• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Me thinks you're onto something!!

I was kinda wondering about the water myself, but didn't even remember Rick dipping in at the start. The shower scene is what got me thinking about tainted water.

Ol' what's his nuts....I hope Michonne gives it to him something fierce!!! :lol:

ripjack13 said:
Patrick who went out of his way to shake hands with Daryl, who I may point out was eating with and licking his fingers.

I pointed this out to the wife on Sunday.

It's gotta be a viral outbreak of some sort, whether naturally mutated or something introduced into the group intentionally. They might not know where the Gov. is, but he sure knows where they are. With them taking strays into the prison it wouldn't be too difficult to plant someone in the group in order to unleash a biological agent...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
ripjack13 said:
Patrick who went out of his way to shake hands with Daryl, who I may point out was eating with and licking his fingers.

I pointed this out to the wife on Sunday.

It's gotta be a viral outbreak of some sort, whether naturally mutated or something introduced into the group intentionally. They might not know where the Gov. is, but he sure knows where they are. With them taking strays into the prison it wouldn't be too difficult to plant someone in the group in order to unleash a biological agent...

LES, you were right (obviously)...probably about time that they addressed what happens with a highly infectious disease that can kill quickly, especially without treatment. Because they everybody can be a threat if they can get sick and die quick enough.

But who's feeding rats to the zombies?

Where did this start from? Hogs is a guess (swine flu?), but that is not good news for the Sheriff since he sprayed pig blood in his eye from one of those piglets.

And I guess BBQ'ing sick zombies is a "technique", but getting them there in the first place might be dicey.

Guess I'm still hooked until next week!

Yep, could be a traitor feedin' rats to the zom's by flashlight. But as one of the guests on the Talking Dead suggested, perhaps it's one of the kids?

Maybe LES is right, could be a plant from the gov too. The new guy, the ex-alcoholic who just about bought it at the Big Spot....I got a bad feeling about him.

So, we got someone encouraging the walkers to hang out at the fence line and an aggressive member of the community who wants to eradicate disease with extreme prejudice....sounds interesting!! :lol:

Should we take a poll on how long until a) Carl puts the sheriff hat back on or b) blows away his next innocent?

We need an ongoing TWD poll for some key plot points and ridiculous predictions. :lol:

cmcdonald said:
Should we take a poll on how long until a) Carl puts the sheriff hat back on or b) blows away his next innocent?

We need an ongoing TWD poll for some key plot points and ridiculous predictions. :lol:

When Carl puts the hat back on, it's game over. Just like when the Sheriff slapped that sexy Colt rig back on.

I think Carl liked being able to go pop some zombie heads to save Bijou(sp?)

I think they will "render safe" the sickness thing in the plot, because at this rate it would take out the entire population in a hurry. You would think in the meantime that everybody would get locked in their cells until it played out to prevent the sick guy waking up dead and eating everybody's guts.

I was thinking the kids were feeding the rats too, but they would have to be taller to reach? Figure a 6ft zombie, a kid would have to be pretty tall to hold a rat by his tail up to mouth height and a flashlight at the same time.

i think it is the black guy that was telling them how quickly things like that spread in a small close community...i think his name is bob...that is feeding the mice and burnt the two bodies/zombies...one of which was tyrese's girlfriend.

carl def, got the taste for popping zombie heads back after helping save michonne from the two walkers...

i'm sure rick didn't just let clara turn to come back to haunt him...

Note to self: 4wd is important in case you get high-centered on zombie corpses. And a brush guard.

And elderberry tea is good for flu symptoms.

Sad that I'm getting most of my mental survival rehearsals from a zombie show.

zagmp03 said:
Note to self: 4wd is important in case you get high-centered on zombie corpses. And a brush guard.

the fact that they do their research for things like the berries being good for flu symptoms is one of the reasons so many people watch it...

as far as 4wd goes...did ya ever wonder why train "cow pushers" were shaped like that?

speedyquad said:
zagmp03 said:

the fact that they do their research for things like the berries being good for flu symptoms is one of the reasons so many people watch it...

as far as 4wd goes...did ya ever wonder why train "cow pushers" were shaped like that?

