• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Accessories...

adding a foregrip to the Mossberg 715T

A friend of mine told me that foregrips are illegal to attach to the picaniny quad. Is that true? Does anyone know where I can find out information on this law, either Federal or PA state.

thanks,

Dave

Re: adding a foregrip to the Mossberg 715T

As far as federal restrictions go, there is no law prohibiting the addition of a foregrip to the 715t .22lr rifle. The only instance where adding a foregrip becomes unlawful according to NFA regs. is if you are adding it to a firearm classified as a pistol.

I know we've got some members here from PA, so I hope they'll drop in to shed some light on the particulars in your area. For definitive clarification on PA state regs. I would contact your local BATFE office...

Division Contact Information
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Philadelphia Field Division
601 Walnut Street, Suite 1000E
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania19106USA
Voice (215) 446-7800
Fax (215) 446-7811
PhilDiv@atf.gov

Re: Bipod

There's a whole slew of them on E Bay which are fine for .22"s
Many have that Harris style for under $30.
You'll want one that goes high enough to clear the length of the 25rd mag.

Re: Bipod

^ Good point Bbq.

I've got a 9-13" Caldwell bipod that works great with ARs and has plenty of extension to clear the mags when shooting from a bench...

Tactical Sling

Ive got the 715T flat top with adjustable stock. Im looking to put a single point sling onto it. What kind of bracket or mount would i need to attach it to the rear stock? Thanks!

Re: Tactical Sling

I seen photos , somewhere , where the fella used the tube bolt and rigged up his own swivel for a one point sling.
Theres also a velcro strap with a swivel that goes around the tube.
I'll see if I can find some references.

The Viking Tactical single point sling (about $25 on sale for the non-bungee model) has 3 different mounting options, one of which is a simple strap affair.
If you ream a hole in the strap, you can put the tube bolt through it (as mentioned above) and it works great.

Thanks for the refrences Bbqznbeer. Id prefer to mount something steel rather than velcro just for sturdyness purpose. there is a small ring in front of the rear stock bolt. I wasnt sure if this was for an actual sling mount though. Any ideas?

colonelchimp said:
well i have found a great use for the hollow buffer tube, i fitted a survival kit into it, which contains some very basic needs should you get stuck in the woods, it contains a small fishing kit, a small version of the ferro rod, some cotton wool and alcohol wipes for fire lighting, a small sewing kit , snare wire, (useful for loads more things than just snares) safety pins, and a few other odds to fill up the insert which it is stored in, also around the storage tube i have wound some electrical tape which itself has a million uses, and to make an end cap/insert plug, i put a small button compass which shows in the end of the stock so it can be used without the need for the insert to be removed, the whole thing is a wedge fit so it doesnt fall out, just pry it out with the point of a knife or something and hey presto a kit that goes wherever you and the rifle goes! it's not very exciting to look at so wont bother with a picture unless you want one, it does not add anything you would notice to the weight of the gun, and it is nice to know that you always have the means to make a warming fire etc when out in the bush, because after all, you just never know when you will need a kit like this, so having it right on you all the time means it never gets left behind!, also to supplement it, i have a loaded 10 round mag a small folding knife and a lighter in the pouch on the side of the stock, cant tell you how much i love this little rifle, just gets better and better, cheers, Dave
what did you use for the storage tube?

An idea for a sling mount that I'm going to try here in a few days...

A thin piece of metal, like a mounting bracket
A longer bolt for the stock pin
A very small garden locking d-ring (I have one that is about the width of a bic pen insert and about the size of the rim of a 1/2 tbs measuring spoon)

If your mounting bracket has more than two holes and is long, cut the excess off. Then bend it out to a 45 angle and mount it to the longer pin. Then the locking ring, I suggest a locking because non locking can come open if your sling bounces right. That's all there is to it, not a big idea, or hard, but I bet it will work, and I'll post up pics for it when I get it done.

Re: which grip to buy

Hey man, let's think realistic before we go overboard...its just a .22

Now with that said and to answer your questions....
NO Acog; red dot would do the same as an open reflex but cheaper.
Search walmart and amazon and ebay for your cheaper option accesories, however try and get "good" priced equipment as I am a big believer in you get what you pay for.
Also try and get an 7 position forgrip, you'll thank me later. Lol

I say ALL of this because I had a GSG-522 and paid 500 out the door for it. I (within 2 months) paid over 800 in accessories. Mostly ALL magpul and high priced stuff thinking of switching to my other weapons. However my 22 was stolen along with everything else on it and I have nothing to show for it.

Re: which grip to buy

ok even though its a .22 have you seen what everyone elses look like in the accessories page.... we just want that tactical look. obviously im not going to put some 500$ scope on it. on amazon they have a 5 point adjustable grip too. and i didnt pay 500 out the door for mine either. and why no acog if it can be found for a cheap price.

Back