• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The reality of gun confiscation

carbinemike said:
I think it is logistically improbable that they could pull off a national confiscation

I should probably add some more to this that really bothers me. As an engineer I think through how to accomplish things and then implement them.

As a nationally recognized Incident Commander III and Operations Section Chief, I have thought about it over the last few years as well, I know what it takes to organize large forces of men right down to where they have to sleep,shower,medical,chow,support,transpotation,maping, gear, just to name a few ……it’s impossible lol …just the firearms would take up their own state, l but I like your use of the word improbable because we never really know do we.

As a nationally recognized Incident Commander III and Operations Section Chief, I have thought about it over the last few years as well, I know what it takes to organize large forces of men

Thanks Oli, my logistics experience is on a much, much smaller level. I'm glad to hear it won't be to easy.

and mine is much much smaller than what it would take, but I have a good idea about it. Just the communication and coordination would be a feat.......

oli700 said:
Apparently you've never lived in a sea of trees......I guarantee that life style continues in this neck of the woods

Actually Oli, I was born, raised and currently live in a very rural area where firearms and hunting are a way of life from a young age. My two oldest boys are 9, got their first .22 rifle when they were 7 and have put a ton of rounds downrange. I'm anxiously awaiting for them to get big enough to handle a shotty with enough proficiency to sit in a tree stand during deer season. I know what you mean about the way of life going on.....but I think we face the risk of it being slowly snuffed out if a stand isn't taken now. It won't happen overnight, or in one generation, but I do think it could be regulated into obscurity.

I see your point as all good things must come to an end, bad thing too for that matter

I, for one, have a lot less fate in my government not trying to enslave and control me. I believe that if they control the media, the military and the banking system, then we will need much more than guns to protect our rights and freedoms. Government whether liberal or conservative, no longer represent the individual but corporate and special interests. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my SGH-I747M

The internet has given us a ready means to organize and (to borrow a tactic from the other side) "flash-mob" our legislators and the local news media.

If we don't do it to them, the anti-gun forces are gonna beat us to the punch. They're already loosely organized into anarchist, or anti-conservative, or pro-Marxist groups and the media's in the tank for them...but the 2nd Amendment question is different. That's the one area where real Americans are already in contact, talking with one another, raising money for projects and bringing pressure to bear on politicians.

Think back...politicians have long lived in fear of organizations like the NRA. Liberal hate them. They have been so effectve in American politics that villifying them has almost become a separate industry among liberal lobbyists and the mainstream media. Folks like us, even here on this humble forum, are already organized and skilled at putting pressure and cash where it demonstrably does the most good. We're far better at this than we realize, folks.

I hope the leadership here will start working with our membership, and with like-minded groups of Americans, to bring our power to bear. I've got some cash I can contribute, I have some time to devote to the cause...where can we go with this?

Snowman366 said:
I've got some cash I can contribute, I have some time to devote to the cause...where can we go with this?

I have more than plenty of time, maybe not a lot of cash but certainly enough time! :D haha
I believe many groups have already tried to deem the NRA, NRA-ILA and GOA as Terrorist Cells/Groups and trying to oust all of us members by making it Illegal to be a member... I am a current member for at least 6 more months, at which point I will most likely renew my membership again... At what point will they scare me? Never.....

i hope the military and police do not take my guns.

i am in ny and i saw first hand within 48hrs the unconstitutional acts that took place.

i just hope the military doesnt come to my house becasue i am not following the law. if they do i hope they are fighting with me.

i cant give up my rights

Toys-N-Joys,

Have you seen the latest events up there?? If you own a Pistol or Revolver, you are breaking the law! A "typo" that was "accidentally" put into the newest bill/ban says that a firearm is "pistol or revolver" and they also forgot to excuse Law Enforcement from the Magazine ban.... so your LEO's are going to be illegal too if nothing is changed before the 16th of March...

http://i.imgur.com/pWf1q.jpg

May or may not be related to the original post. Possible hijack warning.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9ioCbqJCU[/youtube]

Military overseas action, my ass. Training for upcoming martial law and a show of force is more like it. Unless the drug cartels decide they want to fight back in downtown Miami...

I thought I'd bump this up there again with something I read today. We talked about the difficulty of confiscations. Kalifornia is hopelessly backlogged in the confiscations that they can make per state law...and this is just the felons and those with mental illness that they know of. Thought it was interesting.

Amid a national debate about preventing the mentally ill from owning firearms, one state has a potentially potent weapon -- in California, officials are allowed to confiscate guns from convicted felons and those with a history of mental illness.

Just one problem. Staff shortages and funding cuts in recent years have left a backlog of nearly 20,000 people to disarm, says Stephen Lindley, chief of the Bureau of Firearms for the state Department of Justice.

