• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Joe Zakher responded to my email this morning and will see what he can do to expedite parts up Grech Outdoors. Did not have much to say with respect to the particulars of the situation. However, he did begin his email with a greeting :D and an apology in his opening line. Off to a much better start I'd say.

I hope to hear something once parts are shipped (or confirmed shipped already). At least then I'll know that the parts are headed north.

Hope to update with more good news soon...very soon! :lol:

Hello,

New here to the forum - just posted a hello over in the welcome thread so formalities aside I thought I would make my first post.

I wanted to get a bit of advice on tracking / checking up on a warranty repair before I head in the wrong direction out of the gate or jump the gun (no pun intended - honestly :D ).

I have a new 930 SPX in for warranty work right out of the box. Everything looked good on initial inspection at the counter at Cabelas but, when I spent some quality time with the new purchase while giving it an initial field strip and clean I began to find a few issues such as:

* An off center and canted mag tube extension (that would hang the follower at 5 loaded or only feed two shells before the follower would hang and leave the remaining shells floating in the mag tube when I could get all 7 in - both conditions were intermittent but fairly repeatable)

* Scratches on the mag tube by what felt like a sharp end/burr on the gas system spring inside the barrel lug

* Ding in the crown of the barrel causing distortion in the radius of crown's inner diameter (did not notice that at the counter as I try not to make it a habit of looking down any barrel attached to a receiver).

Anyway, called up Mossberg and they sent me a shipping label right away (very pleased with this) and off it went - arriving on 2/20/2013 at the Mossberg warranty center at Eagle Pass. At this point, the gun has been there for 27 business days or a little under 5.5 weeks.

So, my primary question is - how long should this type of warranty work typically take (assuming maybe a new barrel may have been needed due to the crown ding issue)? Is this amount of time is reasonable for a Mossberg warranty repair for the issues noted above (or in general for that matter)? I really don't want to pester anyone at the repair center and have the gun rushed out the door as I really want it back right and right the first time rather than just returned quickly. I am a patient person and have no problem waiting on quality work.

I appreciate any insights. If at this point I should be calling, is there any one person at the warranty center who the go to person in tracking down status?

Thanks for any replies!

Welcome aboard and sorry to see you're having issues with your new 930.

I wish I could say that you're alone with your particular malfunctions, but sadly you are not. As far as the current turn-around time it varies greatly, but we have a contact at Mossberg that may be able to shed some light on your work order. Send Joe an e-mail with your contact info and serial number...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Joe should be able to share some details and give you some idea of when you can expect to get your 930 back in your hands. Good luck and keep us posted...

Speed addict, hope all goes well for you and I'm curious to see how your situation concludes.

I just contacted Joe Zakher myself and he responded promptly to my inquiry and he has since replied again to my request for updating on expediting of parts up here to Canada.

I'm hopeful that his involvement in my situation and yours will make the difference...

Keep us posted!

Lazy Eyed Sniper and cmcdonald,

Thanks the tip on contacting Joe Zakher and the note on the encouraging experience you have had in dealing with him. I will send him a message and see if he can shed some light on the repair status. I am really hoping the gun is returned with everything fixed and with no new issues or blemishes at the end of the process. I have read some great stories about the outcome of the warranty process and few that were less than great - I hope I land on the "great" side of the experience scale but, I must confess it worries me a bit that "hope" may figure into this equation at all.

I'll see what Joe has to say and see if he will be able firm up my hopes a little ;)

Will keep you all posted!

Horrible Customer Service

Purchased an 835. LARGE and DEEP scratch in receiver OUT OF THE BOX. 4 voicemails, 5 emails, and 6 times on hold for 45+ mins each time, finally get through to customer service.

I have to pay for shipping back to them. Was told AT LEAST 20 business days before they'd be able to inspect. Then would consider sending another-again, I would have to pay for shipping.

Horrible experience. No concern for making customer happy.

Re: Horrible Customer Service

RyeGuy said:
Purchased an 835. LARGE and DEEP scratch in receiver OUT OF THE BOX. 4 voicemails, 5 emails, and 6 times on hold for 45+ mins each time, finally get through to customer service.

I have to pay for shipping back to them. Was told AT LEAST 20 business days before they'd be able to inspect. Then would consider sending another-again, I would have to pay for shipping.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Where did you purchase the gun from? Did you contact them first? Yes, Mossberg is very slow on CS right now due to the volume of purchases but many firearm manufacturers are due to the current anti-gun climate. Not trying to cover for them, that is just the way it is.

Welcome to MO. Enjoy the site. A lot of great info to be had.

RyeGuy said:

Welcome aboard!

Man, that really sucks about the issues you're having. God luck and keep us posted on the situation. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of any firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

RyeGuy said:

sorry to hear about your problem. welcome from NY.

RyeGuy said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Keep us updated on your situation.

RyeGuy said:

Sorry to hear about the issues that you are having, keep after them about it and make them give you what you deserve!

Welcome aboard from Johnstown PA! Enjoy the site!

So still no update from Joe Zakher as to whether parts have been ordered or shipped yet. Grech Outdoors say they ordered parts on Feb. 27th...not sure I believe that.

This seems a mighty slow process for something that was supposed to be a simple repair, take a month to complete and return to me.....and parts were 'allegedly' :lol: ordered over a month ago. Riiiiiiiight..... :lol:

Jeez!

cmcdonald said:
So still no update from Joe Zakher as to whether parts have been ordered or shipped yet. Grech Outdoors say they ordered parts on Feb. 27th...not sure I believe that.

This seems a mighty slow process for something that was supposed to be a simple repair, take a month to complete and return to me.....and parts were 'allegedly' :lol: ordered over a month ago. Riiiiiiiight..... :lol:

Jeez!

could be with all the crazy going on's about gun buying frenzy. :eek:

could be with all the crazy going on's about gun buying frenzy. :eek:

You know, that's a really good point. I hadn't considered that angle. It warrants at least another 24 hours before I blow a gasket!! :lol:

At least I don't have to worry about being without my shotgun...the zombie apocalypse is on break until October 14th!! So sad...what will I watch on Sunday nights now?!? :(

With his track record helping us out, I'd definitely give Joe the benefit of doubt.

He might have taken a few days off for the Easter/Passover holiday. I have no doubt he will get back with you as soon as he's able...

Yup, that's likely.

I'm just anxious to find out if parts are even rolling yet...I really hope so.

Have not heard back from Joe yet myself. I sent an email note to him on Monday of this week. Hope to hear something soon. Fingers are crossed. I am actually on a business trip this week to Austin, TX - about 200 miles or so from Eagle Pass - if I were only a bit closer I would just drive over there and check on my SPX in person LOL :lol:

Back