• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

If she was in Guam as AF then she was at Andersen. I was never stationed there, but I passed through there many times. Very hot and humid. Nice base though.

I think the island turned out a bit different than she hoped. The heat and humidity was bad, but she was used to that being a Texas girl. Being overrun with snakes and spiders was a hole other issue though...

I think the island turned out a bit different than she hoped. The heat and humidity was bad, but she was used to that being a Texas girl. Being overrun with snakes and spiders was a hole other issue though...
It was overrun with snakes. The brown tree snakes ate all the bird eggs, so for many years there were almost no birds to be seen anywhere on Guam. When we would land and take off from Andersen they would bring out a Beagle that was trained to sniff out snakes that may have crawled onto the airplane when nobody was looking. I haven't been there in maybe 5 years, but the bird population was starting to make a comeback, due to a law saying you could shoot or kill the snakes whenever possible.

Shouldn't be too hard to tell who I am. Hey Sarge for the screen name, and an Air Force logo. Yeah you guessed it, I'm a Sergeant in the US Air Force, 24 years. Proud 590A1 owner, among many others.

Welcome aboard Sarge. I'm an Army Vet with a few very close relatives who were AF. We had a fun rivalry, so I know 'Wild Blue Yonder' almost word for word. Presenty a DAC near Ramstein, GE so I'm mixing and mingling with you guys often. Thanks for maintaining the tradition...

Thank you sir. I know Ramstein very, very well. Was stationed there many moons ago. And being an aircrew member, I've passed through there countless times. Also did some time at Spangdahlem. Ramstein was, and still is, my favorite overseas posting.

Welcome to the forum from Florida.

hey airdale,,,,CVA66 USS America, almost 50 years ago. Sister ships.

TY flag.jpg

Spent 7 years as an airdale 38 or so years ago. Served on CVN65 and a few other stations, but the Enterprise was always my favorite.
Ron
Welcome aboard Sir. I come from a family that serves in the military as part of the family tradition (Army/AF/Navy/National Guard). Navy-My stepfather was a CPO on the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt. I remember going aboard as a kid when it docked in NYC. Talk about being impressed... :D

Last edited:
I'm the CADD supervisor at work & my initial is Q.

The avatar is my Mossberg .30-30, torn down for polishing.

"Dirty Bob" was my character in a long-running Aftermath (post-apocalypse role playing game) game. He was a lone biker with an M1 Garand in a scabbard on his Harley, a Luger in his waistband, and an old-style switchblade in his pocket. I drive a small car, lean towards Mossberg shotguns for personal defense, and it's more likely to be a Glock in a holster and a small fixed blade in my pocket.

The avatar is a screen shot from the movie Suicide Kings, in a kind of epilogue which wraps up some of the "loose ends" of the plot. That's Denis Leary, as Lono, behind the suppressed Glock.

All my best,
Dirty Bob

Back