... CT-930.htm

Thanks guys !

I will try to get some pics up after upgrades !

I looked at that one to , but it seemed like everyone was really happy with the Aim-pro one, thats why I went with that one .. They were easy to order with also , Havnt received it yet though.

:)

tcecil88 said:
The Harris Tactical forend looks ALOT like the S&J Hardware forend. Like, exactly like it.

I think you are right! Wonder how that works? Think they are just machined by one manufacturer, bought in bulk by various retailers and branded accordingly?

You'd be surprised at how many gun parts, both aftermarket and factory, are manufactured by a different company than the name eventually stamped on the part.

AIMPRO!!! installed last week. PERFECT!!!. This is the best. Gets rid of the sloppy cheap mossy forend. I shot it yesterday and again no issues with any type of malfunctions. I did notice mines off about 4 inches to the right at 50 yards. Looking at my front sight it does not appear to be "canted" at all but that sure seems to require a lot of rear sight adjustment to bring it to zero. Any idea's on a way to move rear rail to the left???

Re: What do 930 owners want to see in the aftermarket?

m24shooter said:
ETA is working on their railed forearm. Pics of it are on their site. Hopefully they will have theirs out soon.
The shorter LOP stock is difficult because of the action spring in the stock. There is only about 3/4-1" without physically altering the spring housing.
A CAS-V would be interesting, and a solution to those who think it's just too much rail.
The 590 plates will not fit the 930 because of the action spring housing. Since GG&G has the 930 plate now, I would not be surprised if they came out with an HK loop model.

Good to see you here Jax.

ETA: I know there are several outfits working on stock options, and some people have modified their action spring housing to be a little shorter.

Hey guys, I'm interested in altering the spring housing in the stock to make it short enough to attach an AR style buttstock onto this gun. Is it possible to do that? to cut it in half then to preferred length to fit AR buttstock, then cut the spring and weld the tube back together.

Heylo-

First post here. I've looked all over the internet for 930 accessories. I recently picked up my 930 spx and have added a few things to it. I wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else has had as much trouble with Aimpro as I have. On the same day I ordered my GG&G single point adapter, my NC clamp, and the Aimpro tri rail forened. Roughly three days later I received the sling adapter, next day the barrel clamp.

Here we are 2.5 weeks later and nothing from Aimpro. I've called 5 times now and sent 1 email. Every time I call they say let me send you to the shop where they can give you the tracking number of your package, shop never answers and they say they can take a message and they will call me back. So far 0 calls back. So almost 3 weeks later no idea if the item is even shipped yet. They have definately already charged my CC though.

I'm really anxious to finish my shotgun it is the last piece I need. Has anyone else had any trouble with Aimpro and the customer service?

Two thumbs up for GG&G, NC
Thumbs down for Aimpro

PM me your name and number and I will have Mike from AIMPRO contact you. Mike is a stand up guy and will take care of you (he has been out of town for past few weeks).

I was finally contacted by someone from Aimpro. His explanation was that there was some form of disconnect from receiving the order to the order going to the shop for shipping. He told me that it looks like there was about a 5 day span where they didn't receive any orders which he said was not typical that they receive orders daily. He assured me that my order would be out the door today.

Good to hear.

Problems happen, how they are resolved says a lot. Glad they are getting your order out.

I want to use the rear sling point that comes on the 930 so that means I need a mount that uses a sling point underneath up front. Maybe like a mag/barrel clamp of some sort? I heard L&M made a picatinny mag/barrel clamp where you could install a sling swivel using the rail underneath (& also have a lighting solution on the side) but I can't find it for the life of me. I believe Midwest Industries makes a picatinny sling swivel.

Does anyone make anything like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: What do 930 owners want to see in the aftermarket?

socalfun said:
Hey guys, I'm interested in altering the spring housing in the stock to make it short enough to attach an AR style buttstock onto this gun. Is it possible to do that? to cut it in half then to preferred length to fit AR buttstock, then cut the spring and weld the tube back together.
I don't know that you could cut that much off and still have a functional gun. I also don't know if the geometry would be right for the stock.

ccf said:
I want to use the rear sling point that comes on the 930 so that means I need a mount that uses a sling point underneath up front.
To be accurate, you don't "need" a bottom mount. A side mount will still work with using the rear stock mount. But if you want one, the 870/1187 bottom mounts from GG&G and Wilson/SGT work fine.

rtsideslingmntwm.jpg

So do the side mounts.

930frmtlrgwm.jpg

Maybe like a mag/barrel clamp of some sort? I heard L&M made a picatinny mag/barrel clamp where you could install a sling swivel using the rail underneath (& also have a lighting solution on the side) but I can't find it for the life of me. I believe Midwest Industries makes a picatinny sling swivel.

Does anyone make anything like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
They do.

mirailslingpointwm.jpg

thanx m24

One more question. I contacted Mossberg & they said they now sell the SPX mag extension. Would that work on the Field/Security model with the short barrel & give me 7+1 since it's basically the same gun? Or no? Is the only solution a +2 mag extension (like the Choate)?

CCF, I may be wrong, but I believe the SPX extension is the Choate extension.

I had once called and asked OFM what extension they use and how could I get one. This was when I was lookin at somethin other than the 20" 590A1 I eventually purchased, but was wonderin how to go about installing an extension. They referred me to Choate. This was a couple years ago however, but they said it was the extension they use.

Products discussed: Aimpro railed foregrip; GG&G Sling attachment points.

(I'm selling them now)

A word about accessories. Try whatever you like; but really try it. Get yourself into a competition with it where you fire a few hundred rounds and see what you think. Competition either validates your training and equipment or it indicts them.

I purchased both the Aimpro products and the GG& G sling attachment points. I liked the idea of the Aimpro because it would allow me to attach an angled fore grip to the Mossy 930 SPX. I used the Aimpro in the entire MGM Ironman match. It added weight to the gun, it was nearly as loose as the plastic factory fore grip. It is not comfortable. I spent $149 plus shipping. Hindsight I would not buy that item. It is well machined and poorly thought out; I was foolish to purchase it. I should have done more reading on it.

What I will do instead is to modify the factory fore grip with a magpul rail accessory and attach the magpul AFG 1 (I prefer this over the AFG 2 when doing the modification to the factory fore grip). This is a very light weight and very sturdy modification that another guy had there. I tried it, it works, I like it. It's also really inexpensive. Aimpro railed fore end for sale! Make me an offer.

One of the courses of fire in the MGM Ironman has the competitor fire the entire stage from his reaction/opposite hand and shoulder. In my case I am right handed, so I fired that stage with the shotgun in my left shoulder, firing with my left hand. (just trying to be clear and specific here).

The GG&G rear sling attachment point promptly ripped open my index finger on my left hand after firing just a few 3" magnums - call it what you will. I didn't like that. Moreover the front sling attachment point constantly aggravated my left thumb and index finger when firing as normal, from the right shoulder. GG&G sling attachment points for sale... make me an offer... they are bled on, but I washed them.

Daniel Horner was in Squad 1 (first in rotation), we were in Squad 11 (last in rotation), I had plenty of opportunity to speak with him. I asked him what he did for sling attachment points. The USAMU does what all good Army Grunts do... they use 550 chord for sling attachment points. DUH!!! Shame on me for throwing away good money. If you don't know who he is, let's just say if he does it, it is probably THE way it's to be done.

You guys have been awesome here! Thank you for steering me away from the side saddle shot shell holders.

SFC J.A. Garcia
CA ARNG

I'm all for simple solutions.

Not much in life that can't be solved with a few yards to 550 chord. It's tactical duct tape...

Back