• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Congrats Joe!

Those old combos are pretty cool. Don't know much about them though other than seeing them for sale on occasion...

Picked up a 18 inch police barrel for my 870.

Now I need to come across some surplus police wood furniture for it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373425612.136322.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373425612.136322.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 566
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373425630.924947.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373425630.924947.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 566
Did it again - was in Dicks Sporting Goods and picked up a Savage/Stevens 320 Tactical 12GA for 189.00 new with ghost rings. Seems to be a pretty solid gun. I am going to take it out this weekend!

Attachments

• ysZ0b0yu6_Lh31hfoR1.png
    ysZ0b0yu6_Lh31hfoR1.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 510
Nice Joe!

Where are those made? I'm wondering if it's the same model that's imporyed as the Mossberg SA-20 /Weatherby SA-459...

LES - shot it Sunday, great gun for the money a lot of fun and for that price you dont mind if it gets a little dirty.

Yes, I know these are just fancied up express models, but I don't see them for sale hardly at all on gunbroker or gun shows/shops.

Are they producing less than they once did or only doing custom work?

Learn me!

Well Friday is the day I buy my first shotgun and I still can't decide between a remington 870 and a mossy 500. What would you do if you were in my shoes? The safety/action release positions don't bother me at all. I've heard a lot of people are having problems with the new 870s. But I've also heard that the 870 is better because it's steel I need some advice!!

gonzo said:
I've heard a lot of people are having problems with the new 870s. But I've also heard that the 870 is better because it's steel I need some advice!!

The receiver just holds everything together, the bolt and barrel take all of the pressure from a fired round. I can't think of anything I would do to a shotgun where the aluminum would fail before steel.

I say this as a long time 870 owner with many, many, many 1000's of rounds fired through my base model express magnum. I've not fired as many through my Mossberg's as I do not shoot as much skeet any more but I have no fear of the receiver breaking or wearing out prematurely.

Either should serve you well.

I prefer the visibility of Mossberg's tang safety and the aluminum receivers are plenty strong enough to hold up to any abuse you can dish out. There are a few Remy 870 owners here that have mentioned issues with rust on the steel receivers though. Keep it cleaned and oiled and that shouldn't be an issue either...

After going to the shop and looking at both firearms I went with the remington it felt alot nicer then the 500 spx did. So I made the purchase! I'll post a pic soon

I upgraded my hunting 1187 into a home defense-type shottie by increasing the ammo mag to 9 rounds total and adding a 15 round sling. The problem is I need attachment points for the sling and I'm having a hard time finding some for the 11-87. I've found quite a few sling attachment adapters that go in front of the stock but having a hard time finding some that go in front of the gun. Any help? I just joined the shotgun world so I'm learning as I go! :)

Thanks

Remington 11-87 with plasti-dipped stock and forend and Choate +4 round mag extension.

Back