• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Outstanding!

Thanks for the update and be sure to keep us posted. Looking forward to your report of a new barrel at your door...

Re: Negative experience with service, hope it gets better >>

VBVAGUY said:
VBVAGUY said:
As you know in my other post I contacted Mossberg Customer Service letting them know I need to return my NEW rifle for repairs. That was on Wednesday January 3, 2013. The person I spoke to said that I would be receiving a FEDEX label in the next day or 2. I waited. Nothing. So the following Monday I called. I told them that I still have not received the FEDEX label. Again the person said that I would get it by the end of the day. I waited. Nothing. I went to their website and used their Contact page to leave them a message again stating the problem, etc. The next day Tuesday I called again around 8am EST and the same person said that he would call me back within 20 minutes. I waited. Nothing. I called again in the afternoon and left a voicemail message stating my problem and that I was still waiting for a FEDEX label. I waited. Nothing. By now you would be very disappointed as I was as I was never contacted back. I know they are busy, but do they not have a system to document and capture calls, emails, etc. if not, they need to get something such as http://www.issuetrak.com. Well on Wednesday I called again at around 8am EST and the same person answered the phone, he remembered me. I told him that I still did not receive the FEDEX label. He told me to hold and to check my email. SUCCESS !!! Finally it was there !!! Now I need to box it up and send it in. I hope that this experience is not indicative of the service that people receive or how my new rifle will be repaired. I guess we will see. Sorry for the rant. :D

Well I called today just trying to see if they received it since it has been over a week now. They said that according to their logs YES they received it, however they have not worked on it yet. They said that since they have a backlog that it will take longer than the regular 7-10 days. Sigh ......I have no choice but to wait. I just hope they fix it quickly and that I do not have any more problems with it since it is a BRAND NEW rifle that I have not even shot yet. In fact it still has the dealer tags on it that I even sent it in with !!! God Bless :D

Well I called Mossberg CS yesterday and they told me that my Mossberg 464 SPX had been repaired and sent back to me. They also gave me a FEDEX tracking number. I should receive it on Tuesday. What is strange is that I had requested to know what was repaired or replaced and David the person I spoke with told me that they did not indicate what was repaired or replaced. However he said that they noted that they had shot 12 rounds of 30-30 ammo through it before sending it back to me. I really wished they would have indicated what the problem was and what was performed to resolve it. Anyways it is great to know it is on its way back to me. Just about a month turn-around time, not the greatest, but if it is fixed completely without any more problems, than I am happy. God Bless :D

Good to see that your rifle is on the way back!

Keep us posted once you receive it. We're looking forward to reading about a successful and issue free range trip...

So I received my new barrel from Mossberg this weekend. I was very pleasantly surprised that it had gotten there on time and excitedly opened up the package only to be dissapointed to see that the new barrel they had sent me (pictured on the left) was missing the detent ball which secures the magazine cap into the tube.

Because of that I didn't even bother cleaning the grease off the inside of the barrel, which again had some rust on the inside where the barrel connects to the receiver, though it was very light and would probably easily come off when cleaned.

It looks to me like just a really half-assed job in building this barrel. Even the brazing looks sloppy like they just threw this thing together in a hurry.

Pretty dissapointed... David in Customer Service had e-mailed me a pre-paid shipping label via e-mail so I have responded to his e-mail with this photo and asking them to re-send me another barrel, this time one that is actually finished.

Attachments

• newbarrel.jpg
    newbarrel.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 410
I'm still waiting for a magazine endcap and spring about 4 weeks ago. When I ordered it I swear I was told 7-10 days. Called back at day 10 and was told 3-4 more weeks. Not that I need it right away but that seems like a long time for a 930 mag cap and spring. Hopefully, I'll have it by the end of next week.

Got an e-mail response from David in Customer Service, he apologized and said they'll be sending me yet another barrel in the mail. Hopefully 3rd times the charm!

Man, I would be out of my mind by now!

It's good to see they're at least being responsive, that's more that many folks get from them on occasion. Keep us posted...again...

Re: Negative experience with service, hope it gets better >>

VBVAGUY said:
VBVAGUY said:
VBVAGUY said:
As you know in my other post I contacted Mossberg Customer Service letting them know I need to return my NEW rifle for repairs. That was on Wednesday January 3, 2013. The person I spoke to said that I would be receiving a FEDEX label in the next day or 2. I waited. Nothing. So the following Monday I called. I told them that I still have not received the FEDEX label. Again the person said that I would get it by the end of the day. I waited. Nothing. I went to their website and used their Contact page to leave them a message again stating the problem, etc. The next day Tuesday I called again around 8am EST and the same person said that he would call me back within 20 minutes. I waited. Nothing. I called again in the afternoon and left a voicemail message stating my problem and that I was still waiting for a FEDEX label. I waited. Nothing. By now you would be very disappointed as I was as I was never contacted back. I know they are busy, but do they not have a system to document and capture calls, emails, etc. if not, they need to get something such as http://www.issuetrak.com. Well on Wednesday I called again at around 8am EST and the same person answered the phone, he remembered me. I told him that I still did not receive the FEDEX label. He told me to hold and to check my email. SUCCESS !!! Finally it was there !!! Now I need to box it up and send it in. I hope that this experience is not indicative of the service that people receive or how my new rifle will be repaired. I guess we will see. Sorry for the rant. :D

