• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Paint Jobs

http://instagram.com/p/V3KyHekNVH/
V3KyHekNVH

hopefully one of those worked or its just the link... first post, just got finished with it tonight used the krylon for plastic

I have made some progress I thought I would share with the forum. I have 3 colors done, and now just need to add some black highlights. I think it is going to turn out pretty well for my first attempt at this! Thoughts?

Attachments

• Paint2.jpg
    Paint2.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 2,696
That is looking pretty sweet. I cant wait to see the finished product. I cant decide if I want to paint mine or not.

Now I am conflicted if I should add black, or keep it as is. My coworker says the more I do to it the better chance to screw it up. Thoughts?? Bueller? Bueller?

Attachments

• paint3.1.jpg
    paint3.1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 942
ncavara said:
Now I am conflicted if I should add black, or keep it as is. My coworker says the more I do to it the better chance to screw it up. Thoughts?? Bueller? Bueller?
Keep going... It could use some dark accents, imo

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

btucker2003 said:
ncavara said:

Keep going... It could use some dark accents, imo

I agree. I think some black would provide good contrast. Either way it still looks good.

All right, folks! So here she is! I think she turned out pretty good for my first attempt at this sort of thing. You guys were right about the black, though. It does add some nice depth. Overall, I am pretty happy with the project, and now to get some optics and accessories! :p

Attachments

• PaintFinal.jpg
    PaintFinal.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 900
Nice job on the digi .....for anyone wanting to do a digital paint job start with your lightest color first then mask and go next lightest and so on light thin coats works best.....I've used rustolium camo paints on these composites with great succees aswell as krylon flat camo paints just do not mix the 2....

Haven't painted my 715t flattop yet but have done a bunch of paintball markers like this one

IMG_20120504_110450.jpg

IMG_20120504_090135.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell pics

ncavara said:
All right, folks! So here she is! I think she turned out pretty good for my first attempt at this sort of thing. You guys were right about the black, though. It does add some nice depth. Overall, I am pretty happy with the project, and now to get some optics and accessories! :p

Looks amazing! Well done. That must have taken you a long time to do and your hard work paid off!

So what's the consensus paint one uses for doing this? Walmart, krylon, ..., ? TIA finally gonna make it happen.

Yes but choose either krylon or rustolium don't mix the two both work flawlessly by themselves but mix the two and they won't cure properly

eavery said:
Yes but choose either krylon or rustolium don't mix the two both work flawlessly by themselves but mix the two and they won't cure properly
Is there a particular kinda krylon to use?

My preference is rustolium camo as there r lots of flat colors ....krylon also has a camo specific flat paint works good just not as many colors in my area

Back