• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Re: Just bought my 715t today, it's my first Mossberg

welcome from NY.

I live in upstate NY and so upset at this time. I had a 715t on order. But as of yesterdays bullshit my order has been canceled. I so hate this state right now.

Sorry to see that man, we feel for ya.

You might wanna check out this post from our board owner...

DHonovich said:
OK. Someone is starting to take action:

Lawyer : Jim Tresmond, Attorney in Buffalo, New York. Attorney phone is 716.202.4301

Successfully represented clients in the past on Second Amendment issues in NYS Supreme Court. This case is pro-bono for all the gun owners of New York. According to Mr. Tresmond the new ban is illegal as it is an ex-facto law taking away previously owned property and he intends to file this action in Federal Court.

We are looking for as many as possible to add to CLASS ACTION CASE:

SEND Your Name and EMAIL ADDRESS and phone number to:

psacco1@twcny.rr.com
WE ARE COLLECTING AS MANY AS POSSIBLE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!

Hello all, picked up a 715T Flat top with red dot about a week ago. I have no strength and very limited range of motion after being in a cast and sling for 6 weeks for a broken wrist and dislocated shoulder, so I thought I wouldn't get to test it out until I had a few more weeks of physical therapy under my belt. Today I decided I needed to try it out. I took it and my newly acquired Ruger SR9C to a local range. I, like many others am having trouble with the 25 rd mag taking more than 10 or 11 rounds, but I managed to get it loaded to full capacity, but it wasn't easy. I'm hoping it will free up as it gets used more, especially since I ordered 3 more from Mossberg, lol. I experienced a few jambs, one I believe was my own fault because I was using the round to push down on the other rounds in the magazine when I was trying to load it. The red dot was NOWHERE near being sighted in, but I was more concerned about pumping a couple hundred break-in rounds through it more than sighting it in. I like shooting the gun, it's really fun. In the stall next to us, there was a guy and his young son (maybe 10-12), they were firing some sort of range rental gun and I noticed the kid eyeballing the 715T while I was loading the magazine. I leaned over to his dad and asked him if it would be ok if his son where to give the rifle a try. He like it a lot and after he shot through the 25 rounds, his dad had him pose for a few cell phone pictures. I shot about 150 rounds and the kid shot 25. I'm looking forward to more range time and getting it sighted in. Oh, I also really enjoyed my new SR9C. I put about 100 rounds through it and it shoots real nice.

Greetings all! I recently purchased a 715t ($345 NIB out the door from a dealer at a gun show) -

It's a fun plinkster to be sure. I have no issues with the function and it can hold a few accessories to make it look tacticool (as well as useful in dispatching nocturnal varmints). But...

I was not happy with the red dot sight that came with it. The dot was at best a distorted blob that I can't find a way to focus (dot looks like a backward "L") that washed out in ordinary daylight. Plus it was adjusted way low and left. I didn't mess with it because I wasn't keen on keeping it and I ordered a different new optic. So I took it off and put the iron sights on. They too are low and left. I am maxed out on the rear adjustment to get it centered. I mean there is no room for further adjustment. No real concern because I have a new optic coming. New optic (Red/Green crosshair scope 3.5X-10X zoom with red laser pointer) arrives and I install it and guess what? Yep...low and left. I sure wish the top rail was adjustable as I think mine is oriented slightly high and right causing every strike to be low and left. Has anyone else experienced this and I guess more immportantly is there a way to adjust the rail on these guns? I am guessing there is not since it is molded in. All the sighting in and shooting has been at 20-25 yards (to get an initial zero) using Remington Thunderbolt, .22 long rifle, lead round nose, 40 grain (which should have ~5.6" drop @100 yards when sighted @ 50 yards). Greater distances than 25 yards have not been shot so I can't comment on trajectory variations (however, I suspect the too far left will still hold true and I expect it to still be lower than the crosshairs show and adjustments allow). Does anyone have a tip or trick that would be an easy fix? I considered trying to shim the optic by placing plastic or thin metal in the right rear between the rail and optic. Any recommendations on shim thickness (i.e., 1/32" shim = XX inches of variation @ 50 yards, etc.) or sepcific item as material to make the shim from (i.e., trimmed down hacksaw blade, etc.)? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

715t.png

Dysfunctional said:
Greetings all! I recently purchased a 715t ($345 NIB out the door from a dealer at a gun show) -

It's a fun plinkster to be sure. I have no issues with the function and it can hold a few accessories to make it look tacticool (as well as useful in dispatching nocturnal varmints). But...

