• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smith & Wesson

Haven't owned a S&W auto for many years, but after getting an M&P 9mm for my son (and wanting to try a red dot pistol, since the front sights are getting blurrier and blurrier)

I recently got this M&P Pro with a Leupold Delta Point.

sa9upe9y.jpg

I'm really liking it, and it's become my bedside gun with TLR-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you zero thr dot on the Deltapoint ? I pretty much have mine where the white dot on the front site is but it seems awkward ?

Whether for a red dot or for irons, a cartridge laser bore sight is the best $30 you'll spend for quickly, easily, and accurately finding your zero...

I have a half dozen or so of these from SightMark in various pistol and rifle calibers that I carry in my range bag. Simply put in the batteries, pop it in the chamber, ease it closed, and adjust your sights or red dot to the laser point. Saves a lot of time and ammo...

I have a few of those in pistol and rifle calibers, but the ones I have may get you minute of zip code, but still have to spend quite a few rounds to walk where I want it.

Thinking back on my 35-years of handgun shooting I can not recall ever having to futz with the sights on any revolver or pistol that I shot inside of 100-feet distance. Out of the box they have been just fine. Call me lucky, I guess...........

^^ That's because Nitesite is such a Bad#*s that the bullets are scared that if they didn't go where he wanted them to, it would piss him off and he would stomp them and their unfired brothers flatter than a fritter! :D

Last edited:
I am just trying to zero the red dot on my deltapoint ....I am with you that so far i have been lucky with all the irons on my handguns also nitesite

I've seen someone with a red dot on their pistol in an 8 hour defensive pistol class. During one handed manipulations and one handed clearing with a cover garment he was not a happy camper and took it off the rest of the class.

I seem to always shoot a couple inches left. Handgun or longgun, does not matter. I try different ways of gripping, same thing. I usually wind up moving the rear sight to the right and calling it good. I feel like its always a work in progress though.

Fundamentals probably need a little tweaking. 9/10 it's the shooter and not the gun in pistol shooting.

I took an 8 hour pistol class last year. Unscrewed a lot of habits and tightened up my groups. Liked it so much took 3 other classes and now started doing local IDPA comps.

2015 I'm taking the shotgun series.

Good to know Water....I am considering taking one now after hearing it helped you .....I definitely have a few habits that i would like to re learn.... thanks !

Before the class 7 yards 9mm:

16003954171_28174d9fb6_c.jpg

After the class and working on fundamentals for a few weeks, 7 yards:

12498110495_d1150bde05_c.jpg

Well worth the money with a reputable instructor. I also got a SIRT training pistol which has helped out draw and shooting speed and follow up shot sight acquisition.

Here are my S&W Revolvers, all of them M&P models.
Mark

S&W M&P Model 10-5 .38 S&W Special Revolver, 1966-1967 era.

British .380" Revolver (aka .38 S&W, .380/200, .38/200, etc.) Calibre S&W M&P Revolver, 1942. (Cartridge box and lanyard included in photo)

U.S. S&W M&P "Victory Model" .38 S&W Special Revolver (USN Holster included in photo) circa 1942-1944.

Back