• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your beverage of choice?

I just love to sip on a glass of Wild Turkey Rare Breed bourbon on ice. Sooo smooth... it's the perfect way to end my day.

rarebreed_zpsa82e16ba.jpg

He's a smooth devil he is! :D

I'll have to make one of those for Mrs. Carbine to try.

577184_10200483702438597_1997222792_n.jpg
Starting a week off of work with a home brewed Classic American Pilsner. The recipe reflects how beer was made in the US before prohibition. The ingredients are what the German immigrants found to make the best beer possible. This one came in around 6% alcohol, is smooth and very drinkable. Cheers!

Yuengling, if for no other reason than you can't get it west of the Mississippi. Have a former commander to thank for getting me hooked on that stuff. Something about it when it's ice cold....I'm going to go find one now...

The Yeungling brewery is about 90 minutes from here. I have some in the fridge right now, next to the home brew keg. Good stuff.

carbinemike said:
The Yeungling brewery is about 90 minutes from here. I have some in the fridge right now, next to the home brew keg. Good stuff.

I am so jealous of you right now good Sir. I made a special trip 800 miles out of the way to fill my truck bed with it so I and my friends might have a couple cases each. Unfortunately my supply dwindles daily (I guard my Yuengling stash more heavily than my .22lr stash).

zagmp03 said:
I am so jealous of you right now good Sir. I made a special trip 800 miles out of the way to fill my truck bed with it so I and my friends might have a couple cases each. Unfortunately my supply dwindles daily (I guard my Yuengling stash more heavily than my .22lr stash).

Zag, I was on vacation and missed your post. If you ever get to the brewery, it's not far from the biggest Cabela's in the country too. I talked to a beer salesman one time and he told me that it drives Budweiser crazy that because of Yeungling they don't dominate the market here.

It says a lot about the decline of the country when one has to guard a stash of .22LR and Yeungling beer..,both should be available at the corner store!

carbinemike said:
It says a lot about the decline of the country when one has to guard a stash of .22LR and Yeungling beer..,both should be available at the corner store!

True story...

Let you in on a little secret......

Yuengling and others are pretty damn good but a good IPA is where it's at.

SweetWater Brewing Company IPA from Atlanta is the real deal.

http://sweetwaterbrew.com/brews/ipa/

This is my FAVORITE beer and I can get it locally!

It is full of dry hopps. Lots of hopps.
It has a grapefruit and pepper aroma with lemon and sugar tones. Nice orange color.
Unfiltered and non-pastuerized.
It is 6.7 ABV.
It is a great ale and chicks and manly men really dig it.

I'll start on one, and then another, and they are soooooo nice.

Then when I get on the riding mower I'll switch to Yuengling or PBR and it's all okay in my little world for the next hour....

Really, if you see Sweetwater IPA give it a try.

You're a good man nite!

The Publix store down the road stocks Sweetwater IPA and I try to keep a few in the fridge at all times. Easier said than done... :D

Yoooo a smart man!!!!!!!!!!! Yooooo a VELLLLLLLLEY smart man!

SW IPA is amazing, ain't it???

Back