• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Walther

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Sweet!

I love my P22. How'd the pistol in the candy box go over?
It was just what she wanted. :mrgreen:
There was another box with candy. ;)
Less than two years later she received this Walther P5 for her 9mm bedside comforter.
P5_Valentine.jpg~original

Now it looks like this.
P-5_9mm_012802_1980-943.jpg~original

P-5_9mm_012802_1980-922.jpg~original

His & his.
P-99AS_40SW_FAH3506_2008-010.jpg~original

P-99AS_40SW_FAH3506_2008-453.jpg~original

These two P99s are my go-to guns for defense. The .40 is bedside home defense and the 9mm is for the office. Of course now I have the Mossberg in the closet.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Outstanding assortment Sir.

...so I take it you're a Walther fan... :D
Thank you and yes but my fanaticism encompasses Mauser pistols and Lugers as well.
For now I would say that no Walther collection should be without a P38.
The first one I got was a Postwar police trade-in I think.
P-38_9mm_179428_1962-139.jpg~original

That I traded in on a Postwar Commercial P1.
P-1_9mm_314384_1964-013.jpg~original

Later I added a Wartime Mauser P38 byf 43.
P-38_byf43_9mm_6629n_1943-005.jpg~original

well I had a walther p22 that I purchased for the wife and just playing end up selling it as it starting failing to feed far too much and sold it

I always keep it clean as can be with no real issues found out that it seemed the hammer wasn't locking down far enough and was forcing the slide to bind after being fired causing the jamming/ ftf problems

Pictured below is my P38 built by Spreewerke GmbH, Metallwarenfabrik, in Berlin/Spandau Germany in 1942 during the second World War. The Spreewerke inspection stamp consisted of an eagle above the number 88 (E/88), but the first 500 weapons made at the Spreewerke factory had Walther inspection stamps which consisted of an eagle over 359 (E/359) . (My specimen has a serial number of 246 and the Walther acceptance stamp E/359). The letters CYQ are the code used to designate construction at the Spreewerke plant, which produced around 285,000 units by the wars end. This specimen is also Wehrmacht stamped with an Nazi eagle over swaztika. The P38 is chambered for 9mm Parabellum and holds 8 rounds in the magazine. She also came with a black semi-hard leather holster that holds an extra magazine.

SHOOTER13 said:
Pictured below is my P38 built by Spreewerke GmbH, Metallwarenfabrik, in Berlin/Spandau Germany in 1942 during the second World War. The Spreewerke inspection stamp consisted of an eagle above the number 88 (E/88), but the first 500 weapons made at the Spreewerke factory had Walther inspection stamps which consisted of an eagle over 359 (E/359) . (My specimen has a serial number of 246 and the Walther acceptance stamp E/359). The letters CYQ are the code used to designate construction at the Spreewerke plant, which produced around 285,000 units by the wars end. This specimen is also Wehrmacht stamped with an Nazi eagle over swaztika. The P38 is chambered for 9mm Parabellum and holds 8 rounds in the magazine. She also came with a black semi-hard leather holster that holds an extra magazine.
That is a fine piece. I am waiting for a cyq to come my way again; I passed an opportunity at the time I purchased the byf since I could afford only one at the time.
I would suggest that your grips are not the originals to that P38. Spreewerk grips typically had five grooves interrupted by the mounting screw hole, yours has six like the Mausers had. You can see that my P38 has five interrupted grooves so they must have come from a Spreewerk pistol. When I became aware of this I went back to check the cyq I had passed on; it looked to have Mauser grips with six such grooves. I believe they had been from the same estate sale and the grips had been switched. I opted not to pursue the issue at the gun shop since I really like the color and look of the bean husks in the texture.

Have a new Walther on the way to LGS and should pick up Saturday, Wife and I are off Monday and plan a range trip. Will post pics after range trip! :cool:

yardbird said:
Have a new Walther on the way to LGS and should pick up Saturday, Wife and I are off Monday and plan a range trip. Will post pics after range trip! :cool:
Glad to know that. What model?

Back