• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The wood shop.

I made a few more bolt action pens tonight. I'll get pix tomorrow.
One broke on me....so...Gotta scrap the blank and save the tube....

Rats.

Oh...good name Mossy...I like that one....

Thanks man...

That first one is a junk kit. I just found some parts in the half off bin and put em together.

It was going to be a twist cap, but I opted to make it a clicker. Didn't work out so well. It scratches the wood in the middle. So...that'll be one I keep.

The second one is sweet. Purple Cactus alumilite on a Atlas/Carbara kit in gunmetal finish. It's tough to get the cactus and the resin smooth/even with each other so it feels a lil bumpy, but thats normal. I also repurposed the coffee scoop into that one. I wasn't happy with size of the scoop, so I cut it up and made it into a pen. Much better.
I need to get more of that stuff. That was my last of the cactus....

The last one is Lignum Vitea on a black enamel bolt action. I love the look of lignum. Nice brownish green color. And sands up smooth as glass. As I was turning it a crack appeared so I filled it with black super glue and tried to hide it under the clip. But it's not bad. I wouldn't sell it, so it goes in the give away pile....

I did get an order for a real high end fountain pen. I can't wait to get the kit and turn it out. I bought 2 just in case I flub it one the first try....

Side note...I went for ride to the store yesterday, it wasn't too bad. Not much pain so I should be able to get outa the house this week and hit up the PO....

:)

Thanks man...I have been doing as much as possible till it hurts, then take a break. Heating pad feels great and also a hot water bottle thing. Moist heat is sweet. I'm down to 2 smokes a day too...I need to quit. It will help make the fusion take quicker. So I have a goal to be smoke free by the end of spring...or maybe sooner. The flavor just isn't there anymore since Obummer outlawed flavored cigs and cigars. Meh...I guess that is one good thing he's done. But I still hate the bastard....

;-)

Man, I quit drinking for over two years after I had my back surgery.

It was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG two years brother, but it paid off ten fold. Good luck with it man, I know it ain't easy...

Dude!! Those pix look sweet! Nicely done sir.

Thanks again....

Made another cool pen. This one was a bit of a pita. 17 pieces in the inlay. But came out pretty sweet looking. I'm sure the new owner of it will take better pix...

NCM_1819.JPG
NCM_1816.JPG

Back