I was not happy with the red dot sight that came with it. The dot was at best a distorted blob that I can't find a way to focus (dot looks like a backward "L") that washed out in ordinary daylight. Plus it was adjusted way low and left. I didn't mess with it because I wasn't keen on keeping it and I ordered a different new optic. So I took it off and put the iron sights on. They too are low and left. I am maxed out on the rear adjustment to get it centered. I mean there is no room for further adjustment. No real concern because I have a new optic coming. New optic (Red/Green crosshair scope 3.5X-10X zoom with red laser pointer) arrives and I install it and guess what? Yep...low and left. I sure wish the top rail was adjustable as I think mine is oriented slightly high and right causing every strike to be low and left. Has anyone else experienced this and I guess more immportantly is there a way to adjust the rail on these guns? I am guessing there is not since it is molded in. All the sighting in and shooting has been at 20-25 yards (to get an initial zero) using Remington Thunderbolt, .22 long rifle, lead round nose, 40 grain (which should have ~5.6" drop @100 yards when sighted @ 50 yards). Greater distances than 25 yards have not been shot so I can't comment on trajectory variations (however, I suspect the too far left will still hold true and I expect it to still be lower than the crosshairs show and adjustments allow). Does anyone have a tip or trick that would be an easy fix? I considered trying to shim the optic by placing plastic or thin metal in the right rear between the rail and optic. Any recommendations on shim thickness (i.e., 1/32" shim = XX inches of variation @ 50 yards, etc.) or sepcific item as material to make the shim from (i.e., trimmed down hacksaw blade, etc.)? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

715t.png
Am I reading this correctly - 3 optics (factory red dot, factory(?) iron sights and an aftermarket scope ) ALL Shooting low left and all were maxed out on elevation and windage? If that is the case the gun is defective and not just slightly - I would send it back to the factory for warranty work. It also sounds like you should have a new red dot coming as the reticle sounds seriously out of whack. If you accept the gun as-is you are going to be shimming yourself crazy for the life of the gun AND it will affect the resale value as well. Heck - I would not buy it from you, period. WTS one used 715 only 750 rounds only a little crooked. Special feature - able to shoot around corners! OBO. Get it made right, seriously!

Hello All,
First time poster. Picked up a carry handle version a few weeks ago and have put 400 rounds or so though it and all is well. One exception is that the sights are adjusted so high when I zeroed it that the scope rail on top of the carry handle is in the way of my line of sight. Also, it seems some have shortened the forend by a couple inches or so. I've searched the forum but don't find any tutorials or info on how this was done. Anybody able to help with this info? Enjoy the info sharing on the forum a lot. Hope to contribute some time.

mingaa said:
Am I reading this correctly - 3 optics (factory red dot, factory(?) iron sights and an aftermarket scope ) ALL Shooting low left and all were maxed out on elevation and windage? If that is the case the gun is defective and not just slightly - I would send it back to the factory for warranty work. It also sounds like you should have a new red dot coming as the reticle sounds seriously out of whack. If you accept the gun as-is you are going to be shimming yourself crazy for the life of the gun AND it will affect the resale value as well. Heck - I would not buy it from you, period. WTS one used 715 only 750 rounds only a little crooked. Special feature - able to shoot around corners! OBO. Get it made right, seriously!

Yep, all 3 left & low. I figured it was just the plastic shell with molded rail that is whack, and yes, I have considered returning it to the dealer or Mossberg for warranty issues. But first I wanted to make sure it wasn't "something special" I was doing or overlooking. As for resale value, um...I would have to want to be parting with it first. And I wouldn't pass a defective firearm on to anybody.

First time poster and brand new member here on the Mossberg forum. I have been lurking and reading ever since, I recieved my new tacticool 715T as a Christmas gift from my loving wife to play little brother to my existing ar and still growing gun collection in general. She was also considerate enough to also purchase a 1400 round bucket of Rem Golden Bullets to go with my new baby. I am really happy with this new rifle after adding a CenterPoint 3x9 scope she is a squirell hunters dream. So far everything has been great and she seems to digest anything I stuff in the mag from CCI minimags to Fed bulk and my all time favorite the good old Rem golden bullets. So far I have put around 350 rounds through her and really get a blast out of seeing how fast I can empty the mag. :D Just need to get a couple of new 25 round mags and I will be set up to go.

Dysfunctional said:
mingaa said:

Yep, all 3 left & low. I figured it was just the plastic shell with molded rail that is whack, and yes, I have considered returning it to the dealer or Mossberg for warranty issues. But first I wanted to make sure it wasn't "something special" I was doing or overlooking. As for resale value, um...I would have to want to be parting with it first. And I wouldn't pass a defective firearm on to anybody.
Well unless you mounted all 3 very different optics in the same 'incorrect' way it REALLY sounds like the gun and as the rail is cast as part of the shell (correct?) there is no way for you to do a fix - get it repaired under warranty. My point about selling the gun was simply to drive home the point that you have a DEFECTIVE gun. I'd talk to Mossberg ASAP and set it up.

