• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

I have my SigPro SP2340 on a local FD/trader board for $400 I was offered a Verona 405sx(I'm guessing) in trade, I know ZERO about them and the Internet isnt being helpful, do any of you fine folks care to enlighten me?
Text said...
Very nice Verona semi auto 12 ga. Super well built, holds 5 rounds all synthetic, pics if interested.
It's 11:16pm, so it's a bit late to ask for pics, I was traveling so wasn't able to reply two hours ago.
Thoughts?

Never heard of a Verona but now I have that song "My Sharona" in my head! :mad: ;)

My experience is the majority of people wanting to trade on the local gun forums have a gun worth half as much as the gun I'm selling. And my guns are priced correctly. A quality handgun will most always keep its value, IMO. An unknown brand shotgun--not so much...

Anyone have any thoughts on this.

I thought it might be cool 100 years from now but I just don't see it selling well.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/GUN-DP12

GUN-DP12_h.jpg

I would buy TWO JM Pros for this kind of money. And although a little longer, I'd wager a bet I could empty a JM Pro ON TARGET, put it down and pick up the other JM Pro and empty IT on target in the time it would take to empty this "novelty"... :D

Cool idea but not sure of the practicality of it.

I know if CTD is the only one to carry it, it will never make my list. ;-D

Cool idea but not sure of the practicality of it.

I know if CTD is the only one to carry it, it will never make my list. ;-D

Good call MikeD! They haven't seen a penny of mine since bailing on scary black guns and their early and excessive price gouging post Newtown.

bsipes,

Interesting I guess, but it's not for me.

And I agree that anything to do with CTD is an immediate 'nyet'.

Well I've never purchased a 870 b4 so I'm curious what one goes for.
Was at lunch today during work and next door to where I was eating was a pawn shop, so I ate quickly and walked over and they had a 870 tactical which in my opinion was in pretty good shape, no marks, gouges or obvious damage and rack function was pretty solid as well.
They had it for 275.00 and wanted to know if that was a good deal for one or should I possibly haggle down some. Don't need it but then again why pass it up if it's a deal.
Any and all input would be great to know.
Thanks in advance.

Thx for the input LES. I'm going back today during lunch and see it's still there. If so I may get it. For the right price of course.
Seen a lot of new ones priced but most of the used ones are always sold by the time I come across them, so we will see.

$250-$300 seems to be the magic number for ones i see unless it is in exceptionally good shape or has a scope etc.

I have three Mossbergs (14" 590A1, 20" 590A1, and a 18" 930SPX). I also have two Remingtons (18" 870 Police, and 6" 870 Super Shorty). None have been changed from their original condition.
I love both brands equally. My question is, why is it so much more difficult to load shells with the Remington shotguns? The shells just slide so easily into the Mossbergs, but the spring is so tight on the 870s.
Or maybe it is just me? Any ideas?

Back