• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

walmart

old mossy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
walmart announced today only 4 boxes of shells per day per customer. :lol: another joke.

3 boxes at mine and been like that for about a week already.

But since they probably don't have 10 boxes of shells in the whole sporting goods section, doesn't seem to matter much anyway.

On a sidenote, I noticed the new stevens shotgun for $179. I looked it over good and turned my stomach when I saw that IMPORTED engraved in the barrel, and the slide release button looked like scrap metal. :evil:

Somebody needs to put their size 11 up somebody's tail at savage.

pretty soon you'll be able to buy a LG fridge and a LG shotty.
but according to bama we are doing great. :lol:

YOu may have to check with your walmart on this but where i work i was told it is 3 boxes per kind per customer so if you want 3 30-30's, 3 .223's, and 3 .22's you can get them. Again you may have to check with your walmart on this becuase when i first came down the way i took it from how they worded it was 3 of any kind only but asked management and was told 3 of one kind 3 of another and so on. So you can get 3 boxes of 10 dif calibers if you like.

Not an issue here. We never see more than three boxes of a popular caliber, on the shelf, for more than a few minutes anyway. I swear, I'm pretty sure there are folks camping out in front of the WalMart ammunition cases, like they are waiting to buy concert tickets. Take care. Tom Worthington.

local general store by the pound,,,,, :lol:

Attachments

• by the pound.jpg
    by the pound.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 303
Nothin here to buy, unless you need dove loads, target loads, maybe waterfowl... oh and 5 round boxes of .410 slugs here and there. More or less just 12 and 20 ga stuff.

No problem lazy and i agree with i got 10 boxes of 555 winchester .22s in lasted alittle more then 10 minutes on monday also got 40 50 count remington thunderbolt .22s in the 3 hours i had sold 25 boxes the rest solded early the next day. Then on thursday i got 10 boxes of 375 cci ar tactical .22s with 10 boxes of the 325 fedarl auto match .22s and they again last less then 15 minutes. I have tried to tell people if they would only just give us afew weeks to get stocked up like about a month or so things would kinda get back to normal the same people i tell that to would come in and say how many boxes of .22s you got htere give me all of them and that is why the 3 box limit came in to effect so that everyone gets a chance to get some its still not working that well be atleast one person cant come in and buy everyting that just came in. Kinda like one of our employees did last week with some .223s we got 25 boxes in and when i left that night noone had got any because i didnt get them until 930ish and left at 10 first thing the next morning he was there and bout all of them.

I noticed a single box of 40 S&W for $36 something for a box of 50.

They had a couple boxes of 22-250's, a few little boxes of 22 shorts, and a few of the 100 ct 20 gauge shells in winchester.

Nothing else.

Ya, walmarts I've been to are sold out of everything, so what's it matter. On the plus side I found .45acp at gander mt today and picked up a box of 50 to plink this weekend without using up my stash...

,,,,,shortage of ammo,,,,,,could it be manufactures are slowing down just for a price increase???

old mossy said:
,,,,,shortage of ammo,,,,,,could it be manufactures are slowing down just for a price increase???

My take?

It's not manufacturers holding back, it's the retailers...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
They're holding back to see if any new legislation will effect prices and more importantly, their taxes. If ammo taxes are raised they'll be left holding the bag and will have to pay the difference on their existing store inventory. With a company the size of Wally World, their tax liability on ammo is huge and any variation in rates could cost them millions. If they wait and can account for the tax increase before shipping ammo out to stores then they can adjust prices and pass the tax increase on to us...

didnt work to day but last night we had 4 boxes of the 250 rem .45acps come in with 10 boxes of the ppu .45 also as for .40 i guess we dont have many people who own them or something cause they sold out fast but last 3 weeks we've been keeping the winchester 50 count and 100 count 165gr fmjs and 180gr fmj the 180 hollow points lasted a good while also.

I don't really think so mossy.

components are in very short supply.

And without components, you can't get the loaded ammo out either.

And with such a long backlog for ammo (some stating 8+ months), this whole year is going to be tough. I fully expect there will be the "Have's" and the "Have not's" by halloween.

As the year progresses, I actually expect to see as much (or maybe more) import ammo as I do US made ammo for the simple reason that other countries aren't buying up ammo at the rate that the US is, and they would have more freedom to make what these importers are wanting to buy.

Just for a friendly note, if anyone finds some 147 or 158 gr 9mm in ROUND NOSE FMJ, I'm looking to pick some up. I've seen a lot of flat tip stuff, but that's not what I'm needing.

Back