• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My HD 88 with minimum changes

Morgan

.22LR
"Keep it Simple." This is, in my opinion, what a Home Defense weapon should be. Just wanted to share my Maverick 88 for HD and some minimal changes.

500 action tube and forearm;
Masen heat shield;
Truglo front sight
Butt stock ammo holder

Attachments

• 091 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    091 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 418
  • 093 (640x480).jpg
    093 (640x480).jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 406
Re: My 88 with minimum changes

Nice 88 Morgan! how much shooting have you done with that truglo front sight? I bought one for my H&R Topper and it lasted about 2 days before I broke the fiber optic insert?

Looks good to me. I may pop for one of those forend straps myself. Take care. Tom Worthington.

aksavanaman said:
Nice 88 Morgan! how much shooting have you done with that truglo front sight? I bought one for my H&R Topper and it lasted about 2 days before I broke the fiber optic insert?

Popped it on just before I took the pics, will let you all know after I wring it out. Good sight picture hope I have better luck than You........km

Nice Job Morgan! I'm a big believer in the keep it simple philosophy.

MikeD said:
Nice Job Morgan! I'm a big believer in the keep it simple philosophy.

^^this Looks great and functional.

I hope you have better luck with that sight than I did as well.

nice job,simple and functional,,,,looking good. :D

Simple is what works when the chips are down. That's what I subscribe to.

Thanks Morgan for the look. Nice 88 for sure.

My 88 with minimum changes

It needs a LED light so you can identify your target before firing. Since you have a heat shield on your 88 I'm not you can put light on it. I tried a light that clipped onto my barrel but it popped off after firing a few low recoil 00 buckshot rounds. I did some research and I bought a LaserLyte tri-rail and have a Streamlight TLR-2 light. The TLR-2 light has a laser but I just use the light. Perhaps a CDM Gear MTR rail would work instead.

http://www.cdmgear.com/

Very nice 88. Count me as another keep is simple fan.

Great gun Morgan! Simple is always best!

12 guage shooter.......The forend straps can be found on Ebay. I put that on one my guns but I made it myself.
A piece of old nylon tactical belt material I had laying around and a 4 very short screws and 4 washers from Home Depot.
I used a soldering iron to burn the screw holes into the belt material.
If you are handy it is a fun 30 minute project.

Back