Yup, makes total sense to abandon the "fast car" idea versus a beefy 4x4 decked out with a cow catcher (or moose catcher as we call 'em up here). In those circumstances, I can't imagine making a 50 mile run each way without a back up vehicle running in tandem. I guess gas could be an issue, but it would seem prudent to run a support vehicle for such a long and important foraging mission.

However, that doesn't make as entertaining TV! The zombie burn out was pretty epic!! :lol:

I'm glad we're seeing more of a return to gritty realism again...I like that. And Carol...well didn't see that one coming either. But it makes total sense. Carol came up a few notches in my estimation near the end of last season when she challenged Merle one on one, alone in the prison if he was really with them or not. That took guts and I think she was ready to turn the guns and ammo she was loading on him if needed. She's a lot tougher than she's been given credit for. I think that became pretty clear last night when the little girl was sick and was trying to cling to her...memories of Sophia I'm sure.

cmcdonald said:
[quote="speedyquad]

Yup, makes total sense to abandon the "fast car" idea versus a beefy 4x4 decked out with a cow catcher (or moose catcher as we call 'em up here). In those circumstances, I can't imagine making a 50 mile run each way without a back up vehicle running in tandem. I guess gas could be an issue, but it would seem prudent to run a support vehicle for such a long and important foraging mission.

However, that doesn't make as entertaining TV! The zombie burn out was pretty epic!! :lol:

I'm glad we're seeing more of a return to gritty realism again...I like that. And Carol...well didn't see that one coming either. But it makes total sense. Carol came up a few notches in my estimation near the end of last season when she challenged Merle one on one, alone in the prison if he was really with them or not. That took guts and I think she was ready to turn the guns and ammo she was loading on him if needed. She's a lot tougher than she's been given credit for. I think that became pretty clear last night when the little girl was sick and was trying to cling to her...memories of Sophia I'm sure.[/quote][/quote]

Totally agree on all. There are still some inconsistencies that the show doesn't address because it limits the storyline - pretty much any gas they found by now would be bad, it would clog up those electronic engines quick as hello. An '83 Chevy with a 400 in it would burn it all day, but get about 2mpg.

I read an article they other day that basically said this: Zombies would never have a chance because Nature would eat them alive. Think about that. If you have the "undead" that are basically rotting corpses, wouldn't all of natures bugs, scavengers and predators population just explode eating them? I can imagine flocks of vultures so thick they would blot out the sun.

Zombie burnouts are totally epic!

Malnutrition would set in by now. None of those guys would be the big beefy dudes they are now. Not enough protein in the diet.

Not to spoil the show, it's entertaining as heck. Carol is one tough broad and I think is the real power behind Rick. Looking forward to next week!

I'm sorry, but letting Carol go was dumb. Yes, she put a mercy killing on some people. But you know what? After what happened, they were on the way to becoming a threat and she was trying to prevent that. Hard decisions need to be made, but they are hard for a reason. I think that will come back to haunt Rick.

^^^^Agreed...I have trouble believing that during a zombie apocalypse you would send away one of your most valued, resourceful and dependable members because of the scenario we saw played out over the last 2 episodes.

I understand that you can't have someone playing lone executioner of the living in such a large group. Those killings, though likely warranted and the decision making process that led Carol to that place were not hers alone to make. That was a decision for the council.

Conversely, so was Rick's banishing of Carol. No longer his sole decision to make, but one that belonged to the council...to the group.

I feel as though they are spinning out of control and someone (a strong leader) needs to bring cohesion back to the group.

They need to devise contingency plans and agreements amongst themselves in order to deal with such circumstances. That being, if anyone for any reason becomes a threat to the group...they leave voluntarily or are done away with for the ongoing survival of the group.

All in all, I really enjoyed the episode. This season definitely has a different feel and I can't exactly put my finger on what it is. It has something to do with everyone having a different set of priorities and the loss of group focus I think.

cmcdonald said:
That was a decision for the council.

Conversely, so was Rick's banishing of Carol. No longer his sole decision to make, but one that belonged to the council...to the group.