Well I called today just trying to see if they received it since it has been over a week now. They said that according to their logs YES they received it, however they have not worked on it yet. They said that since they have a backlog that it will take longer than the regular 7-10 days. Sigh ......I have no choice but to wait. I just hope they fix it quickly and that I do not have any more problems with it since it is a BRAND NEW rifle that I have not even shot yet. In fact it still has the dealer tags on it that I even sent it in with !!! God Bless :D

Well I called Mossberg CS yesterday and they told me that my Mossberg 464 SPX had been repaired and sent back to me. They also gave me a FEDEX tracking number. I should receive it on Tuesday. What is strange is that I had requested to know what was repaired or replaced and David the person I spoke with told me that they did not indicate what was repaired or replaced. However he said that they noted that they had shot 12 rounds of 30-30 ammo through it before sending it back to me. I really wished they would have indicated what the problem was and what was performed to resolve it. Anyways it is great to know it is on its way back to me. Just about a month turn-around time, not the greatest, but if it is fixed completely without any more problems, than I am happy. God Bless :D

Praise God in the highest !!! I received my Mossberg 464 SPX back from being repaired. However they did not leave any note or explanation as to what was broke or been repaired. Oh well just as long as it is completely repaired for good and nothing else goes wrong I will be very happy with it. I will go shoot it this weekend and will give a range report. God Bless :)

Contacting Mossberg

Is anyone else having trouble getting through?

I called twice today, first one said 4 minute wait. Second one said 7 minute wait. I held for over 20 minutes both times, and no one ever picked up.

Just curious if anyone else couldn't through today.

avery

It might depend on what time you call... a few times I tried, it would give me an "all circuits are busy" message. Just kept calling and eventually you'll get through to someone.

Persistance :)

Success! Today, I received what is now the 3rd barrel I've had since buying my 590A1 in January.

This one has no rust whatsoever in the barrel. This, my friends, is how a brand new barrel should look like:

The safety detent was not forgotten this time, and the brazing doesn't look like it was done by a 3 year-old.

The end result is high grade awesome with a healthy dose of kick-ass.

So I'll be sending one of the two defective barrels back to Mossberg now. They have only sent me the shipping label for one of the returns, but I'm glad they honored their warranty and stood by their product.

Attachments

• newbarrel1.jpg
    newbarrel1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 547
  • newbarrel2.jpg
    newbarrel2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 547
  • newbarrel3.jpg
    newbarrel3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 547
Nice Comarade!

Sorry to see it took so long, but at least they got you fixed up. I'm lookin forward to your range report...

Yeah, David was pretty good the whole way through. I would consider this customer service experience an 8.5 out of 10, but the QC at their factory is very disappointing. I would still say it's worth the hassle just to have such a well designed shotgun though. For the sake of the reputation of their brand and the sanity of consumers a little less patient than me, I really hope they get their act together.

Range report will be up soon :)

Re: Contacting Mossberg

avery53 said:
Is anyone else having trouble getting through?

I called twice today, first one said 4 minute wait. Second one said 7 minute wait. I held for over 20 minutes both times, and no one ever picked up.

Just curious if anyone else couldn't through today.

avery
Yeah...same crap with me, but am on to their games.....when they do that hang up and call
again.....delt with these fools on my first 590a1 and now the same crap with my other 590a1...they
are first class jokes!!!

And always remember to ask for their names, and get a Sales Order # when they are going to send you any replacement parts. They won't have a tracking # immediately available for you, but be sure to ask the person to write down your e-mail address and send you some kind of sales order acknowledgement so that if you need to contact that individual again, you can do so via e-mail as another avenue for communication.

Today I finally received the mag cap and spring I ordered for my JM 930. Ordered a stock 930, 5 shot cap and spring to convert down from 9+1 just in case.

Ordered them 1/16/13, received them 3/8/13.

Yeah, me too, LES. Came from a company in TX, not Mossberg. Glad it wasn't something I "needed". But I want to shot it in other situations other than 3-gun. So it is an easy mod to make. Can use it to bird hunt with a plug now if I want without needing an 18" dowel rod...LOL...

Back