• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your beverage of choice?

I have not, but thanks for the heads-up Sir.

Always up for tryin a new KY bourbon. Looks like the folks at the local liquor store are about to get a request...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I have not, but thanks for the heads-up Sir.

Always up for tryin a new KY bourbon. Looks like the folks at the local liquor store are about to get a request...

2 or 3 of their offerings are only available at Duty Free shops (not all airports will stock it either). It is a little expensive also. The top of the line (Straight from the barrel) will run 130 proof or so, and won't be available at your local store. It's all good stuff if you like your bourbon neat (the only way, imho) :D

I found out about it about 20 years ago on a trip along the bourbon trail.

I would love to try more Bourbons and Whiskeys but I'm afraid they'll taste like JD... Had a bad experience in my younger years, just the smell of Jack makes me sick...

Has anyone tried George Dickel?

Archametes...have some in a mixed drink and work your way back. It will be worth the trip to be able to enjoy fine whiskeys in moderation.

Yeah I can, to a point, mix them in drinks... But then the Captain comes a calling and I'm of on a trip!!! Lol

carbinemike said:
Has anyone tried George Dickel?

Archametes...have some in a mixed drink and work your way back. It will be worth the trip to be able to enjoy fine whiskeys in moderation.

Dickel is my everyday ordinary whiskey. It's pretty good for an inexpensive whiskey. They have a new one out, Barrel Select, which has gotten some good reviews. Might have to pick up a bottle. :)

don't be fooled,,,,i got a look in Gunny's back yard,,,,,,,,

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 367
Alright, being a seasoned beer drinker, with the hoppy stuff flowing in my veins as part of my birth right ( I'm German after all) I still haven't found a way to enjoy liquor. I feel like I haven't reached manhood because I still shutter after sipping straight whiskey... do I just need to drink more??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try it ice cold. And dare I say....water it down?

aksavanaman said:
Alright, being a seasoned beer drinker, with the hoppy stuff flowing in my veins as part of my birth right ( I'm German after all)

^^^^Same here AK, German and all. Sipping Dad's beer from when I could walk but only tasted whiskey once when he gave me a tablespoon during a case of the flu. I slept good! I did not enjoy whiskeys until my mid 30's. Around that time I bought a magazine called Malt Advocate for information on beers but found good advice on sipping and enjoying whiskeys/bourbons. You may want to try an Irish one like Jameson. I find it to be smooth and not as strong flavored like scotch and American whiskeys. Also, nothing wrong with watering it down some. Use spring water and I'd try it room temperature first and later with ice. Whiskey snobs will say to never add ice but I say do what you like best. ;)

Whiskey101 from the Malt Advocate. Includes information on different types, enjoying it and terms:
http://maltadvocate.com/whisky_resources.asp

Wow....good reading in that acticle. Thanx for that!

I'm glad you liked it Ripjack. I posted it up during my lunch break and it had me thirsting for a nip all afternoon. I shouldn't have reread it! :D

Oh man...sad night in ripville....I forgot I drank the last of my Jim Beam Black. Now I have nuttin. Well...I do have a bottle of Seagrams VO from 1976 (aged 6 yrs.). Ah...why not. I'll take a glass out....

How'd that Seagrams VO work out for ya rip?

I'm tryin a little Dewar's Highlander Honey this evening...

This stuff is pretty damn tasty...

Oh man...it was good. It's so old, I need to keep some around. It was my Dads. ;)

Back