• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Walther

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
That's a good lookin shooter.

I really like that holster too...

Gotta say....shooting it wasn't half as enjoyable as was researching it's history. It was a 2nd variant PPK for the RSHA. Been a WWII buff since I was a wee lad listening to my grandfathers war stories. I still have the Nazi belt buckle he "acquired".

Understood.

My Pop has a PPK that's not much fun to shoot either. As for the belt buckle that's a great heirloom. My Grandad brought back an Arisaka Type 38 from the South Pacific that's still in the family collection. The pieces are great in their own right, but the stories behind them are priceless...

I wish he had gotten more enemy items. Besides his patches. The only other thing of his I had was his bayonet, which unfortunately was lost. Bummer.

On topic. I am torn. I like Walther's history as a manufacturer, but for my dollar there are other pistols that seem like better buys. Maybe one day when I get that disposable income, lol.

Picked up the wife's Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm and just returned from the range.
WaltherPPQ003_zpsbcbf46b2.jpg

WaltherPPQ004_zps8ef97c56.jpg

The trigger was everything I've been told about, crisp break and short reset and the ergonomics are fantastic. I did get some muzzle flip but I had just finished up a box of 45acp in my 1911 and the PPQ is 1/2 the weight of the 45 and the small back strap was installed for the Mrs. Nice pistol can't wait for the next range trip!

yardbird said:
Picked up the wife's Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm and just returned from the range.

The trigger was everything I've been told about, crisp break and short reset and the ergonomics are fantastic. I did get some muzzle flip but I had just finished up a box of 45acp in my 1911 and the PPQ is 1/2 the weight of the 45 and the small back strap was installed for the Mrs. Nice pistol can't wait for the next range trip!
The 21st Century Walther I want most is the PPQ original with the paddle mag release like my P99s.
Your M2 should serve you well I'm sure.
Neither one will I likely ever see here in the PRK.

Back