• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Springfield Armory...

SWEET!

I love mine now that I had the trigger work done. Before, I was ready to trade it in for a pointy stick...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
SWEET!

I love mine now that I had the trigger work done. Before, I was ready to trade it in for a pointy stick...

I think the factory trigger in mine felt lighter than a Glock but it was a bit mushy. I love mine now to after the work I had done to mine. It was worth every penny. Everyone that shoots it comments about how much they love the trigger and how the grip feels on it. It feels like it points more naturally to me than what a Glock did that is why I purchased this over the Glock 23.

after slide refinish
P2060232.jpg

This one was bought for my youngest brand new from Davidsons Distributing (gungallery) just before he was born. I bought it expressly to give to him when he gets old enough.

5 years ago, there wasn't hardly any aftermarket stuff at all for them. I did my own trigger job on it. If you take the slide off and watch how the action moves, it's very easy to figure out by limiting the movement of the trigger bar.

I didn't lighten the trigger because I didn't think it needed it, but I did eliminate all the takeup and got that half mile of creep out of it. I could've made a hair trigger out of, but didn't want to defeat the trigger safety. So now when the gun resets, it is exactly at the point where the trigger safety resets and then no farther.

I also didn't like the hollow guide rod. That was the next thing to go. I put a stainless steel 2 stage sprinco recoil rod, slide bushing (which was very nice and lacking on the original) and used a 16 pound recoil ring in it. This made a world of difference in tightening the groups up.

Then I extended the slide release. Again, this was before anyone made an aftermarket one.

Then I put a slate black duracoat job on the slide and installed a set of fiber optic sights on it when they came available. Had I known at the time that Sig night sights are the same as the XD sights, I would've bought them, but I didn't find that out until much later.

centermass_and_one_for_good_measure.jpg

And just because I like it so much, here's a video. Yes, I know I missed the same jug twice. That was all my fault. I never claim to be a world champion hand gunner :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCcFwtfVEc0[/youtube]

I bought mine through davidsons to. Best price around. Came with lifetime replacement guarantee with davidsons as well as lifetime warranty from springfield. You cant beat that.

Yeah, Davidsons is great like that.

When I had my FFL's, I bought a lot of stuff from them.

Springfield XD .40 Subcompact

I'm probably going to pick up an XD sub 40 Monday. Did a search but didn't find a lot. Anybody using one? Just looking for any likes/dislikes. The biggest thing I read about them is they can be a little snappy. I thought about going with a 9mm but I've already got one. Not gonna rule it out though...I do like a 9mm.

Re: Springfield XD .40 Subcompact

jimmydeuce said:
I'm probably going to pick up an XD sub 40 Monday. Did a search but didn't find a lot. Anybody using one? Just looking for any likes/dislikes. The biggest thing I read about them is they can be a little snappy. I thought about going with a 9mm but I've already got one. Not gonna rule it out though...I do like a 9mm.

Jimmy, I moved your post here for continuity sake.

If you'll take a look back through the posts you'll see that Dan and I both have and XD40SC. I love the feel of the weapon now, but had to make a few modifications to get there including a trigger mod and some slight filing to the mag extension. It's a great little shooter and packs a big punch in .40S&W...

so far my bro's XDm 9 is the nicest sooting, most accurate 9mm I have ever picked up.

EDIT: this statement expired 2/22/12 ...... :twisted:

Well boys and girls...I'm the proud owner of an XD40sc. Just picked it up. Out of everything I was looking at this one just fit. Love the feel of it. I ordered a Pearce extension for the 9 rd magazine. I read up on the trigger kits last night but I'm going to take it out a few times before I decide. Here's a crappy cellphone pic so I don't get yelled at.

XD1.jpg

I have the full size/5 inch model. I like that pistol pretty good

VitSports6, I really like your M1. Nice looking piece.

Back