• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Andrea was too soft... that was her problem. I think they are going to pull a "Morgan" and bring the Gov' back way later in the 4th season! Why blow the cliffhanger within the first few episodes??!?! lol

October... The Walking Dead... the only reason I welcome Fall in PA!

David Morrissey, aka. "The Governor" has been re-signed as a cast regular for season 4.

This means he will be appearing in far more episodes next season than he has so far. His role on the show is not even close to over. Compared to the graphic novels, the TV series hasn't even scratched the surface of the character's depravity. The writers know they have a gold mine with this character and are going to milk it for everything it's worth. Besides, without the Governor out there all the group has to worry about are the walkers. Remember them?

David Morrissey, aka. "The Governor" has been re-signed as a cast regular for season 4.

This means he will be appearing in far more episodes next season than he has so far. His role on the show is not even close to over. Compared to the graphic novels, the TV series hasn't even scratched the surface of the character's depravity. The writers know they have a gold mine with this character and are going to milk it for everything it's worth. Besides, without the Governor out there all the group has to worry about are the walkers. Remember them?
Glad to hear it, except not sure how they will work that into a regular plot line now without beating it to death. I agree with TerryD, I was starting to tire of the gov a little and wanted to see some resolution or payback for his sorry, pyscho butt!!

Its hard to get the full effect on TV, the whole mental aspect to the gov or any character for that matter. That's why characters end up getting nixed, so new story lines can be introduced and hold our interest.

Besides, without the Governor out there all the group has to worry about are the walkers. Remember them?

Oh yeah...those are the ugly, smelly zombies right? Jeez almost forgot........ :lol:

I understand them keeping him on and how much they had to put into creating his character, but some more side stories about the fact that the group has to go out to find food and supplies. Like the conclusion of the Morgan character.

Some things in their life were still happening despite the Governor being out to get them and I just wanted more focus on those things as well.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

lol I never got into Graphic Novels.. especially ones that come from Shows or turn into Shows lol

TerryD said:
I understand them keeping him on and how much they had to put into creating his character, but some more side stories about the fact that the group has to go out to find food and supplies. Like the conclusion of the Morgan character.

Some things in their life were still happening despite the Governor being out to get them and I just wanted more focus on those things as well.
I was hoping to see a little more of the day to day survival as well. I think they could have introduced some pretty interesting scenes exploring, scavenging up weapons and supplies from within the prison alone.

Their arsenal blossomed even before the "Clear" episode with Morgan, those weapons came from somewhere...assume inside the prison. Perhaps the armory they guessed existed but never was shown to be explored or even found for all we know.

Going out on supply runs like Maggie & Glen did or Rick, Carl & Michonne have inherent hazards that could fill in a lot of gaps in time and even character development. Not to mention lots of zombie elimination!! It would certainly give more depth to the characters. Lets face it, you can only kill zombies so many ways and things will begin to get contrived and tired. Obviously, desperate survivors are much more dangerous and unpredictable than the 'one track walkers'.

I am now in serious withdrawl...I need a fix!

I have em saved on my dvr.....you can come over my house for a WD marathon weekend. ;)

ripjack13 said:
I have em saved on my dvr.....you can come over my house for a WD marathon weekend. ;)

That would be awesome 'cept for one lil' problem.....according to Google maps its 3095 miles from my place to yours. :eek:

One week to go boys and girls!!

Need my zombie fix bad!

Holy crap, all I can say is I hope they don't bugger it up and go all "Lost-like" on us in the 4th season of that show. :x

I've been waitin' for next Sunday for what seems like a bloody eternity!

Yeehaw! Let's go!!! :evil:

I'm lookin forward to it as well.

FYI, there is a spin-off in the works. It'll be centered around a key character that leaves the group...

Jeez...I don't know if that's good or bad. Any thoughts?

On a basic level: more zombies + more zombie killers + more guns = freakin' awesome!!

However, most spin off shows die a horrible death. Notice I said most? There is always an exception.

The main group of originals is so small now...to lose many more might start to suck.

Any guesses on the character who might be leaving? It's gotta be someone strong enough to carry a whole show and storyline...I'm thinking Andy Lincoln or Norman Reedus are about the only ones who might hold my interest. However, either of those guys pretty much are the show anyway. Glen, Maggie, Hershel and Beth are family...don't see that group splitting up unless there is major surgery done.

Michonne might be able to carry it but they haven't spent enough time really defining her character and we really don't know her very well. I don't know...I would really hate to see another original cast member gone from the show.

the spin off has none of the current characters...it is basically a walking dead show all of it's own. completely separate from the comic series and the current show...that way kirkman is not bound by trying to keep close to the comics...

So they're going to introduce a new character and then spin it off from there?

Back