• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Choate pistol grip stock.

I'm a new 930 SPX owner and i'm looking for a factory pistol grip stock. I can either trade my factory stock or buy. Any body interested???

Re: Choate pistol grip stock.

Welcome to the forums vczar1!!

Yes, you can swap out your stock for something more to your liking.

We have a special sub-forum for the buying, selling and swapping of hardware: Marketplace » Firearm Accessories For Sale

We also have some rules that require you have at least 30 posts before attempting to buy/sell/trade in the marketplace.

IMPORTANT NOTE: ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WITH http://www.MossbergOwners.com 30 DAYS AND POSTED 30 MESSAGES MAY LEAVE ADS.
PLACING AN AD IN MARKETPLACE

Thanks

DHonovich said:
thanks for posting up your review! once you hit 10 posts you will no longer be a copper BB :twisted: .
I always want to be a copper BB, that way when you read the dumb questions I ask, you will still give me the Newby pass....

No such thing as noobs around here Sir,

We're just a bunch of folks hangin around talkin about our firearms. Some of us have just been in on the conversation a little while longer. Feel free to jump in anywhere and don't hesitate to ask any question you have. We're here to help where we can...

Allright then!! I asked a question in the choke section but no one has replied.
viewtopic.php?p=68168#p68168
Maybe you can help answer something..

What's the difference between the accu-chokes and the accu-mag chokes besides the length and price, and which one is right for a 930 Turkey gun?

Thank you

I've got zero epxerience with chokes or turkey hunting, so I'll have to defer that question to someone else. I'm sure someone who can help will be along shortly...

Mud Pup P said:
Allright then!! I asked a question in the choke section but no one has replied.
viewtopic.php?p=68168#p68168
Maybe you can help answer something..

What's the difference between the accu-chokes and the accu-mag chokes besides the length and price, and which one is right for a 930 Turkey gun?

Thank you

The Accu-Choke choke tubes are what you need for the 500 & 930. Those are shotguns with 3" chambers.
If you buy an aftermarket tube like a Primos, Hunter's Specialties, Carlson's, Tru-Glo, etc., they use the Invector Plus tubes if not specified for the 930.
The Accu-Mag choke tubes are for the 835 & 935 shotguns with the 3 1/2" chambers.

Standard Mossberg 930 spx stock

I am wanting a standard 930 SPX stock, I thought I would like the pistol grip, but I don't...

John

Re: Standard Mossberg 930 spx stock

Howdy jerhelo and welcome to the club.

Thanx for letting us know how you like the pistol grip. We've been wondering if you would. I guess now my minds at ease.
:)

I started my stock cut down project tonight.

I cut off the threads past the nut and was able to lose 5/8" off the length. I did have to hog out the center of the buttpad because of the nut.

I think I'm gonna wind up getting the grind to fit pad from Limbsaver. To those of you that have done this, what size pad did you use?

So I keep reading that it's not possible to make a better stock for the 930 because of the buffer tube. What about the M1014 from Benelli? isn't the setup the same as ours or no? I haven't dug too deep into this and yes I am a noob so any help please would be great. I think I am going to get a 930 SPX PG next month and I am determined to make a position stock for it. I guess we shall see. thanks for the help.

Jon

Welcome aboard!

It's not that it's impossible, just that Mossberg doesn't make one and there aren't any aftermarket manufacturers out there making them yet...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

It's not that it's impossible, just that Mossberg doesn't make one and there aren't any aftermarket manufacturers out there making them yet...

Ok thanks for the reply!! Like I said I will make a multi-position stock for us when I get mine next month. I am skilled with mills and lathe so it shouldn't be too hard. I'll post more info after I get it.

Jon

New to this forum and thought I'd post a little insider info that I got last week. I've been working with Mitch from Mesa Tactical on the issue of sling options for the 930 and received an email from him last week advising that the expected date for the 930 Urbino stock launch is sometime in Feb. of 2013. For those not familiar with the 930 Urbino development, it will come with proprietary field replaceable buffer tube that has been shortened to accomodate the 12 1/2" LoP. It looks like they will be offering a PG as well as standard stock option. The Urbino will by far be the best aftermarket development for the 930 and has been proven on several other platforms. I encourage everybody to email Mesa and share your interest in this project. At the end of the day, money talks and I'm sure that knowing their first production run will be sold out is going to be motivational.