According to the state DOJ, that's nearly 40,000 handguns and assault weapons currently in circulation that shouldn't be.

This was a great article, and I'm not at all surprised about common sense coming from someone like a 20 year spec ops veteran. Just as Archer said, there are a few cool-aid drinkers that will follow no matter what; sadly I think a few of the people that work with me would fall under the same category.

They are a very small minority. And let’s think about it realistically here... we'll pretend that everything has gone to crap, the president ordered the confiscation of privately owned firearms and has ordered the military to be the enforcement arm. Ok, according to wiki we have roughly 1.5 Million active duty personnel in all of our 5 armed forces. Of that number how many are actually trained in combat/tactical operations? I can only speak for the Coast Guard, but I tell you that our active LEO community that would be properly trained to conduct those raids is very small. Support personnel involved in logistics, maintenance and admin make up a BULK of that active duty number. Many naive people believe that our military is this big and bad entity that will just run over anything... they forget that that same military is made up of their neighbors, friends and families.

Not to say that we shouldn't be vigilant, but an all out "war" on Americans is unlikely. Although if you push your oppressed people enough…. THEY might be the ones to start the war.

A full frontal assault on gun owners by any government agency or political body would be incredibly stupid on many levels. And incremental approaches tend to get lost in the tsunami of regulations that pour out of all levels of govt.

Even businesses often consider fines for breaking some obscure regulation as just the cost of doing business. One of my previous civilian employers even budgets for it, simply because the fines imposed are factored into production costs and eventually passed on to their customers. It's not unusual to consider such fines as a type of baksheesh, since the fines end up in the regulating agency's coffers for their discretionary use, independent of any federal or state money they get for their annual operating budget. Wanna have a big Xmas party in Vegas? Hand out a couple slam-dunk fines.

As for local communities sticking together, I have no doubt that the one I reside in would not tolerate any such move to confiscate or otherwise trample our rights, and that includes our sheriff and deputies, and many of the local military at the nearby AFB, who patronize our local gun shops. As an example, I took some scrap iron down to our local metal recycling place today, and mentioned to the young lady that was running the desk that this cash would allow me to buy some more ammo. Her reply was: "Not if they take our guns first". I told her they'd have some trouble doing that, and she enthusiastically agreed. Granted this is a rural community in MS, so not indicative of metro areas, but still points out the difficulty that would be encountered in a gun grab.

Well said AK.....military folks will be the first to tell you this. they would have to destroy the population with other means and they could decimate this land but it would be at a cost to high to pay.

A conventional, guerilla situation against Americans cannot be won buy any military.....that is the #1 reason we still stand as Free Americans.

Every now and then the Fed tests the waters and see how many patriots show their faces ......faces not Emails.
The Republicans and Democrats play good cop bad cop to their intended audence...and we pick the lesser of two evils, not acceptable but the wool has been pulled over the collective eyes of the American people.

One day we won’t show our faces, which will be the day they know they won.

If I were the Gov I would be handing out guns to worthy folk and telling them
”listen, we are currently being threatened by North Korea and we owe a lot of money to China, who backs them 100%. They all still hate us for what we did there in the 50’s.”…

The current messages is LOUD and clear to the rest o the world….”America is falling apart and our time is nearing”… it feels like they are trying to hand us over on a platter

Well said Gunny......The clowns in charge aren't completely stupid. They know that if they were to pass down a direct order to the military or police to begin door-to-door gun confiscations they would get very little support from the ranks. They accept this, they've moved on to plan B. I've been saying for the last few weeks that because the outpouring of support for the passage of the AWB died off so fast they have had to slow down their plans. They don't want to TAKE our guns away.......they want us to hand them over to them as a symbol of admitting that THEY are the only ones who can save us from ourselves. Sadly....I think more and more people are becoming willing to do it. Newtown was a test.....they had thought that after seeing the election results the American people were ready to swallow the pill and hand over the guns. Thankfully it only served to awaken the pro-2A crowd and make them more vocal.......but that crowd is being seen differently now than it once was. How many times in the past few months have you heard us called "backwards" or "out of touch" or "rabid gun-nuts" or even worse? Sure, we all know that it is a line of bullshit........but changing social views of gun ownership will make it more difficult to bring new, young people into the pro-2A movement and within a few generations the voice will grow smaller....harder to hear......until the views are only held by a small group of holdouts. The fight will be gone. No military will be needed to confront or confiscate. The masses will have handed over their only tool of freedom for a false sense of safety and security. Those of us who choose to hold out will simply be allowed to die off.....no fighting needed.

Yes Tim, the generational approach is an option they are working on too. That isn't just for guns either. It is only a matter of time until we all have a chip implanted to carry medical records, financial info. and on and on and on. What is appalling to one generation isn't so bad to the next and is the new normal to the 3rd one.

Back