• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Re: Buy a barrel or new gun for Trap?

As far as I know there is not a 30 or 32" barrel available for the Mossberg 930 autoloader. If you run extended chokes you can get your 28" barrel to 29 or 30".

Looks like this one doesn't have the fiber sights? Also, I know this might sound dumb, but what is the difference between matte and blue? Being somewhat colorblind I can't tell what finish will match my 930 SPX.

mister_e said:
Hikmer said:
So I saw this on Amazon, is this what I want? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0F74BAEA3184QB0KKY24

A modified choke? Do I buy a rail after the fact if I want to switch? Sorry, just don't know how all the parts line up.

Here's one that will save you a little $$ ;)

http://www.wholesalehunter.net/outd...berg-90130-Stocks-Barrels-and-Barrel-Acc.html

It's cheaper but it doesn't fit his gun. :cool:

Hikmer said:
Looks like this one doesn't have the fiber sights? Also, I know this might sound dumb, but what is the difference between matte and blue? Being somewhat colorblind I can't tell what finish will match my 930 SPX.

Think in terms of shiny or not shiny. I got the "Matte Blue" for my 590a1 and it matched the "parkerized" finish perfectly. Blue will be more of a polished, shiny barrel. Unfortunately the 930 is the only one that doesn't say Matte Blue. It just says Matte! worth a call to mossberg to figure out exactly what Part Number you want before ordering, even if you are ordering from someone else.

Re: Some differences in the 930 SPX barrels

I STILL havent been able to get my SPX, but I just looked at M24shooter's latest update and I have a 3rd gen barrel, w/short sight tower and blue spring.... Should I expect problems w/P.O.I. since the sight is for the original, and doesnt the new front (tall) have A LOT more elevation adjustment, should it reliably shoot field, buck, low/high brass, etc? Should I call Mossy and have them send me a new barrel, shoot it with the old, and see which works best? I really hope there isnt gonna be a problem w/the short sight and blue spring.... Any info/advice appreciated!

Order placed, can't wait to try it out. It is pretty awkward shooting a tactical on the trap range. Hoping after a while I just buy a dedicated gun since I know I will get sick of swapping barrels.

Hikmer said:
Order placed, can't wait to try it out. It is pretty awkward shooting a tactical on the trap range. Hoping after a while I just buy a dedicated gun since I know I will get sick of swapping barrels.

Yeah, that was my plan too. But after a couple thousand rounds, I'm still digging my long barrel 590a1! If it was an automatic, there would be NO desire to do so on my end! As much fun as it is to shoot the sport with a pump gun, cycling while shooting 5 stand is a definite disadvantage if you're at all competitive or have competitive friends :twisted: .

to be honest the worst thing about swapping barrels is I haven't come up with a good "extra barrel storage solution" for the long barrel after I get back from the range and put the short 'n lethal back on...

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Breacher Barrel With Heat Shield

85336.jpg

For anyone considering purchasing the Mossberg 930 autoloader breacher barrel with heat shield be aware that if you are looking to get custom barrel work you may run into difficulties due to the permanently attached heat shield.

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Breacher Barrel With Heat Shield

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping to hear about some Vang Comp goodness on that barrel.

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Breacher Barrel With Heat Shield

I am going to get another barrel for the 930 and have them do the Vang Comp Systems treatment to it!

Rifled -vs- plain?

Question for the knowledgeable ones ;)

I have been throwing the idea around of adding a 24" rifled barrel for the 930. I'd probably get the one that has the integrated scope mount - if I go that route.

My question is this though...a Rifled barrel will only really be useful for shooting slugs through, but the rifling will provide better accuracy with those slugs. How much accuracy can I expect from using the 18.5 plain barrel or picking up a 20" w/ chokes, and using slugs - and maybe adding optics?

My thinking is, having the rifled accuracy would be great for those long shots - when you just have to launch 1 OZ. of lead down range ;) But if you had to switch loads over to BUCK, the rifled barrel is going to scatter the buck shot all over the place :(

Hmmmm...may have just answered my own question :lol:

But as always, appreciate any feedback and info.

Mr. E

Re: Rifled -vs- plain?

I wouldn't throw anything less than a sabot slug down a rifled barrel. Can you? Yes. Should you? Ehhh, probably not. If you just want it to play with, you'd probably be better off just buying a bunch of rifled slugs.

Barrel wall thickness size, on 930spx 3rd rev barrel?

I picked up my mossberg 930spx yesterday, and i was wondering if i got the thicker barrel? Mine was built on 6/13/2011. So if any of you guys have one of the thick wall barrels, what is the measurement on the wall of the barrel?

Mine is a little bit over 1/16"...but i used a ruler...sorry i dont have a caliper....

Any info would be appreciated....Thanks

Re: Barrel wall thickness size, on 930spx 3rd rev barrel?

I am sure someone will chime in but there are also some threads that describe the thickeness of the barrel. Sounds like you have the thick barrel though.

Back