• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vang Comp, Mossberg

Awesome, from your pictures the reduction in muzzle flash is substantial IMO. I should have mine shortly

So_Very_Happy_V3.jpg

Should we use this as the all encompassing VCS thread or would you prefer I start my own ?

I would say keep it all in one but its totally up to you guys.

Holy Beautiful Persuader!!! I love the way the VCS porting stands out against the blued barrel!!! drool...

I machined .22 rifle barrels for about 4 years between fire seasons in my early 20s, I can tell you the work is good. The work inside the barrel is just as nice as the porting.

oli700 said:
I machined .22 rifle barrels for about 4 years between fire seasons in my early 20s, I can tell you the work is good. The work inside the barrel is just as nice as the porting.

I'm no machinist, but I can tell a difference betweeen stock and now, the work is smooth and looks good!

Ok I went out and did some patterns today. The only thing I have to compare against is some Rio 9 pellet 00 buck. I haven’t patterned the other two rounds I shot today so I have no pictures to compare them with.

Left to right
Rio non buffered no shot cup soft lead 9 pellet 00 buck, cheapest I can find.
Remington Express buffered 9 pellet 00 buck
Remington Magnum buffered 12 pellet 00 buck
both Remingtons have a shot cup , gas seal or column
All 2 3/4" shells
IMG_0317.jpg

So the Rio I have comparison pictures and to my eye the results are incredible…..you really can’t ask for much better from barrel work. the targets are 12"x12" for both types of targets

10 yards, stock barrel
IMG_0007.jpg

VCS
IMG_0324.jpg

15 yards, stock
IMG_0008.jpg

VCS
IMG_0325.jpg

20 yards, stock
IMG_0009.jpg

VCS
IMG_0326.jpg

Remington Express buffered 9 pellet
10 yards
IMG_0327.jpg

15 yards
IMG_0328.jpg

20 yards
IMG_0329.jpg

Remington Magnum buffered, 12 pellet….high power, high velocity

10 yards
IMG_0330.jpg

15 yards
IMG_0331.jpg

20 yards, notice the nice cone, one pellet missing.
IMG_0332.jpg

Slugs….more manageable and no loss in accuracy….and possibly better but I have to play with them more.

50 yards off hand, two 5 inch gongs, one 10 inch….for reference a CD is 6 inches. My buddy hung up the gong on the right and couldn’t unhang it with the last 5 rounds in his AK….but I got it.

Centurion 1 1/8 oz rifled slugs

Video play it full screen

I am very, very satisfied.

That looks great Oli! I really need to get out and test my VCS barrel soon.

It seemed to like the lower velocity stuff as far as pattern....I will remember that with my reloads
The muzzle rise felt less but the recoil felt the same .... the knoxx may be fouling that assessment

I was just watching the video again and I still cant get over how you can see the slugs....when the camera is zoomed in it seems to capture them, you guys notice that ? like around 15 seconds and when I unhook the small gong at the end . Full screen mode and they come in from the right... looks cool

Ah, sweet! I hadnt noticed that before! Thats pretty cool, and darnit I have way too much work and I wanna get my video posted!!!

Back