Carol was a council member, but took the killing of the sick into her own hands without consulting the group. She was training kids how to kill without the group's knowledge and blatantly asking Carl to lie to his dad about it. She was leaving the fences on her own after being asked to wait until Rick could go with her and causing Rick to have to risk his life to save her. A good leader will make snap decisions for the good of the group, but so will a sociopath make impulsive decisions for self preservation. Think back to season 2 and the decisions Shane was making for "the good of the group". He shot Otis to save himself and get the medicine to Carl, he killed the captive guy in the woods, all decisions made on his own out of self preservation that led him down a dark path. I think Rick saw the same thing happening to Carol and getting her away from the group was the responsible thing to do.

cmcdonald said:
I feel as though they are spinning out of control and someone (a strong leader) needs to bring cohesion back to the group.

In my opinion this is what Rick is doing.

Carol was becoming a liability and one that would have divided the group had he returned with her and put the matter before the council. The group was safest under the Ricktatorship, but it took too much of a toll on him. I doubt we'll see him in that type of leadership capacity again, but I think now he will return and take a more active role in the council going forward...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Carol was becoming a liability and one that would have divided the group had he returned with her and put the matter before the council. The group was safest under the Ricktatorship, but it took too much of a toll on him. I doubt we'll see him in that type of leadership capacity again, but I think now he will return and take a more active role in the council going forward...

I like your perspective on Carol and the comparison to Shane. My thought was if Rick had left Carol at that little cluster of homes and gone back and asked the group what they wanted to do with her...that would have been the right thing to do, not necessarily expedient. We all know Tyrese would kill her or close to it, before reaching his senses. I think Tyrese is kooky right now, but will return to an equilibrium in time.

I agree the group was definitely safest under Rick's sole control. Definitely another turning point for the whole group when Rick returns. I'm curious how he will explain it. I'm pretty sure in Rick's style...he'll tell the truth and suffer the consequences of any criticism or dissension. As the sneak peeks have indicated...all hell is about to break loose again at the prison and will deflect the attention from Carol's departure.

Personally, I think it's time to move on from the prison. Chris Jericho on The Talking Dead made a good point I think...that they're ongoing presence at the prison is going to continue to attract walkers. If they do not fortify the fences (like Woodbury) they won't be able to hold out there much longer. Also Carol, Shane and definitely Carl are becoming like the new breed of post-apocalypse survivor.

Looking forward to tomorrow night!!

I couldn't believe it either. She took the news well too....I don't think we've seen the last of her though.

As I predicted the outbreak at the prison deflected attention away from Rick's return and Carol's departure. The crappy part is Daryl doesn't even know yet. Not sure what his reaction will be...but I don't think it will be favorable.

Any thoughts on Rick & Hershel's discussion through the glass about how things will not be the same when it's all over? I am assuming Rick meant when the outbreak has finally run it's course. I'm thinking there will be a return to a more militant and vigilant group.

I'm glad the gov is making his much anticipated return as well...should amp up the anxiety level a bit!!

One common theme early on was that the supply of ammo was limited. Having to revert to the backup brain-stabbing weapon after a gun ran dry was a common, but necessary occurrence.

But watching Rick and Carl go full-auto on the gate-crashing horde made me wonder if they knew about the selector switches on those M-4s... :?: ;) I guess with a cart full of ammo (from Woodbury via Nat'l. Guard?) they weren't too worried about it.

As a closet anarchist, ;) I can see how current events might lead one to hoard... A "zombie" horde might be likened to a rioting mob leading one to ask: "Do I have enough ammo?" and "Will I have enough ammo?"

Keep buying ammo, my brothers and sisters--it will be trade fodder for the apocalypse. :twisted:

cmcdonald said:
As I predicted the outbreak at the prison deflected attention away from Rick's return and Carol's departure. The crappy part is Daryl doesn't even know yet. Not sure what his reaction will be...but I don't think it will be favorable.

Any thoughts on Rick & Hershel's discussion through the glass about how things will not be the same when it's all over? I am assuming Rick meant when the outbreak has finally run it's course. I'm thinking there will be a return to a more militant and vigilant group.

I'm glad the gov is making his much anticipated return as well...should amp up the anxiety level a bit!!

That was a great way to end the episode with ol' eyepatch....now we know where bichonne will be focused, maybe to the detriment of the group...

I think that Rick and Hershel's discussion was based on people seeing their own die/be mercy killed when they succumbed to the sickness and turn - very personal way to go, especially if ten minutes ago you were a sick guy, now you are a zombie I need to pop.

I go back to - where did this disease come from? Who was feeding the rats to the zombies to make them infectious?

Back