Hello Mossberg 930 owners !

Im new here and wanted to share a "Mossberg Stock Option" moment with all of you.. lol.

I did an overhaul mod with my Hatsan MP-A a little while back and was very happy with the end result, encouraged by the sucess I decided to mod the 930 I picked up last autumn.

As you can see its the RoadBlocker version which I wouldnt normally pick up BUT the price was right, besides I wanted a shotgun with a NON pistol grip setup.

My impressions of the stock 930 was lukewarm. Right from its outrageous & useless front recoil attachment to the 14" LOP one stupid size fits all arms length stock.

And Im not even talking the lack of features for a modern shotgun design like a mag cut off switch, skinny cocking handle, narrow front foregrip, shell lifter finger bite etc. etc...

So anyhow heres a be4 shot with only an Aimpoint, Mesa picatinny rail and an oversized Chocate cocking handle.

DSC06768-1.jpg

Close up of mod items:

DSC06769.jpg

Here it is in scale with the modified Hatsan MP-A:

DSC06778.jpg

Anyhow I addressed the first issue I had which was the 14" LOP.
Not everyone has long arms @ 5' - 7"unless one has monkey arms of which I dont.

BTW: My only application for all my shotguns is for 3 gun, IDPA and IPSC. Hence I needed a short compact stock to take corners and draw up fast without it binding on my shoulder.

There is NO aftermarket short stock for the 930 right now thats in production - so I decided to get another 930 stock and mod it myself. I found out in my research that the 930s have stocks with a higher check piece and decided that would be perfect cause I use glass optics which sits higher on the receiver. Having lucked out in finding one I then chopped off 1-1/2" of stock off it - reducing the LOP to a manageable 12.5" LOP.

Please note the original stock vs. the higher profile stock.
DSC09986.jpg

You will also note that I didnt bother putting the original rubber recoil pad back on it since I use a tac vest thats padded hence no need for the pad. What I did instead was peel off the rubber on the pad and then placed skateboard tape on the back so it wont slide on the tac vest and so far its all good.

This required some refitting(sanding) since the stock was shortened.

DSC09989.jpg

My next mod was getting a side saddle for it. I originally wanted to pick up a Tac Star but didnt like how it looked on the 930. I didnt like the plastic as well so I decided instead with a Mesa Tactical. Im using it also on my 870 and Benelli M4 so why not the 930. As a side note if you own a 930 and decide to install a Mesa side saddle - DO NOT over tighten the screws or the bolt will bind in the receiver causing FTEs to occur.

DSC09988.jpg

As we look to the left part of the 930 you will note that I took out the original foregrip for a Bobcat 930 railed forward grip. I did this because I didnt want to purchase a light mount bracket on the front since the giant recoil thingy is there. This fore end made the 930 a heavy SOB. But what that means for me is that felt recoil will be reduced from that.

Inspite of the added weight to the 930 I found that I can hold the front better being that its far thicker than the stock foregrip. The hand stop on the bottom also locks my hand far better than a AFG grip or vertical grip.

DSC00010_zps31914569.jpg

Added to the rail is a Surefire light and 2 Knights Armament rail covers. Beneath the rail is a Knights Armament hand stop.

DSC09987.jpg

On the front end I placed a Tac Star +3 tube. I gotta say I was surprised that its an alu tube vs. plastic cause thats what I was expecting. I found by adding the +3 tube that the offensive recoil muzzle looked more proportionate to the overall look.

DSC09990.jpg

DSC09993.jpg

Overall I gotta say its looks pretty ninja mall badass. Its not for everyone - I mean that seriously cause I dont think everyone wants to spend more on the accessories than the actual gun itself.

Was it worth it ? Depends on who you ask I suppose - but the Benelli M4 is in that total price range below...

Mossberg 930: $500
All the mods: $1500.00

Does it shoot like a Benelli M4 now? LOL.

Anyhow after all was setup and done, I packed it up and dropped by the gun club for a function test. I used only low brass Winchester 2-3/4" no 7 shot btw.

The test was successful with no FTE or FTF issues.
Here is the You Tube of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhEwbFT9 ... r_embedded

PS: heres some of my other shotguns...and thanxs for viewing !

DSC06788.jpg

Back