• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger

tcecil88 said:
That is awesome. I have to say I like Ruger revolvers better than others.
I can already shoot it better than that stupid Glock I bought. Standing 20ish yards, first time ever shooting a 454, I was nailing playing cards. I broke out the 10mm and shot all around it but never hit it.....I am getting sick of the Glock to be honest. I don’t want to get rid of it but I all but given up on it in the precision department, love the 10, if it wasn’t in 10 I would let it go……..

Revolvers are inherently more accurate than autos, less moving parts, better triggers and such. The Alaskan weighs a whole lot more so it is more steady in the hand and thus more forgiving to shoot. The Hogue grip that is on there is the same one as on mine. The one my Super Redhawk fits my hand like it was made for me personally, which makes it easier to be more accurate.
Use and enjoy your Glock 29 for what it is, an awesomely powerful close range self defense weapon capable of 1/4-1/2 MOH (Minute of Human) and leave the truly accurate stuff to a finely crafted revolver like the Alaskan. :D

I dunno man, I think oli's just spoiled by that fancy trigger on his CZ. :D

Get to know the trigger and you'll put the shots where you want them...

I agree with the trigger statement. I am still learning my Sig P250 triggers. I don't get to shoot like I want, so I do alot of dry fire.

man I got about 400+ through it.....I know its me, because even the slightest rest and I am on....still a touch left, no matter how much I concentrate on it ,a larger percent of my shots land left but that trigger or my grip is getting the better of me. I am good enough with it for what I got it for but I want to be little better and I can’t cross over to the next degree of accuracy with it.....I need to shoot with someone who shoots Glocks better than me that can help tell me what I am doing wrong...I am thinking about a laser trainer because I am feeling a little OCD about it….or loading 500 light loads and develop some muscle memory in a day

Well oli,

If you ever get down this way we'll hit the range. Until then, give it a little less finger across the trigger and see how that does. If you shoot the CZ with the crease, try shooting the Glock with the pad and work your way back until you find the sweet spot. The problem with shooting multiple platforms is in the adjustment from one to the other. Results may vary...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Well oli,

If you ever get down this way we'll hit the range. Until then, give it a little less finger across the trigger and see how that does. If you shoot the CZ with the crease, try shooting the Glock with the pad and work your way back until you find the sweet spot. The problem with shooting multiple platforms is in the adjustment from one to the other. Results may vary...
I appreciate the pointers, I really need to get serious about finger placement, hard to teach a dog new tricks sometimes….it would be great to go shooting some day

...depends on how hungry the dog is. ;)

Believe me brother, next time I'm in the PNW I'm giving you a call...

imagesCAHU3MHI.jpg

sounds good

DHonovich said:
Nice; my fiance is bugging me to order her the lcp and lcr.

Has she shot an LCP yet?

If not you might find a place that'll rent one and have her try to get through a 50rd box. She might change her mind after that. I can only get throug about half a box before I want to throw the damn thing down range. My wife stole this LCP from me and loves to carry it due to the size and weight, but she hates shoot'n it too. Don't have any time behind an LCR, but I imagine the it might be a little bit better though...

I shot my LCP last Friday. I got through a half box and decided it was not any fun to shoot. Not bad accuracy, I could keep 'em in the torso area of my target at 20 yards. The takedown pin was walking out the first 10 or so shots. I would shove it back in and it would walk back out. Finally got it to stay in after round # 12 or so. The little pistol never missed a beat and all four of my mags worked, even the cheaper Pro-Mag ones I have.

It definitely does what it's supposed to.

I had that pin walking issue at first too, but it stopped after a while...

I actually got to handle a Ruger Alaskan .44 the other day at the LGS. All I can say is, :eek: :shock: :eek:
That is one of the coolest guns I have ever handled. Brand new stainless for $800. It felt better in my hand than my S&W 329NG does, probably because I like the weight of it. Now there is another gun on my list of guns I want, but probably never get.
I found a new SP101 for $600, but did not want to spend that much.

tcecil88 said:
I actually got to handle a Ruger Alaskan .44 the other day at the LGS. All I can say is, :eek: :shock: :eek:
That is one of the coolest guns I have ever handled.

The Alaskan is a nice gun. I know how you feel, I shot one in .454 about a year ago and have been wanting one ever since.

.41 Mag Blackhawk I bought in 2000. I know it's not a real popular caliber and ammo is a little pricey, but I love this gun. More loads have been coming available in the last year. Up to 265 grain from Buffalo Bore, and a nice 240 grain platinum hollow point from Winchester, among others, and prices are slowly coming down. With the Hogue grips, even my little bitty sister in law can shoot it.

Ruger.jpg

WOW Gunny, she's gorgeous!

That's a good lookin rig too. I've been droolin over a .41mag S&W PC 657 at my LGS. It's a twin to my PC 629 and I've been having a hard time talkin myself out of it lately...

Back