• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Walther

My Mom's EDC,

Walther PPK/s

It's Interarms, not S&W. Put fifty rounds through it yesterday and it's a sweet little shooter. It's a lot heavier that I thought it'd be, but it handles very well.

Picked up a Walther P22

I've not had a .22 handgun since my old Single Six. Man I'd love to have that one back. Anyway, ran across a good price on a P22 today and decided to buy it. Nice feeling little gun that doesn't weigh anything. Gonna take it to the range tomorrow. Hope I can handle the recoil. :eek:

walther0.jpg

Re: Picked up a Walther P22

Nice, I love shooting .22's! Even with my more "impressive" guns, I find myself spending a lot of time with my Ruger Mark III at the range.

Very nice find jimmydeuce !!

I use to have one of those. Careful with the ejected brass. The P22 has erratic spent shell ejection location...meaning you will find a few decide to smack you in the forehead or fly over your face/head while the others eject to the 2 or 3 o'clock position. The slide is a soft magnesium, inspect the steel dog ears that ride on the rails and make sure they are rounded smooth or the slide will be eaten up by them. Remington golden bullets would not cycle the slide, mini mags and hyper velocity rounds always worked for me. That sucked for me because the golden bullets are way less expensive.

Overall the P22 is a favorite host for a suppressor and ergonomically great that fits in many places. Find some ammo it likes and it is a fun gun, but it was not a gun for me.

Very nice!
I like mine, Its even an old bugger, I have only had about a dozen misfires out of the 5-600 we have run though ours.
Is yours new, Used? either way try to use some good ammo through it, I had no issues really with the WalMart 550 packs of Remington or Federal, But if its new, I would suggest CCI Minimags for the first couple hundred, It helps break in things, From what I have read.
Again, Good luck!

It's new. The guy I got it from has 2 and he suggested CCI Minimags too. I've got a few hundred rounds of it so I'll definitely break it in with them.

Nice!

That's one of the new P22Q models. They redesigned the ergos a bit to more closely match the larger bore PPQ. We've got two of the older models. My wife's was a jam-o-matic on the first range trip, but the magazines were causing the issue. The feed lips were out of spec and were pinching the bullets on the way through causing FTF after FTF. I opened up the feed lips a touch with a needle nose plier and problem solved. Mine was good to go outta the box. Other than the initial mag problem, we've had zero issues with feeding or ejection from a wide variety of ammo.

Lookin forward to your range report!

I like the looks of it and it feels really good after I put the larger backstrap on it. I just cleaned it and got it back together. We'll see if I have any issues with it tomorrow.

Took the P22 to the range today. Man I forgot how much fun a .22 pistol was to shoot. Ran about 300 rounds through it and only had 2 rounds that didn't feed and they were in the first 25 or so rounds. Started with CCI Minimags and after about 50 rounds switched to Blazer to see how they'd do. It ate the Blazers with no problem. I only had one magazine so I spent more time reloading than shooting. The range owner gave me a decent price on them so I picked up 3 for it while I was there.

How do you two like the new assault weapon?

I like mine really well, although mine doesn't assault anyone and I've owned it for years and years. I'm just making light of their new criteria.

You can shorten the follower and make it a 12 rounder.
ignore.gif

I'll see your 12rd follower and raise you a...

She just went from an 'assault weapon' to a WMD... :lol:

I don't have a can for mine.

But I know how to make them if that is any consolation :lol:

Waltherheadshot2.jpg

The P22 seems to be the star of this thread so here is the one I gave my wife an Valentine's Day a few years ago.
Valentine.jpg~original

Here it is more recently.
P-22_Target_N051477--348.jpg~original

P-22_Target_N051477--357.jpg~original

Back