NismoGriff said:
Hello all, picked up a 715T Flat top with red dot about a week ago. I have no strength and very limited range of motion after being in a cast and sling for 6 weeks for a broken wrist and dislocated shoulder, so I thought I wouldn't get to test it out until I had a few more weeks of physical therapy under my belt. Today I decided I needed to try it out. I took it and my newly acquired Ruger SR9C to a local range. I, like many others am having trouble with the 25 rd mag taking more than 10 or 11 rounds, but I managed to get it loaded to full capacity, but it wasn't easy. I'm hoping it will free up as it gets used more, especially since I ordered 3 more from Mossberg, lol. I experienced a few jambs, one I believe was my own fault because I was using the round to push down on the other rounds in the magazine when I was trying to load it. The red dot was NOWHERE near being sighted in, but I was more concerned about pumping a couple hundred break-in rounds through it more than sighting it in. I like shooting the gun, it's really fun. In the stall next to us, there was a guy and his young son (maybe 10-12), they were firing some sort of range rental gun and I noticed the kid eyeballing the 715T while I was loading the magazine. I leaned over to his dad and asked him if it would be ok if his son where to give the rifle a try. He like it a lot and after he shot through the 25 rounds, his dad had him pose for a few cell phone pictures. I shot about 150 rounds and the kid shot 25. I'm looking forward to more range time and getting it sighted in. Oh, I also really enjoyed my new SR9C. I put about 100 rounds through it and it shoots real nice.

Welcome aboard Nismo!

Glad to see you're enjoying your new rifle and sharing the experience with the next generation of shooters. Good luck with your PT and keep us posted on those mags...

Pagan said:
Hello All,
First time poster. Picked up a carry handle version a few weeks ago and have put 400 rounds or so though it and all is well. One exception is that the sights are adjusted so high when I zeroed it that the scope rail on top of the carry handle is in the way of my line of sight. Also, it seems some have shortened the forend by a couple inches or so. I've searched the forum but don't find any tutorials or info on how this was done. Anybody able to help with this info? Enjoy the info sharing on the forum a lot. Hope to contribute some time.

Welcome aboard!

Can't help you with the forearm mod, but isn't the carry handle scope rail removeable? I'd pull it off to get it out of the way of your iron sights...

OkieOutlaw said:
First time poster and brand new member here on the Mossberg forum. I have been lurking and reading ever since, I recieved my new tacticool 715T as a Christmas gift from my loving wife to play little brother to my existing ar and still growing gun collection in general. She was also considerate enough to also purchase a 1400 round bucket of Rem Golden Bullets to go with my new baby. I am really happy with this new rifle after adding a CenterPoint 3x9 scope she is a squirell hunters dream. So far everything has been great and she seems to digest anything I stuff in the mag from CCI minimags to Fed bulk and my all time favorite the good old Rem golden bullets. So far I have put around 350 rounds through her and really get a blast out of seeing how fast I can empty the mag. :D Just need to get a couple of new 25 round mags and I will be set up to go.

Congrats on the new rifle and the wonderful wife!

Good to see they're both treating you well. Good luck with finding additional mags...

mingaa said:
Dysfunctional said:
mingaa said:

Well unless you mounted all 3 very different optics in the same 'incorrect' way it REALLY sounds like the gun and as the rail is cast as part of the shell (correct?) there is no way for you to do a fix - get it repaired under warranty. My point about selling the gun was simply to drive home the point that you have a DEFECTIVE gun. I'd talk to Mossberg ASAP and set it up.

Following these posts it seems to me that the top rail is out of line with the bore axis. If something inside the shell is out of spec, say a bulge or bow in the plastic molding, it could be pushing the 702 receiver and barrel off to one direction. Could just be a loose fitting that isn't holding the 702 receiver in the proper place. Either way, this could contribute to your accuracy issues. I'd look for any abnormality or uneven surface, particularly in the left side rear or right side front of your shell...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard Nismo!

Glad to see you're enjoying your new rifle and sharing the experience with the next generation of shooters. Good luck with your PT and keep us posted on those mags...

Thanks for the welcome! It was pretty cool watching the expression on the kids face. Starting next week I'm being forced to take a leave of absence from work while I rehab the shoulder. Wish I could buy mags off the shelf, I could have her good and broke in by the time I get back to work ;)

Mossberg you guys are great. I ordered my 715t flat top before all this NY bullshit started. And because of ordering before this i get my gun tomorrow night! I still hate living in NY.

Back